PDA

View Full Version : Moderated posts?

Lo0py
04-08-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm confused - I managed to post my first post immediately but now all my posts seem to require a moderator to approve them - is this normal?

No doubt this post probably needs moderating as well so won't appear.....

deeb66
04-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Hello

I have just moderated the post for you and will go and do the others after answering this :thumbsup:

Once you have made more than 4 posts then you will no longer need moderation. This has been set to protect the members of the forum from seeing ghastly sights as we keep being pestered by spammers.

Once the system recognises that we have moderated your first 4-5 posts it will let you post freely as it will know that we are happy that you are not a spammer.

Hope that it explains everything.

Dee

P.S. Only posts in the 'Childminding Chat' areas of the forum add to your post count.

Lo0py
04-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Ahh I see - I was just confused because I managed to post the first one without any problem.

Pauline
04-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Ahh I see - I was just confused because I managed to post the first one without any problem.

I think I was on line at the time and did it immediately, other times it has to wait until one of us comes on line :)

daazee
12-08-2009, 09:41 PM
I am sure this is my 4th post any one know how long before my post count will be updated. I am sure everyone is busy but I am new and really would like to view a few things I have seen links to.

Pauline
13-08-2009, 06:19 AM
I am sure this is my 4th post any one know how long before my post count will be updated. I am sure everyone is busy but I am new and really would like to view a few things I have seen links to.

Hi

I did reply to your PM yesterday explaining how it works. :)

Not all areas count towards your post count. You are still at zero.

Sally G
13-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Im new too and cant even work out how to post my own post! - only reply! - help

Pipsqueak
13-08-2009, 02:42 PM

Hello Sally

if you want to start a new topic such as a hello post in the hello section - go to that section and at the top of the page (well about 1/4 way down is a
'new thread' button - click on that and there you go....:thumbsup:

Pauline
13-08-2009, 04:30 PM

Every new member gets a message urging them to read the Member Information section, it really is worth doing that because in there is lots of help and answers to lots of questions. There is pictorial help with the use of screen shots which will guide you through posting, adding attachments and photos and other useful stuff.

Well worth a read :thumbsup: