PDA

View Full Version : Certificate soon - What next ?

bex8282
05-08-2009, 09:59 AM
HI There starting to panic a little now :panic: as I have been advertising & had quite a few enquiries already In which I am pleased with :)

Just a few questions really, if you can help will appreciate it

Who do I need to contact when certificate comes through ?
And is there the main Council I need to contact to do more advertising?

Also the enquiries that I have already had are mostly for School drop off and pick up - How do you do more than 1 school ? :)

Thank You:)

Daddy Day Care
05-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Most of the childminders i know concentrate on one school. I dont drive so will only be able to do school runs for children at the same school as my daughter.

Once your certificate comes it shouldnt be long before your DO gets in tocuh with you, and she/he will come and meet you and talk to you and answer any questions you may have

Gareth
xx

Hebs
05-08-2009, 03:40 PM
from september i'll collect from 2 different nurserys and 3 different schools

BUT

1st pick up is my daughter,
i drop her off at my son's school and wizz around to mindee C's school
then wizz back to my son's school and pick up my son and daughter :thumbsup:

i pick up from 2 nurseries, both at lunch time, luckily 1 mindee stays for lunch :D

MissTinkerbell
05-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Once your certificate comes it shouldnt be long before your DO gets in tocuh with you, and she/he will come and meet you and talk to you and answer any questions you may have

Gareth
xx

If you're lucky:laughing: I only saw my DO a few weeks back and that was the first time I'd seen her and that was at my request.

Dreean
05-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Sorry to sound stupid whats a DO?

FizzysFriends
05-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Sorry to sound stupid whats a DO?

Development Officer, they may be called something else in your area, they are changing what they are called here but they work for the council and are there to help childcare settings.

If you haven't already you need to contact your house insurance and order your CM insurance etc.

I pick up from 2 pre schools each day but can't do more than 1 school as the one I do often come out late and you can't park by the school so there isn't enough time to get to a different school.

bex8282
11-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Thank You for your replies, Certificate has now came :laughing: and have phoned the Development Officer, She has said that we need to concentrate on the First Inspection whilst waiting for phone calls - and to do the advertisement part!