PDA

View Full Version : Really miffed!!!

youarewhatyoueat
04-08-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm in gloucestershire, less than a mile from the worcestershire border where you can get the capital funding. I've just heard that in gloucs you now can get it but you have to be accredited and its only for disability access or improvements, how unfair is that. I was really hoping for some equipment I wanted for september. So will now have to spend another few weeks wages, I feel like i'm working just to buy good quality equipment for other peoples children. Ok I feel better for the moan, thanks for listening, I know i'm not the only one that can't get the funding, it just makes me cross that some can get so much and others none.

Pipsqueak
04-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Thats what bugs me too - just a few miles up the road they get the direct funding we get what we are given - which ain;t much.

I have put in the argument that for some of us who are genuinely dedicated to this spend our hard hard earned money on all these improvements and resources, upending our family homes - should at least be given some consideration for a portion of these spends. Most of it goes to nurseries and groups around here:angry: :angry:

I am apparently being considered for some pennies (due to my whinging, whineing, begging, cajoling, being in your face - can you see I took a leaf out of the kids books lol) for some outdoor improvements.

Don't give up peoples - keep on (and on and on and on ) at your CDO's.

Cammie Doodle
04-08-2009, 09:40 PM
:blush: :blush: Im in Worcestershire and have been awarded funding :blush: :blush: I have stated I think the whole way of doing it is wrong, we should ALL get some funding not just a few depending on your post code. Sorry to all who don't get funded

Pipsqueak
04-08-2009, 09:54 PM
:blush: :blush: Im in Worcestershire and have been awarded funding :blush: :blush: I have stated I think the whole way of doing it is wrong, we should ALL get some funding not just a few depending on your post code. Sorry to all who don't get funded

Don't you dare apologise or be embarressed about what you have had - its wonderful and you deserve it:thumbsup:

Cammie Doodle
04-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Don't you dare apologise or be embarressed about what you have had - its wonderful and you deserve it:thumbsup:

Ah thank you, Carolyn and I both got it, we live next door to each other so we are planning what to get to benefit us the most. 1st purchase is outdoor wear and boots, so that kiddies can be outside no matter the weather (we have chosen bib and brace trousers/ jackets ) The thing Im most excited about is my new storage shed :panic: how sad am I ? :laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
04-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Ah thank you, Carolyn and I both got it, we live next door to each other so we are planning what to get to benefit us the most. 1st purchase is outdoor wear and boots, so that kiddies can be outside no matter the weather (we have chosen bib and brace trousers/ jackets ) The thing Im most excited about is my new storage shed :panic: how sad am I ? :laughing: :laughing:

Don't forget pix please.
Not sad at all, I would be very excited too

youarewhatyoueat
04-08-2009, 10:27 PM
June, I am pleased for you honestly but what criteria do you have to meet, are you accredited or on the network, have you got an nvq3. I'm just wondering before I write another letter. I don't object to accredited cm's getting money but don't really understand the reason why in gloucestershire they are apparently more worthy and the only childminders capable of looking after disabled children.I just want to get my facts correct.
I had to pay £400 for my storage shed and i'm also about to buy bib and braces wet weather gear but thats out of my money.

ZoeAlli
04-08-2009, 11:05 PM
I don't even know if we can get funding in our area, or how to go about getting it.
I think it's great for all of you who have got it, it must be a great help! hope the rest of us get it too!! :blush:

Chimps Childminding
05-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Hi Caroline, June and I both have NVQ 3, but I don't think that is anything to do with the crteria. As for accreditaion and network, June has just become accredited, but I haven't, so no, don't think that makes any difference!

We think it is a really stupid system. We had to put in a claim for a minimum of £2,500 for equipment/resources to:

a) Improve the quality of the learning environment in early years settings to support delivery of the EYFS, with particular emphasis on improving play and physical activities, indoors and outdoors, and ICT resources.
b) Ensure all children, including children with disabilities, are able to access provision
c) enable private voluntary independent (PVI) providers to deliver the extension to the free offer for 3 and 4 year olds and to do so flexibly (whateverthat may mean :rolleyes: )

I have gone for outdoor equipment, ie climing frame, sand pit, ride-ons while June has gone for more ICT things so that between us we have covered more areas!

We really feel it would have been much better for every childminder to have been given say £500 instead of some getting it and some not! :blush: We were given £100 a couple of years ago and with sensible spending it was amazing what we could get!:thumbsup:

Hope this helps!