PDA

View Full Version : Just upset myself!

Pipsqueak
04-08-2009, 02:39 PM
I have been working on a DVD/Powerpoint of pix and movie for when E leaves next week. I have just added the music and words and played it back and I have just bawled my head of like a baby.
I am going to miss him so much:(

LisaMcNally09
04-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Awwwwwww bless you!!!

I can see myself getting like that!! Hear me I havent even started with my first yet!!! lol

Hope your feeling ok!!!!!

xx Lisa

LittleAcorns
04-08-2009, 02:43 PM
big big hug! I know exactly where you're coming from hun, Ive got a little girl leaving me in a couple of weeks Ive looked after her for 50 - 55 hrs a week for the past 2 years (shes 4) shes like an extention of my family and we've grown very close. :(

geordiebunny
04-08-2009, 02:43 PM
That is so sweet and I would have the same reaction. Have a bit of chocolate help you feel a bit better, it works for me.

Polly2
04-08-2009, 02:44 PM
What a lovely idea and how clever are you!

Sorry you got upset though - nice strong cuppa :thumbsup:

Andrea08
04-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Ohh bless you Pip ,, i know that feeling ,, add him to your face book:D
with the children that have left town we are now pen-palls and Lo sends me paintings and pictures mum also sends me e-mails and photoes of what the girls are getting up to

try and keep in touch you never know if a baby brother or sister comes along in the next yr or so,,

love n kisses

Pipsqueak
04-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Tip for everyone - don't add music too it!!! lol Honestly, thank goodness no one else is here otherwise they would have thought I was seriously hurt!

I am ok, still sniffling a bit - been munching on choccie biccies so that helps:rolleyes: .
Going to have to rejig some of it methinks so I will have to toture myself again!

Pipsqueak
04-08-2009, 02:48 PM
What a lovely idea and how clever are you!

Sorry you got upset though - nice strong cuppa :thumbsup:

Its dead easy to do really. If you have powerpoint on your pc it guides you through it and once you have had a play its childs play.
Think I might do my 'brochure and welcome pack on it!!!!

ZoeAlli
04-08-2009, 02:55 PM
ahh Bless you! :(
What a great idea! wish I could do that. I know how you're feeling. It doesn't seem to matter how long they are with you, when they move on it brings a tear to your eye (it does me anyway!!).
Make sure you've got the toilet roll ( sorry but it's softer than kitchen roll!!) handy before you start the rejig! and a good dose of choc with a glass of wine for afters!! :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
04-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Oh dear. When I did the software for my littles I watched it over and over and then had to delete it as it upset me too much

Hope you feel better now

Tatjana
04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Aww, that's really sweet. :)

xx

flora
04-08-2009, 03:12 PM
oh bless you pip, hope the choccie biccies work their magic :thumbsup:

LittleAcorns
04-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Pip just looked to see if I could down load powerpoint and found some free download for 60 days then you pay....any tips? did you buy yours or get downloaded?

Pipsqueak
04-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Pip just looked to see if I could down load powerpoint and found some free download for 60 days then you pay....any tips? did you buy yours or get downloaded?

ummmm errrr didn't do either....:blush: ummm I had a friend who had a disc.....:blush:

LittleMissSparkles
04-08-2009, 04:06 PM
big hugs babe xxx

ajs
04-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Its dead easy to do really. If you have powerpoint on your pc it guides you through it and once you have had a play its childs play.
Think I might do my 'brochure and welcome pack on it!!!!

you are so organised, i am putting off doing E's as i know it will upset me so much. although the tip for not adding music is a good one.

mum26
04-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Aaaah it's so sad when they leave and looking back over photos gives so many memories. I must admit I was very upset when my first mindee left as had looked after him since he was 10 weeks old - although he did leave just after he was a year old as mums' circumstances had changed. I am sure I will feel very sad when my present mindees leave as they have all been with me for quite a while, but will be going to schools out of area eventually. Hopefully it wont be for a while.

ORKSIE
04-08-2009, 06:26 PM
I made a photo album of a mindee from the day he started to the day he left, (Pre EYFS)
Bawled me eyes out making it:crying:

Polly2
04-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Will you be able to put it on a disc for parents then or is it to play at you house on last day?

Would be a lovely gift
Are you feeling better now?

Pipsqueak
04-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Will you be able to put it on a disc for parents then or is it to play at you house on last day?

Would be a lovely gift
Are you feeling better now?

I am putting it onto disc for mum to take home:)

jaja
04-08-2009, 07:14 PM
I Know how you feel, i look after two girls for 5 years every day and they grew up with ds from 9 months and all way through me having me dd, and when they left i cried for weeks, we keep in touch through facebook and when they are older enough they will be babysitting mine ( i hope) lol lol.....

I am really bad at getting attachted and then when they leave i crumble until i get another one....

go have a glass of wine and chocolates

xxxxxx

Polly2
04-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Thats great Pip I may pinch that idea if you don't mind :D thats if I can work out powerpoint, I may need to borrow my kids!

Pipsqueak
04-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Thats great Pip I may pinch that idea if you don't mind :D thats if I can work out powerpoint, I may need to borrow my kids!

borrow away:) honestly PP is so easy to do - I am self taught.
The best way is to have a play about