PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck...

crazybones
21-02-2008, 02:31 PM
I am going to attempt to get Will out of nappies this weekend. A few signs in the last 2 days - he has told me wee twice and has just screamed the place down to have a dirty nappy changed because he hates sitting in it. He is 2 years 2 months so maybe I'll get it right first time. We have got really cute little Thomas underpants and am trying a pack of the new pampers feelnlearn pull-ups. Anyone used these? I have always avoided pull ups in the past except on long journeys because I think it is a bit of a step backwards. Got a reward chart from Pampers ready too. Any advice gratefully accepted. My only worry is that as soon as I mention it to mindee's mum she is going to want to start right away as she compares the two boys all the time. (only 2 weeks between them). Every time I buy something for William she goes at the weekend and buys the same thing for A. The dad goes mad because he is of the same opinion as me that he is playing with the toy in my house so get something different for home. Anyway, I dont think A is ready at all for training. Will let you know if it is a success or failure over the weekend.:)

Wish me (and Will) luck.

Annie x

Twinkles
21-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Good luck. I stayed in for a whole week when I potty trained mine. It worked though and they were done in a week.

Mollymop
21-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Just wanted to say well done to you and your little boy! It's nice when they start becoming clean and they let you know when they need the potty.

Just wanted to add that i have a mate who has to copy everything my daughter does or has it drives me mad.

Heaven Scent
21-02-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm afraid I'm a fair weather toilet trainer - literally have always done it in fine weather and spent all day outside so that house didn't get stinkey. - I'm not the only one have spoken to others who have done the same so all the very best of luck

Celine:thumbsup:

littlesprogs
21-02-2008, 02:50 PM
my mum used to have a neighbour who copied everything she did but always went one better iyswim. She took it way too far when my mum said she was pregnant a few months later this neighbour was pregnant with twins!! LOL

Good luck with Will x x

Banana
21-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Good luck!!! And I am sure it will be a success!! Just make a huge fuss about every wee and he'll love it!!!

I would explain to mum that as long as she is going to start the training over a weekend as as long as her son comes trained (maybe an odd accident) then thast ok but as you are training your own child you would appreciate being able to focus all your attention on his achievements at the moment and would ask her to appreciate that potty training is not always right for every child at the same age. Incase she thinks she'll just send him along in pants!!

Good luck and let us know how it goes over the weekend!

x

sarah707
21-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Good luck over the weekend! :D

miffy
21-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Good luck Annie and Will!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

LittleMissSparkles
21-02-2008, 06:19 PM
good luck xxx

charleyfarley
21-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Good luck with this, it's something I have to look forward to with Mitchell.

Don't think he is ready yet although if he has a messy nappy he pulls his trousers down and tells me poo poo.

Of course it's a bit late after the event but it's a start

Really hope it goes well

Carol xx

deeb66
21-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Good luck

I hope it goes well

angeldelight
21-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Good luck from me also

Angel xx

avril
21-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Good luck to you and Will, I'll going through this soon with Kieran and not looking forward to it!

I'll see you at nursery next wk to see how you got on.

Avril:thumbsup:

crazybones
21-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Good luck to you and Will, I'll going through this soon with Kieran and not looking forward to it!

I'll see you at nursery next wk to see how you got on.

Avril:thumbsup:

:laughing: It will probaby be rubbish Avril because he has just reminded me that he is 2 and has been lying at the bottom of the stairs for the last 30 mins having a tantrum because I wouldnt undo the gate. Every so often he is being quiet so I can go and ask if he needs a cuddle and then starts again. I am calm because I have had 2 glasses of wine and husband is home and in charge of going to bed issues. :D (should mention he had a very late afternoon sleep and so I think his brain is confused -Will I mean not hubby):D

Annie x

avril
21-02-2008, 07:38 PM
I've gone through that today with Kieran was I glad when hubby came home and could pass him over!! Now sound asleep in bed and I have a vodka and coke in hand so all is now well :laughing:

Avril

fionamal
21-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Goodluck for the weekend!

allinatiz
21-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Good luck!