PDA

View Full Version : free courses

ChocolateChip
21-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi,
Hope I am not teaching you all to suck eggs, as the phrase goes, but I've just been on a free course at my local tax office.
I found out about it on the tax office website when I was trying to register and I found it quite helpful.
The one I did was for the newly self employed but they do others. We got a helpful booklet to keep, and the lady who ran the course was great and told us loads of tips about what to claim for, what not to and what inspectors look for.
They will also invite us back for updates if we want to go, all in all I found it was really worthwhile, much better than I expected.

Nikki

angeldelight
21-02-2008, 04:11 PM
That sounds useful

Maybe you can teach us a thing or two now haha

xxx

Heaven Scent
21-02-2008, 09:10 PM
I posted a thread earlier to say that when I registered for tax someone came out to see me because its part of the service for new childminders and they have a booklet that they have specially prepared for childminders its really worth askin about. Also been on a course called tax for childminders through my local cis and also had talk from tax man as part of ICP course.

Celine

Raggydolls
21-02-2008, 09:19 PM
I have just received a list of times and dates for 3 courses they run for the self employed and i cant go on any of them, they are all thru the day when i wud be childminding and i cannot let the parents down already

stupid that they dont run any on sat's or night times

leanne
xx

Annie_T
27-02-2008, 09:52 AM
oh i have to have a look into that .. im due to start 8 week maths course as im useless at adding in head - have use fingers, toes etc or a calculator lol

thanks hun