PDA

View Full Version : Is it REALLY only the second week of the holidays???

amirose
04-08-2009, 05:12 PM
I am EXHAUSTED!!!

Me and a childminder friend between us took EIGHT children bowling today :panic: Ages 2, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6 and 8 :panic: :panic:

I actualy had no idea it was going to be so stressful!!! Its loud so straight away you spend the whole time shouting over the noise which is immediately stressful but on top of the that we were moving the ramps on/off/on/off for the different age groups/ability, reminding every child when it was actualy there turn, dealing with moaning kids asking when is it my turn etc, chasing after the 2 and 4 year old who didn't want to sit still or let anyone else take a turn and the 2 year old made a few attempts at dashing down the lanes!!!, dealing with them arguing over the bowling balls and rescuing bowling balls stuck half way down the lane :panic: :panic: :panic: !!!

The kids had a great day (which all in all is the most important thing) but I was just counting out armbands for tomorow as we are going swimming when it dawned on me I actualy do have to do it all again tomorow :laughing:

Daddy Day Care
04-08-2009, 05:13 PM
psstttttt a bit of good news, its the third week :D

ORKSIE
04-08-2009, 05:15 PM
I hope the weather picks up soon, I fed up with the rain:(

amirose
04-08-2009, 05:17 PM

lol - your right (phew) you can tell I am exhausted - I don't even know what week were in :laughing:

amirose
04-08-2009, 05:19 PM
I hope the weather picks up soon, I fed up with the rain:(

I know its been miserable - the bowling actualy worked out a really good deal it was Hollywood Bowl and its cost us £3.75 per child for 1 game of bowling, choice of burger/nuggets/fishfingers and chips and a drink AND you can add a second game for 50p :thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
04-08-2009, 05:20 PM

brilliant:clapping: was going to say the same;)

Daddy Day Care
04-08-2009, 05:21 PM
lol - your right (phew) you can tell I am exhausted - I don't even know what week were in :laughing:

:laughing:

Sounds like a good day tho, I struggle just taking my daughter bowling, she hates the fact that me and the wife bowl as well she expects every turn to be hers.

To have that x8 :panic: :panic: think your very brave, well done :clapping: :clapping:

Cazz
04-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Blimey - you deserve a sit down and drink (or in my case it would be chocolate) this evening!

That Hollywood Bowl deal is really good - our nearest one has been closed for over a year due to structural problems and the others don't do such good prices as that so bowling is definetly an occasional treat!

Carole x

Hebs
04-08-2009, 05:29 PM
yep 3rd week here too

just 4 more to go :rolleyes:

mum26
04-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Gosh that does sound like hard work - I am on holiday at moment (2nd week of 2 weeks) and have been thinking of outings I can do with children when they return - we have Go Bowling near us but it is very expensive, need something cheap!

I admire you taking all of those swimming tomorrow, hope you have fun.

LOOPYLISA
04-08-2009, 05:57 PM
:eek: :panic:

mushpea
04-08-2009, 06:27 PM
i have 6 kids 2 days a week, 3 1 day a week 7 sometimes on another day then 4 on another, mad week, exhausting but loads of fun and i cant belive how quick the hols have gone already, am on holiday for a week as of saturday and i know after 2 days i will be so bored cause it will be too quiet:eek:
mind you it is nice on the one day when i only have 3 cause it seems so peacful compared to the other days:laughing:

Gizmo
04-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Only 1 1/2 weeks up here till schools go back, they finished up at the end of June so start back mid August :laughing:

sue
04-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Only 1 1/2 weeks up here till schools go back, they finished up at the end of June so start back mid August :laughing:

wow here everyone is just thinking about going on holiday them. Two of mine are off in a week time one for 2 weeks and them back to me a few days before he starts his first term at school

FizzysFriends
04-08-2009, 06:55 PM
We are in the 4th week here and I have more grey hair im sure!

Demonjill
04-08-2009, 07:31 PM
My kids go back to school a week tomorrow!!!:thumbsup:

fionamal
04-08-2009, 07:39 PM
My kids are the same, woohooo. 1 week tomorrow and its back to the school runs