PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought Rabbit Hutch

LittleMissSparkles
05-08-2009, 11:48 AM
have just ordered this rabbit hutch last night on the internet after seeing it in the shop got 10 % extra off on line :)

http://www.petsathome.com/find/product-is-22474

it is lovely and very spacious inside so we will have to have 2 :thumbsup:

any suggestions as to where to actually get the rabbits from, pet shop, breeder ????

xxx

LOOPYLISA
05-08-2009, 11:55 AM
:thumbsup:

We got 2 guinea pigs a few months back, looked in pets at home, they wanted £40 pair, looked in local paper and they were £5 each :D

How about your local rescue centre?, always lots of baby rabbits there :thumbsup:

ZoeAlli
05-08-2009, 12:20 PM
have just ordered this rabbit hutch last night on the internet after seeing it in the shop got 10 % extra off on line :)

http://www.petsathome.com/find/product-is-22474

it is lovely and very spacious inside so we will have to have 2 :thumbsup:
any suggestions as to where to actually get the rabbits from, pet shop, breeder ????

xxx

Now is that two hutches for four children, or one hutch for two children?!!

Seriously though, I would go to a small pet shop, or a breeder as they are more likely to know the history- ie where they came from. We got two from a friend who bred them for a while-the last one lived til she was 6years and was buried the same day as Michael Jackson!!
Look in the local paper or even the local shop.
All the best, hope you find the right ones :)

LittleMissSparkles
05-08-2009, 12:30 PM
thanks for the advice will look in the local paper :thumbsup:

sunnysmile
05-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Contact the british rabbit council to see if there are any breeders in your area. They also have a website. I am a BRC member and breeder but not very close to you. :laughing:

Hebs
05-08-2009, 03:11 PM
we had that one :thumbsup: very spacious

do not buy from a pet shop PLEASE

there are lots of rabbits in resuce/rehoming centres that need homes :)

mumof4
05-08-2009, 07:11 PM
We got ours from a rescue centre, they had so many it was really hard to choose. Have also got one free from an advert in the local pet shop. Good luck with your rabbits x

Wiggly
05-08-2009, 07:19 PM
How exciting - Good luck with your search. Will we see some piccies????

Wiggly
x

LittleMissSparkles
05-08-2009, 08:55 PM
How exciting - Good luck with your search. Will we see some piccies????

Wiggly
x

yes of course, I have emailed our local rescue centre so will keep you posted xxx

Noodles
05-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Please dont buy from pets at home we had 3 little guinea pigs from there and the poor little things suffered until they all died.
They all died of the same illness and our vet said pets at home are the worst place to buy from. Its so sad especially for the children when they are bought as pets.
Look in papers or rescue:) :)

childmind04
05-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Please dont buy from pets at home we had 3 little guinea pigs from there and the poor little things suffered until they all died.
They all died of the same illness and our vet said pets at home are the worst place to buy from. Its so sad especially for the children when they are bought as pets.
Look in papers or rescue:) :)

Glad noodles said this, pets at home have a terrible reputation for taking animals that are not 100% healthy and seeling them on to families who then have to deal with vet fees and very uspet children :angry:

sunnysmile
06-08-2009, 02:02 PM
I had a neighbour 2 weeks ago wanted 2 rabbits for his daughters but didn't want to wait until I had anything so went to pets at home got 2 on the Saturday. On the monday came round and said I got a boy and a girl but can you check them over they don't seem right. First he had 2 boys that were fighting. Second they had a contagious illness so I told him to put them straight back due to ill health.
In the meantime I had to change all clothing and disinfect myself as I do not want it passing onto my rabbits. I have now sourced him 2 purebred mini lops showable and guaranteed healthy for £20 less.

LittleMissSparkles
06-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I had a neighbour 2 weeks ago wanted 2 rabbits for his daughters but didn't want to wait until I had anything so went to pets at home got 2 on the Saturday. On the monday came round and said I got a boy and a girl but can you check them over they don't seem right. First he had 2 boys that were fighting. Second they had a contagious illness so I told him to put them straight back due to ill health.
In the meantime I had to change all clothing and disinfect myself as I do not want it passing onto my rabbits. I have now sourced him 2 purebred mini lops showable and guaranteed healthy for £20 less.

where do you live Sunnysmile ??? no where near me i would think !
havent heard anything from the rabbit rescue yet ..... xxx