PDA

View Full Version : Would love to hear your thoughts!!!

Harryblackdog
05-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Hi All

I am after your thoughts for my research again!!!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far your opinions are fantastic and really useful. I couldn't manage without you all.

This time I need to know one thing you like best and the one thing you like least about childminding?

Thanks a million

Jan

sarah707
05-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Best - freedom to be my own boss

Worst - parents who disrespect me

Very best - holidays!

:D

Roseolivia
05-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Best- running my own business while being able to be with my daughter.
Worst- Mindees having no respect formy house or toys/equipment.

Hope this helps.

sweets
05-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Best: being at home, no travelling to work in rubbish weather.

Worst: Long hours!

sunnysmile
05-08-2009, 09:24 AM
best- being part of childrens biggest and smallest achievements
worst- non payment and quibbling over charges for constant lateness

littletreasures
05-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Best - The fact that I could do what I love doing - working with children whilst being there for my kids as they grew up.

Worst - Difficult parents!!

hayleychildcare
05-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Best - Being at home for my children and getting to still play in the sand as a fully grown adult:laughing:

Worst - paperwork :angry:

cuffleygirl
05-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Best - The children

Worst - The parents

Princess Sara
05-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Best - The children

Worst - The parents

I imagine this to be quite consistent throughout! Haha.

Only been doing this for a couple of months now but,

Best - Working from home and not having to send my own children into other forms of care.

Worst - Hours! I am not the best person to do a 7am start and 6pm finish...

Daftbat
05-08-2009, 10:28 AM
The best thing is the instant reactions you get from the children - no other job really gives you instant feedback on a job well done (or not!)

The worst thing is some of the hours i have to work - early starts, late finishes. I work for parents in the NHS - one is an anaesthetist and of course if something goes wrong or is delayed she can't really let me know so i just have to wait for her to arrive. (not moaning - i knew from the beginning but sometimes its nice to know exactly when you will be finished work)

Good luck with your studies.

Mollymop
05-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Best - being at home for own children
Worst - People not respecting our profession enough and not understadning the amount of work we have to do

Polly2
05-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Best - being my own boss, choosong what I want to do each day in my own home

Worst - sometimes I miss adult company :)

Little Pumpkins
05-08-2009, 10:54 AM
best being at home to watch my child grow

worst paper work and non paying parents

very very best holidays when I choose

rickysmiths
05-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Best - Having been able to be at home for my two children and being my own boss.

Worst- the long hours and parents who don't pay on time and don't respect me.

georgie456
05-08-2009, 11:12 AM
The best -
Being able to be with my own children while having a rewarding career, the free training, having the best of children and then sending them home when they are tired and grumpy :D

The worst -
People thinking I am a babysitter and really not understanding what I actually do, my own children sometimes getting fed up with 'imposters' in their house playing with their things (my 4yrold DD's words!)

ZoeAlli
05-08-2009, 12:10 PM
The Best
Being around for my own children and being able to shop for toys and pushchairs for mindees (ha ha) :D

The worst
Parents who think you are supposed to be available at their beck and call- and then non-payment :mad:

helenlc
05-08-2009, 12:20 PM
The Best
Being around for my own children and being able to shop for toys and pushchairs for mindees (ha ha) :D

Lol - this is me!!

Best - being my own boss and being able to earn whilst being at home with & for my own 2 children, taking them to school etc.

Worst - one particular child's violent behaviour! Having to ask for money I have earnt and justifying HOW I have earnt that to other people ie I have not being sitting on my derriere while the children were plugged into the TV!!

The Juggler
05-08-2009, 12:45 PM
initially:

being around for my kids and/or

soothing my broody feelings by looking after other peoples babies

now, loving learning about kids and how they learn and seeing them progress.

worst, when you have to deal with sensitive issues with parents

the paperwork!

misst104
05-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Best - being able to earn money whilst still looking after my own children in their own home.

Worst - Paperwork and worrying each time the phone rings that it will be Ofsted to arrange inspection!!!

xxx

Blackhorse
05-08-2009, 02:38 PM
I havent properly started minding yet but here is what I think will be best and worst:

best: being self employed..my own boss..working from home..able to care for my dd...working with kids..

worst: uncertainty about money..as I left a monthly paying job...(guess that is the risk of being self employed), having a child injure themselves while here..seeing parents upset as they have to leave their kids even if they dont want to ...

but maybe all this will change once I am properly up and running with some experience to go with it!!
but I thought it might be interesting to see what people think that are just starting out

Hebs
05-08-2009, 02:41 PM
BEST; being my own boss and not having to ask for time off for holidays!

WORST; none paying parents, and NCMA being :censored: at chasing none paying parents :rolleyes:

nannymcflea
05-08-2009, 02:52 PM
I love the freedom it gives me to do my job to the best of my ability.

I don't like doing my tax returns!

Shar
05-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Best: Being my own boss, earning a good living, playing with little children all day & being around if my teenage kids need me.

Worst: Tax returns & Ofsted inspections.

Daddy Day Care
05-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Best: Not missing out on seeing my children grow up,

Worst: Inspections / having to say goodbye to a mindee youve had for years (not happened to me yet but am not looking forward to it.

Gareth
xx

Joannechildmind
05-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Best is Being with my daughter in school holidays and being my own boss, having hols when i want to.

Worst is being self employed (no money if no work) , inspections and all the paperwork side.

Bananabrain
05-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Best: sending the children home happy,dirty and exhausted. Listening to them laugh and really 'be' children.

Worst : parents having no idea how hard I work and the constant, endless, ridiculous,nonsensical rules and regs that change on a daily basis.

By far the most annoying part of this job is the fact that after you've done the healthy eating, constant paranoia about accidents and germs etc,endless risk assessments,endless checking,endless changes to what we are allowed to do and what we're not. There's not actually much time for playing and it drives me insane!!!!!!