PDA

View Full Version : well i did it..............

sweets
05-08-2009, 06:00 PM
What did i do you all ask.......................

A big pile of ironing that has been looking at me all week:laughing:

FussyElmo
05-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Oh good.............................................. ...................you can come and do mine now!!!!

nannymcflea
05-08-2009, 06:14 PM
lol,thats what I have a hubby for!:clapping:

zillervalley
05-08-2009, 06:16 PM
sweets you say you are in your own private world, I wish you had been in my world cos Ihave apile as well, going to tackle it when it gets cooler tonight

ziller

sweets
05-08-2009, 06:19 PM
sweets you say you are in your own private world, I wish you had been in my world cos Ihave apile as well, going to tackle it when it gets cooler tonight

ziller

Lol i absolutly HATE ironing and always leave it till my wardrobe is virtually empty and i nothing to wear!

ORKSIE
05-08-2009, 06:21 PM
I dont do ironing, I tumble dry it and fold it hot:blush: BUT......my Tumble dryer broke today:eek: what am i gonna do:huh:
apart from this:crying:

sweets
05-08-2009, 06:24 PM
I dont do ironing, I tumble dry it and fold it hot:blush: BUT......my Tumble dryer broke today:eek: what am i gonna do:huh:

Orksie that is very un enviromentaly friendly!! i wouldn't like your electricity bill.:)
Clothes smell much nicer if hung outside.
Not saying you smell of course, i wouldn't say that , your avatar is too scary! (but at least youve got one):laughing:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
05-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Please please please come and do mine, I HATE ironing.

ORKSIE
05-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Orksie that is very un enviromentaly friendly!! i wouldn't like your electricity bill.:)
Clothes smell much nicer if hung outside.
Not saying you smell of course, i wouldn't say that , your avatar is too scary! (but at least youve got one):laughing:

LMAO I hate it when you bring in your washing (when i did use to hang washing out) and a bird had Pooped on it:eek: :D

LOOPYLISA
05-08-2009, 06:58 PM
You must be my twin :laughing:

Its the worst job EVER in the whole wide world lol :laughing:

Mine is up too date though and yes i was telling EVERYONE ive done the ironing, i was so proud !

Chimps Childminding
05-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Please can you come and do mine too!!!!! I never get to the bottom of the basket!!! and when I do the boys decide to tidy their bedrooms (after much nagging from me) and guess what, all the clothes on the floor end up in the wash!!!!!!:angry: back to square one again!!!!:panic:

LittleMissSparkles
05-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Iwas very good when we got back off our hols i didall the washing and then ironed it the next day took me 5 hours :eek:

but now im back into none ironing mode lol and have a basket and a half which by the time i get motivated to do it will probably have doubled in size LOL

i would willingly pay someone to do my ironing every week :littleangel:

manjay
05-08-2009, 09:11 PM

I'm with you on this one:thumbsup: Life's too short for hanging out washing;)

RainbowMum
05-08-2009, 09:11 PM
I gave up ironing about 2 years ago - round about the time I took up minding:laughing: seriously though - even line dried clothes if folded nicely are ok and no-one ever looks further than the end of their own nose anyway:blush: I will iron nice 'going out' clothes - so thats about twice a year:laughing: :laughing:

ZoeAlli
05-08-2009, 09:19 PM
I gave up ironing about 2 years ago - round about the time I took up minding:laughing: seriously though - even line dried clothes if folded nicely are ok and no-one ever looks further than the end of their own nose anyway:blush: I will iron nice 'going out' clothes - so thats about twice a year:laughing: :laughing:

I agree! When we moved house we lost the use of a tumble dryer, so if I can't hang outside, it hangs on line in utility room! If you fold it as soon as you take it off the line the creases do not show much. The only thing I iron is dresses, pleated skirts and shirt collars!!
( however you're right Orksie it is annoying when you find bird poop on the item your about to wear!!!)
:)

Cazz
05-08-2009, 09:20 PM

I didn't want to be the only one to admit to this but I'm with you entirely and now you've said it I'll own up as well.

I love doing the washing and hanging it out but in my opinion life's too short to be standing there for hours ironing!

When I first got married and it was just the two of us I actually enjoyed ironing but then I had twins and couldn't keep up with it so I gave up.

I fold things carefully and like Orksie sometimes put them in the dryer but generally only iron something if I'm going out somewhere special.

My mum can't understand this and irons absolutely everything - dh quite often irons some of his clothes as well, he's more than capable and much better than me! They were laughing at me as I bought a toy iron and ironing board from the car boot a few weeks ago and wanted to know who was going to show the children how to use it! :laughing:

"My name is Carole and I don't do ironing" - there I've said it now, what therapy!

sweets
05-08-2009, 09:24 PM
As much as i hate ironing i couldn't NOT do it! Its nice to put nice pressed into the wardrobe and fill it up again. wouldn't feel right putting crumpled clothes away. Don't laugh but my wardrobe is a bit colour coded, lights to darks. lol. i am a bit of a tidy freak i'm afraid:)

Cazz
05-08-2009, 09:31 PM
As much as i hate ironing i couldn't NOT do it! Its nice to put nice pressed into the wardrobe and fill it up again. wouldn't feel right putting crumpled clothes away. Don't laugh but my wardrobe is a bit colour coded, lights to darks. lol. i am a bit of a tidy freak i'm afraid:)

We don't wear crumpled clothes - if they're like that they do get ironed but if you fold carefully as soon as they're dry they're not creased much anyway (depending on the material of course).

Please could you come and be a tidy freak in my two older children's bedrooms?

I give up trying - we spend a half day in there tidying up and it's back to the same state within a couple of days. :rolleyes:

childmind04
05-08-2009, 10:10 PM
IRONING

Just because Pauline is away could we please keep the above swear word to a minimum, it is very offensive ;)

:laughing:

Cazz
05-08-2009, 10:14 PM
IRONING

Just because Pauline is away could we please keep the above swear word to a minimum, it is very offensive ;)

:laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
05-08-2009, 10:21 PM

Snap, even my 11 yr old colour co-ordinates :thumbsup:

It's a small world
05-08-2009, 10:32 PM
What did i do you all ask.......................

A big pile of ironing that has been looking at me all week:laughing:

Snap....gald it's over and done with for a few more days.....

Daddy Day Care
05-08-2009, 10:41 PM
As a stay at home daddy this is my biggest flaw, I hate ironing and im useless at it, it take sme over 10 minutes to iron a pair of jeans. I very rarely iron now, if OH aint around and i need a pair of trousers id rather go buy a new pair that look ironed rather than stand there faffing(sp) around trying to iron a pair myslef

margimum
06-08-2009, 03:57 PM
I can't be bothered ironing just for the sake of it, either. No one ever says I look rumpled. If they did though, I'd tell them my clothes are fine.... My skin is wrinkly!!:D :D