PDA

View Full Version : Yippee.. 2nd variation granted

MissTinkerbell
05-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Had phone call from Ofsted today to say that they have granted my 2nd variation.

I already have one for 2 weeks for a 4 year old who starts school part-time on the 8th, for 2 days a week and some school holidays.

I then had another enquiry for another 4 year old (startingthe same school on same day) but for 5 days a week and school holidays. Rang Ofsted to see whether they would grant another variation and they said probably not as they don't tend to allow you to have 5 under-5s but to apply for it any way.

Must have caught them on a good day!!! She said that the only reason they had granted it, after speaking to senior management, was because I'd had 12 years teaching reception so was obviously very confident and competent with this age group. I supppose though as I'd been teaching 25 4/5 year olds with 1 teaching assistant for 5 hours a day they could hardly say no after all!!!

Just need to get the contract signed now and its all systems go.

jaz
05-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Excellent news - well done!!

helenlc
05-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Well done you!!

Monkey1
05-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Well done!:thumbsup: ...still waiting to hear about mine!:rolleyes:

Blackhorse
05-08-2009, 02:22 PM
great news...you will be busy!! :-)

Daddy Day Care
05-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Wish they wouldnt give variations, that way there mgiht be some kids for the like of me whos still waiting for my first lol

Nah congratulations :D :clapping:

Gareth
xx

Monkey1
05-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Wish they wouldnt give variations, that way there mgiht be some kids for the like of me whos still waiting for my first lol

Gareth
xx

You will be wanting one soon enough when your bursting at the seams!

MissTinkerbell
05-08-2009, 03:10 PM

Gareth
xx

You'll get some soon - and I have the space for them its just that until they go to school full time they are under 5s and I need the variation for that. Once they are in full time they take up my 2 5-8 spaces.