PDA

View Full Version : Parents- Their tricks

Minstrel
04-08-2009, 02:30 PM
I have just been having a mooch around on mumsnet (sorry:blush: ) and came across one parent who asked which two days she should pick to send her daughter to the CM.

The answer?

Tuesday and Thursday because you get out of paying for the Bank Hols and if you want a long weekend away then you don't have pay for days you're not using.:laughing: :laughing:

Clever :panic:

What sneaky things have you heard of parents doing?

rickysmiths
04-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Oh isn't that crafty. I have a parent who thought they were ok having Thursday and Friday, no Mondays so no Bank Holidays. They got a shock the first Easter :laughing: :laughing: and then last Christmas and New Year. Ha Ha we can be crafty too. lol :clapping:

LisaMcNally09
04-08-2009, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE=Minstrel;490913]I have just been having a mooch around on mumsnet (sorry:blush: )

I was looking on their and it all seems anti-childminders!!! I didn't like it much!!! :thumbsup:

Lisa

Tatjana
04-08-2009, 03:16 PM
What's with people disliking childminders????????????!:eek:

xx

Blackhorse
04-08-2009, 03:52 PM
What's with people disliking childminders????????????!:eek:

xx

I would like to know this too!!
it is the main reason I am not going on other forums ...
and of course the fact that this one is soo fab!

Lo0py
04-08-2009, 03:59 PM
To be fair - they could say the same about the negative feelings towards parents on here.

You can't blame a mum for trying to save costs and look to get the most out of her childcare arrangements.

Jellytotzjulia
04-08-2009, 04:01 PM
oh one of my mums is full of tricks she's always trying to pull off!!! but lucky enough i'm to clever for them:jump for joy: . her favourite one, which she does often, even tryed it last week.is when step nan comes to collect boys at end of day,she'll say "has mum told you that i'm taking them out 2morrow so you havn't got them. No mum hasn't said. Then later on i'll get a text from mum asking if I would like 2morrow off & have boys on Fri instead, my day off!:angry:
I text back saying "no, nan has already told me she's got them":clapping: .
ber in mind Mum doesn't work, so it would just mean she has to have them for the day!!!

Julia:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
04-08-2009, 04:09 PM
To be fair - they could say the same about the negative feelings towards parents on here.

You can't blame a mum for trying to save costs and look to get the most out of her childcare arrangements.

Do you think there are negative feelings towards parents on here?
I don't think we disrespect parents on here and have a general 'stereotype' mentality going on (as other nameless forums do).
I think what we do is post what is going on in our business lives about how the parent(s) are treating us and its not always negative.
Many of us are parents ourselves and we quite often do see it from the other side of the coin BUT we are Childminders - running a business and get really upset when someone is trying to 'have one over on us' when all we are trying to do is earn a living.

The more experience you have of childminding the more you learn and the more try-ons you come across.

Pauline
04-08-2009, 04:13 PM

I don't think all posts on here are negative towards parents, but it is like everything in life, we tend to voice the negative things most!

There have been some really nice threads about the lovely parents we have, and for me personally, in all the 25 years I've been minding only one or two stand out as having been a problem, all the others have been and are thoughtful, kind and caring. :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
04-08-2009, 04:15 PM
I love all my parents and I think the negatives are aimed at the ones that do not pay

Lo0py
04-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Do you think there are negative feelings towards parents on here?
I don't think we disrespect parents on here and have a general 'stereotype' mentality going on (as other nameless forums do).
I think what we do is post what is going on in our business lives about how the parent(s) are treating us and its not always negative.
Many of us are parents ourselves and we quite often do see it from the other side of the coin BUT we are Childminders - running a business and get really upset when someone is trying to 'have one over on us' when all we are trying to do is earn a living.

The more experience you have of childminding the more you learn and the more try-ons you come across.

As I long-term lurker I do think there are very negative and frequent comments about parents on here and this post is a good example of that.

Yes, there are a few positive posts but they do tend to be a bit rare. I guess it is the nature of a forum aimed at childminders that we rarely get to hear about the negative/unreasonable behaviour of childminders.

Surely being part of a good business is to accept that customers will pretty much want to get a good deal - even if that means opting for hours that may seem "crafty" or a "trick" and I wouldn't view that as "trying to have one over on us".

Minstrel
04-08-2009, 04:25 PM

I think you read me wrong.

Just trying to be humorous not accusing of them. Hence the little laughing smilies :laughing: and not the angry smilies :angry: .

wendywu
04-08-2009, 04:29 PM
I have lovely parents. Two sets have been with me for 7 years, another set for 4 years and the 3 sets 1 year.

I have never had any trouble with parents and have a fab relationship with them all. :thumbsup:

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
04-08-2009, 05:06 PM
i have to agree with pauline, people do tend to just speak out about the negatives, its human nature.

I personally have lovely parents but i think we all from time to time feel unappreciated x

Mouse
04-08-2009, 05:32 PM
I have lovely parents, but even they niggle me from time to time. This board is a fantastic way of airing those niggles to people who know what you're talking about. Often the hubby/partner just doesn't get it!

I think it's much better to have a little moan on here & get it out of your system, rather than have an unnecessary blow up with parents because you've got wound up about something.

And often negative posts will get a reply along the lines of "but you have to look at it from the parent's point of view". I think we're a very fair bunch :thumbsup:

Bananabrain
04-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Every job has it's down sides.

What makes me a bit cross{well very cross actually} is that alot of my parents don't see minding as a 'job'

I think that everyone that has a moan on here is really just letting off steam the same as most people do with their 'real' jobs.

Childminding can be very tiring,stressful and the parents can be exasperating.

I think that many people do still think that it is easy money and we drink coffee all day.

I've often thought that 'lay' people might think that we shouldn't have anything to moan about because childminding is a bit of an easy way to make money.:laughing:

Daftbat
04-08-2009, 05:39 PM
My customers are all pretty good to me and not too awkward about their requirements either.

I agree that net mums does seem to be pretty negative towards us but thats because we are nasty, money grabbing, lazy. coffee drinking, lunatics!:rolleyes: :laughing: :laughing:

Hebs
04-08-2009, 05:41 PM
take one set of parents i have....

mum works 12 hour shifts, moans about having to work 12 hour shift

when i say "oh i know what you mean, you working 12 hours means me working 14 hours"

she says, oh but you get to stay at home and relax

:rolleyes: oh really

some people just don't understand the work we do,

so we come on here, vent our frustrations and smile and get on with our day :thumbsup:

OH i'm off soon got kids 14 hours tonight, I PICK THEM UP at 7pm, drop mum off at work (oh yes add that to the list of things i do for her) and have her kids until 9am tomorrow morning :D

madasahatter
04-08-2009, 05:46 PM
I think that the reason that forum posts can often appear negative is because it is within a forum that people can get (mostly) anonymous support about issues and problems they face in whatever aspect of their life the forum represents. Thankfully most forums become a sort of online 'family' or friendship circle and you therefore also get many positive posts.
They do say in life that every negative needs at least two positives to balance it out.......maybe this could be why the negative posts appear to stand out more (if there aren't enough positive ones to balance)....and also because the negative ones often draw us in more emotionally IYSWIM.

Pipsqueak
04-08-2009, 05:52 PM
As I long-term lurker I do think there are very negative and frequent comments about parents on here and this post is a good example of that.

Yes, there are a few positive posts but they do tend to be a bit rare. I guess it is the nature of a forum aimed at childminders that we rarely get to hear about the negative/unreasonable behaviour of childminders.

Surely being part of a good business is to accept that customers will pretty much want to get a good deal - even if that means opting for hours that may seem "crafty" or a "trick" and I wouldn't view that as "trying to have one over on us".

Of course there will be frequent comments regarding parents behaviours and attitudes - its is after all a childminding forum for childminders. There are plenty of other sites where parents go and the bashing that childminders get is atrocious - we are nothing like that thank goodness.
There is also plenty of discussion about awful childminders/practice examples so we are well aware of the shortcoming within our sector, we also have very balanced and reasoned people on here.

You say you are considering becoming a childminder - well you will discover over time that there are things that some parents say/do that really take the proverbial and there you are trying to provide a first class childcare experience and earn a bit of money in the process and you get hammered for it.
Yes its all part of being in business but we are one of the most underrated and undervalued care services and why should we put up with being treated like poop in your own home - especially when there are legal contracts in place.

Like most experienced minders I have come across all sorts of parents and my current ones are lovely but I certainly won't be allowing 'tricky' parents to dictate terms and conditions to me again nor will I allow a situation to arise where they can threaten me and my living.

You will also discover not all posts on here are serious ones - we do see the lighter side of our work and can have a laugh about things - something I think the OP was actually aiming for.

Lo0py
04-08-2009, 06:02 PM
I guess the same could be said for Mumsnet then - a forum for mums aimed at mums so they use it to air their views on childminding issues so they are going to tend to be negative.

I just wanted to point that out as people seemed to be dismissing mumsnet without considering posts on this forum can also appear rather negative.

I'm sorry I didn't pick up on the lighter tone of the OP or Lisa's post but I do think that not enough is said about those parents who do respect CMs or in fact discussion about CMs who provide poor service.

ORKSIE
04-08-2009, 06:21 PM
I think if you look around this forum you will find we dont use negative comments, but we do ask for peoples advise on how to deal with a situation.
Occasionally you may get someone who is not happy with the way they are being treated, and so have to get things straight in their heads before they make a decision regarding a parent or a child. Some of the minders on here are on their own and have no network for support. Therefore come here for the support and friendship they need.
Have you looked at the many post that say "my parents are great", or "my Mindees are fantastic!
May I suggest you have another look!

Lo0py
04-08-2009, 06:34 PM
I think if you look around this forum you will find we dont use negative comments, but we do ask for peoples advise on how to deal with a situation.
Occasionally you may get someone who is not happy with the way they are being treated, and so have to get things straight in their heads before they make a decision regarding a parent or a child. Some of the minders on here are on their own and have no network for support. Therefore come here for the support and friendship they need.
Have you looked at the many post that say "my parents are great", or "my Mindees are fantastic!
May I suggest you have another look!

I imagine lots of people on mumsnet use their forum for the same purpose.

You only need to look at the first few pages of this forum to see posts about parents with the use of terms such as nightmare, tricky etc. Surely you can't disagree that they give the impression of negative attitudes to parents who may visit the forum?

Jellytotzjulia
04-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Hey I think that surely we've all said at a time cos I know I have,"I love my job & my mindees & it would be perfect if it wasn't for some parent!!!":laughing: :laughing: :jump for joy: :laughing:.

Sure we all have our good weeks & bad weeks with parent & thats part of our job,thats why we do working in partnership with parents.
Surely we can let off about them on here now & again with out upsetting others.:littleangel:

Julia:thumbsup:

Blackhorse
04-08-2009, 07:04 PM
very interesting discussion

I have to agree with most said above but also see where LoOpy is coming from.
there have been a few occasions..granted not many...where I felt that some cm's where rather harsh on how parents dealt with their kids....examples would be,...oh the child cant even fall asleep on its own..or wants cuddled...or is getting carried too much etc etc...and I always just thought it is perfectly normal for parents to do that even though I understand it is not helpful if the child needs to attend a childcare service where it cannot have 1 on 1 attention...so someone else might feel similar about other things they read..
on the other side I have also complained about parents because they arrange to come and dont turn up..dont phone back...just being disrespectful.
but the good thing about this forum is that most of the views are expressed in a mostly respectful way without some of the name calling and bad mouthing that I have seen on other forums.
and I think it is easy to get one sided sometimes if you are only taking to people on the one end of the spectrum...maybe sometimes more input from parents using cms would be useful too...although I think overall this forum is very well balanced and there is usually sound advice on how to deal with things and how to best take parents into consideration..thinking about their side..
and to be fair...bad childminders..and practices etc..will be very critically discussed and nobody is trying to make all cms out to be perfect...

helenlc
04-08-2009, 07:50 PM
I think there are some very complimentary posts abouts parents on this forum. And I think we do praise the parents.

But I consider the forum to be somewhere where I can come and rant (DH comes over with a blank expression on his face when I start talking about anything CM related!) about anything to do with the parents/child/another childminder/school/the bus driver etc etc.

I also think of it as a place where I can come and ask for advice if I have a problem. Again, that problem could be with the parent/child/paperwork/how to clean my Twin Techno I won on Ebay (that was my post the other day!)

We dont have a staff room where we can all go together in our break times and ask advice/moan about the morning/the other staff etc away from the "customers". This is standard behaviour in ANY work place and I have experienced it in a day nursery and in a supermarket where I worked. So this forum is our "staff room" and its where we do what every other work force does - moan about our jobs and all that go with it!!!:laughing:

childmind04
04-08-2009, 08:28 PM
I think you have to look at it from all ways, parents are our customers and i know from working in other jobs and having other types of customers you always have a moan :) , just as parents moan at us if we have let their ds messy their new trainers even though we ask for old clothes, its just life ;)

I have seen many quite nasty posts about us as cm's but any thread started seems to expand to include alll cm's :eek: then you get the odd cm try to fight their corner or the odd parent who will support cm's but it never seems to help change a persons view unlike on here where most of us will take advice :)

I also would be lost without the forum to help me get though the bad days, and unfortunalty these are usually caused by parents :blush:

Pipsqueak
04-08-2009, 08:46 PM
So this forum is our "staff room" and its where we do what every other work force does - moan about our jobs and all that go with it!!!:laughing:

love it :clapping: :clapping:
:thumbsup:

LisaMcNally09
05-08-2009, 07:43 AM
I guess the same could be said for Mumsnet then - a forum for mums aimed at mums so they use it to air their views on childminding issues so they are going to tend to be negative.

I just wanted to point that out as people seemed to be dismissing mumsnet without considering posts on this forum can also appear rather negative.

I'm sorry I didn't pick up on the lighter tone of the OP or Lisa's post but I do think that not enough is said about those parents who do respect CMs or in fact discussion about CMs who provide poor service.

The difference on this forum is the way we express ourselves on here....on other forums every other word is a swear word and i think that makes things sound alot worse!!!

When people on here are upset with a parent and need advice I haven't once seen a swear word....yes I have seen the :censored: symbol but that also show the lighter tone of this forum!!

I think everyone knows that whatever business you are in you are gonna have a moan from time to time....Im sure the cashier in morrisons the other day had a moan about me when I dropped a jar of jam and she had to clean it up!!:blush:

And of course thats the same vice versa...the difference however is alot of us are parents and can see things from their side. The parents being anti-childminder on alot of other forums havent a clue what they are talking about when it comes to childminding or how much exactly this job entails...I am one of those parents before I started the registration process!!!

There rant over and sorry if i rambled!!;)

Lisa

ORKSIE
05-08-2009, 08:02 AM
I imagine lots of people on mumsnet use their forum for the same purpose.

You only need to look at the first few pages of this forum to see posts about parents with the use of terms such as nightmare, tricky etc. Surely you can't disagree that they give the impression of negative attitudes to parents who may visit the forum?

But I think the majority of the posts are positive, but sometimes people need to vent off, and here is a safe environment where we can do this. Any parent who looks at negative posts must also be able to relate to them.
We all need to get things off our chests, and as i have said, some CM on here do not have the pleasure of a Network for support, that was my argument. :)

FizzysFriends
05-08-2009, 08:09 AM
I think there are some very complimentary posts abouts parents on this forum. And I think we do praise the parents.

But I consider the forum to be somewhere where I can come and rant (DH comes over with a blank expression on his face when I start talking about anything CM related!) about anything to do with the parents/child/another childminder/school/the bus driver etc etc.

I also think of it as a place where I can come and ask for advice if I have a problem. Again, that problem could be with the parent/child/paperwork/how to clean my Twin Techno I won on Ebay (that was my post the other day!)

We dont have a staff room where we can all go together in our break times and ask advice/moan about the morning/the other staff etc away from the "customers". This is standard behaviour in ANY work place and I have experienced it in a day nursery and in a supermarket where I worked. So this forum is our "staff room" and its where we do what every other work force does - moan about our jobs and all that go with it!!!:laughing:

Totally agree about the "staff room" most jobs have somewhere for staff to get together and air their feelings about customers/collegues etc and we don't and its sometimes a very lonley profession.

p.s Did you manage to get rid of the smell off the pushchair?

Lo0py
05-08-2009, 08:42 AM
And of course thats the same vice versa...the difference however is alot of us are parents and can see things from their side. The parents being anti-childminder on alot of other forums havent a clue what they are talking about when it comes to childminding or how much exactly this job entails...I am one of those parents before I started the registration process!!!

There rant over and sorry if i rambled!!;)

Lisa

I agree but there are also many CMs who don't know what their job entails - but then I guess they aren't the type to go on a forum about childminding and be honest about their behaviour.

I also think that a fair few parents do know about the regulations etc and sometimes some CMs forget that. I learnt the hard way when I had to take a CM to court because they broke their contract!

I just wanted to point out that we must remember how we talk about our profession and that a lot of parents do have respect for us, with many not trying to be sneaky or tricky but just trying to make the most of their money in the current economic climate.

Minstrel
05-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Wish I'd never started this- was only supposed to be a funny little anecdote about soemthing i'd read.

Must think twice next time!

jessie1
05-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Loopy you need to understand that Mumsnet are a site for mums and that consists of all types of Mums, SAHM, WAHM, Working mums, and then mums with all their different professions, childminding being one of them. Similar to some of them being teachers, lawayers, etc. So you do get different opinions on different matters as its a mums (or parents site)
This forum is however a childminding forum where we as childminders can come and ask for advice, complain, and also mention if some parents are wonderful. similar if you were doing any other job and joined a forum for teachers or lawayers, etc. And as in every profession or even in life people tend to always mention the negatives more than the positives. C est La Vie

helenlc
05-08-2009, 09:49 AM
p.s Did you manage to get rid of the smell off the pushchair?

Yes I did thank you!!! Lol

Pipsqueak
05-08-2009, 10:32 AM
I agree but there are also many CMs who don't know what their job entails - but then I guess they aren't the type to go on a forum about childminding and be honest about their behaviour.

I also think that a fair few parents do know about the regulations etc and sometimes some CMs forget that. I learnt the hard way when I had to take a CM to court because they broke their contract!

I just wanted to point out that we must remember how we talk about our profession and that a lot of parents do have respect for us, with many not trying to be sneaky or tricky but just trying to make the most of their money in the current economic climate.

Not trying to start an argument and I am sorry to Minstrel who's lighthearted thread has been hi-jacked - us professional childminders generally work on our own and may not have a good physical support network around us so its good to be able to have a cyber on where we can come an post our feelings. Have you noticed on these other sites that when there is an anti-childminder rant, the rare childminder that does try to stand their ground gets torn to pieces? Been there, done that.

The majority, if not all of us on here totally understand the need to be professional towards parents but this forum enables us to let of steam safely . Even if we are feeling rather emotional, unprofessional and irrational there are many people who will bring you back down to earth and give you a different spin on things - which enable you to have a clearer outlook. But the way I am reading your posts - you are saying we should be more understanding and professional at all times. We have to break free at times you know - we aren't childminders all of the time we are human beings with feelings and when someone tries to pull a fast one, cheat you out of money, thinks they can dictate to you then it sometimes gets a bit much. You will understand this more as you gain more childminding experience.

I think the rare parent knows about the rules and regs - but these people are few and far between. More often than not you have parents who don't even read the contracts and paperwork and then are left wondering why they have to give notice or money in lieu, can't chop and change their hours to suit them, have to pay for time off and then you have the parents who don't even consider the horrendous damage they are inflicting when they throw a strop because the childminder won't do what they want them do and then that parent goes and makes a malicious complaint, then you have some parents who don't see why they should pay you on time or the correct amounts, they quibble over prices (but think nothing of paying xx pounds for a belt/jeans/shoes), parents who don't consider the impact of sending an ill child to you or asking you to do things they wouldn't be prepared to do, parents who don't give a stuff about not paying you. We are more often than not in a very lonely and vulnerable position.

OK - bad scenarios over - you do get some wonderful parents - currently I have some (but I still have a gripe or two about one of them and I have had my share of awful parents) - the parents who DO pay you on time, give you credit and respect for the hard hard job you do, appreciate the time your own family give and have to put up with etc.

I do think you may be a little premature and unfair in your judgements upon this site/posts and tbh its upset me a little that you think we should be 'professional' all the time. I am very professional towards parents, children, colleagues, when I am out and about but I do wish that I carried a sign saying 'today I am not a childminder' or when I am on a girls night out 'I may be drunk and disorderly right now but I will still be ok to care for kids come Monday morning'. I think when you go for pre-reg then they should tell you quite bluntly that you are expected to give up your personal life totally towards childminding:(

Rant over

Lo0py
05-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Wish I'd never started this- was only supposed to be a funny little anecdote about soemthing i'd read.

Must think twice next time!

To be honest I didn't have a problem with your post - I just wanted to post that I didn't think it was a trick to try to get the best value for money. I took issue with posts that mentioned sweeping generalisations about mumsnet and parents.

I'm must admit that I'm a bit disappointed that this forum seems a lot less welcoming to others who offer a different opinion from the majority and are just starting out in CMing (even if I do have several years experience as a nanny).

Maybe this isn't the place for me.

ajs
05-08-2009, 11:43 AM
thanks for that pip
i was about to post something about a parent
who i may add is one of the good ones

when i excluded her daughter for 3 days because dad had swine flu she asked me to make up the time i'd had off by having her daughter an extra day a week.
i did it and didn't charge extra as this child finishes with me next week and i didn't want her to leave on an atmosphere but i was not happy that she did ask

Lo0py
05-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Not trying to start an argument and I am sorry to Minstrel who's lighthearted thread has been hi-jacked - us professional childminders generally work on our own and may not have a good physical support network around us so its good to be able to have a cyber on where we can come an post our feelings. Have you noticed on these other sites that when there is an anti-childminder rant, the rare childminder that does try to stand their ground gets torn to pieces? Been there, done that.

The majority, if not all of us on here totally understand the need to be professional towards parents but this forum enables us to let of steam safely . Even if we are feeling rather emotional, unprofessional and irrational there are many people who will bring you back down to earth and give you a different spin on things - which enable you to have a clearer outlook. But the way I am reading your posts - you are saying we should be more understanding and professional at all times. We have to break free at times you know - we aren't childminders all of the time we are human beings with feelings and when someone tries to pull a fast one, cheat you out of money, thinks they can dictate to you then it sometimes gets a bit much. You will understand this more as you gain more childminding experience.

I think the rare parent knows about the rules and regs - but these people are few and far between. More often than not you have parents who don't even read the contracts and paperwork and then are left wondering why they have to give notice or money in lieu, can't chop and change their hours to suit them, have to pay for time off and then you have the parents who don't even consider the horrendous damage they are inflicting when they throw a strop because the childminder won't do what they want them do and then that parent goes and makes a malicious complaint, then you have some parents who don't see why they should pay you on time or the correct amounts, they quibble over prices (but think nothing of paying xx pounds for a belt/jeans/shoes), parents who don't consider the impact of sending an ill child to you or asking you to do things they wouldn't be prepared to do, parents who don't give a stuff about not paying you. We are more often than not in a very lonely and vulnerable position.

OK - bad scenarios over - you do get some wonderful parents - currently I have some (but I still have a gripe or two about one of them and I have had my share of awful parents) - the parents who DO pay you on time, give you credit and respect for the hard hard job you do, appreciate the time your own family give and have to put up with etc.

I do think you may be a little premature and unfair in your judgements upon this site/posts and tbh its upset me a little that you think we should be 'professional' all the time. I am very professional towards parents, children, colleagues, when I am out and about but I do wish that I carried a sign saying 'today I am not a childminder' or when I am on a girls night out 'I may be drunk and disorderly right now but I will still be ok to care for kids come Monday morning'. I think when you go for pre-reg then they should tell you quite bluntly that you are expected to give up your personal life totally towards childminding:(

Rant over

Erm, you seem to be misunderstanding my posts - I'm saying that CMs need to remember that they are providing a service and that like all businesses should try to offer the best professional service they can and maybe not view ever potential customer as someone trying to get out of paying .

I'm certainly not saying you need to be professional all the time but simply that sweeping generalisations about parents are wrong - in the same way sweeping generalisations about childminders is. For every good parent there is a bad childminder and for every good childminder there is a bad parent - I just think it is just nice to remember that sometimes (both on mumsnet and on here).

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
05-08-2009, 11:58 AM

Rant over

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

nannymcflea
05-08-2009, 12:12 PM
As others have said we all need to get things off our chest, I find this site a fantastic place to vent my feelings regarding EVERYTHING that childminding covers, parents are a very small part of that but we have to face the facts that sometimes parents do things we wouldn't consider doing if we were using a childminder,having been one ourselves.

As others have also said, some childminders may not have the luck to live close or be friends with another cm, what are those people supposed to do?

Surely coming on a site that allows childminders to vent their feelings is more proffesional than venting everything to the parents, or are we supposed to keep everything in and not say anything?

You will always find someone on this site who will put you straight should you stray off the line, there is no name calling but honest advice a childminder can rely on even if they disagree with you.
It is not just a bunch of childminders sticking together, we all have our opinion and are glad to listen to those with different opinions, that after all is life.

Lo0py, I do know where you are coming from, i understand what you are saying but i will just say when you are registered you may have different views to the ones you have formed now, life changes and our views and opinions change all the time.Good luck in your registration process, keep posting your views they are most welcome.

MissTinkerbell
05-08-2009, 02:07 PM
IWe dont have a staff room where we can all go together in our break times and ask advice/moan about the morning/the other staff etc away from the "customers". This is standard behaviour in ANY work place and I have experienced it in a day nursery and in a supermarket where I worked. So this forum is our "staff room" and its where we do what every other work force does - moan about our jobs and all that go with it!!!:laughing:

This is so true. I was a teacher for 12 years and you could guarentee that whenever you walked in the staffroom there was a discussion going on about the children/the parents/the head/the governors and not always complimentary. It was our place to vent our frustrations or offer/ask for a piece of advice; discuss what had gone wrong/right; moan over a parent/child and generally have a gossip and a natter.

This forum is our 'staffroom' and I think on the whole we are very positive about the parents we deal with. I've just said goodbye to my parents and they were lovely (had loads of flowers and cards) and I hope that my next sets of parents are equally as lovely. However I did maon about them at times and I'm sure that they had their gripes about me.

The difference on here I think is that we are professional about how we discuss things and most comments are asking for advice on how to deal with certain situations - these are often negative situations and we need advice on how to turn them into positive ones - we are not bitchy or vicious about anyone be it parents or fellow CMs.

LisaMcNally09
05-08-2009, 03:36 PM
To be honest I didn't have a problem with your post - I just wanted to post that I didn't think it was a trick to try to get the best value for money. I took issue with posts that mentioned sweeping generalisations about mumsnet and parents.

I'm must admit that I'm a bit disappointed that this forum seems a lot less welcoming to others who offer a different opinion from the majority and are just starting out in CMing (even if I do have several years experience as a nanny).

Lo0py i think you have got the wrong end of the stick completely!! Everyone has difference in opinions but i dont think anyone has said you are wrong for having those opinions.

My personal opinion is I dont like other forums as much as this one as they dont feel as welcoming. As a parent or childminder....someone posted a thread on here the other day about a discussion happening on another forum and the people were positively jumping on this childminder for asking advice!! And i mean using horrendous language the lot!!!

I dont think anyone is of the opinion that parents shouldnt try to get good value for money...as a parent I certainly do!!! But on the flip side of the coin we shouldnt sell ourselves short either!!!

I personally am right at the end of my registration so arent as knowledgeable as most people on here but i have been made to feel welcome and Im sure if you stick around a while longer thats how you will feel too!!!

Lisa

wendywu
05-08-2009, 04:11 PM
If anyone thinks we can be harsh regarding parents they should see it when we let rip with each other. Now thats scary :eek:

Spangles
05-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Someone I used to work in an office with went part-time after having her son and she only wanted to do 3 days a week so she chose Monday, Tuesday and Friday so that she was assured of getting all of the normal bank hols! I thought she was very clever as I wouldn't have thought of that!

I think that most of us have lovely parents that we do business with every day but there are the odd ones who cause problems or are 'trying their luck', these are the ones that we will post about as we need to get things off our chest or ask for advice.

Although it would be lovely for everyone to come on here with joyful tales of wonderful parents it would be a bit weird wouldn't it, plus as it's the norm for parents to be decent people it's not something you need help with or advice with.

The same goes for Netmums and places I guess. They aren't going to put on threads about their wonderful childminder, only ones when they have a problem.

I don't come on here and do a thread about how lovely my postman or lady on the till at Tesco was today either but I would perhaps come on here to moan about them if they caused me hassle ha!

What a waffly load of old twaddle I have just typed - can't be bothered to delete it though!

FussyElmo
05-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Someone I used to work in an office with went part-time after having her son and she only wanted to do 3 days a week so she chose Monday, Tuesday and Friday so that she was assured of getting all of the normal bank hols! I thought she was very clever as I wouldn't have thought of that!

I think that most of us have lovely parents that we do business with every day but there are the odd ones who cause problems or are 'trying their luck', these are the ones that we will post about as we need to get things off our chest or ask for advice.

Although it would be lovely for everyone to come on here with joyful tales of wonderful parents it would be a bit weird wouldn't it, plus as it's the norm for parents to be decent people it's not something you need help with or advice with.

The same goes for Netmums and places I guess. They aren't going to put on threads about their wonderful childminder, only ones when they have a problem.

I don't come on here and do a thread about how lovely my postman or lady on the till at Tesco was today either but I would perhaps come on here to moan about them if they caused me hassle ha!

What a waffly load of old twaddle I have just typed - can't be bothered to delete it though!

No think you have got it right. They would be no point of this forum if you we were all happy and didnt need advice. Unfortunetly we are left to get on with it a good percent of the time.

They have been other threads of people on here trying to get help and support for other childminders

Who would a paper full of good news!!!

Tinglesnark
05-08-2009, 05:57 PM
:eek:

i am flabberghasted at your cheek loopy.....

how rude of you....how very judgemental!

i shall keep my eyes peeled for your first rant over a problem concerning a parent....

should be interesting to say the least.....

;)

The Juggler
05-08-2009, 06:05 PM

i shall keep my eyes peeled for your first rant over a problem concerning a parent....

;)

To be fair, I agree with Loopy that, as a parent, I would obviously choose not to work bank hols if it was going to save me money on childcare costs. It's a lot of days per year to save! This is a sensible decision to make on family finances. I would do the same myself, for financial reasons rather than to get one over on my childminder.

However, Loopy we are here to support you not parent bash. Yes, we need to let off steam if a parent has said something which has upset us, who else can we turn to. As someone else says, get it out of your system and get advice that means you can continue to have a good working relationship with that parent without letting things "brew".

But also we're here to get and give advice too. If you look at lots of other forums they use horrible language to each other and are not very supportive. I wish I'd found this forum when I started out. I hope you join us.

LOL

Lo0py
05-08-2009, 07:24 PM

;)

mmm, how I was I judgemental? Certainly no more judgemental that the other posts on this topic?

As for my first rant about a parent - it will be just that a rant about one parent not a sweeping criticism of all parents but I'm glad you are looking forward to it - nice to know you are keen for a fellow childminder to have problems.

Pauline
05-08-2009, 07:39 PM

;)

I don't think there was really any need to have such a go, everyone is entitled to an opinion and I think Loopy has done it in a reasonable way.

Let's try to keep on topic and no get into a 'fight', that will just result in the thread having to be removed which would be a shame as it is an interesting discussion.

:)

Lady Haha
05-08-2009, 08:08 PM

Just read this whole thread and I really do feel you may have a recieved a warmer welcome if you had been a bit friendlier to start with!

I have been a member here for around three or four months and from the outset, I have always felt welcome, respected and now, part of the 'staff room'!

I don't have contact with any other childminders because I care for school age children and therefore I don't go to any childminding groups as these are (in my area at least) all toddler groups. This is the only place I can come to ask advice/vent/share good stuff etc.

I think you have picked up on a small section of the forum where, yes, we do have a moan about parents for one reason or another. But we also post about how wonderful our mindees and parent are! And as some one considering becoming a childminder, this is the best place to find all the paperwork stuff covered! I have learnt soooo much since I joined. My childminding service is 100% better because of this forum and the sheer wealth of information and advice here. And as a direct result of that, my parents are happier too!

Please take the time to visit each of the sections and sub sections and you will see just how wonderful this forum really is.

Wow, this wasn't meant to be a long post, but I couldn't help but feel upset that my new found friends and colleagues were having to defend themselves when I know just how much time they put into helping people here.

Tatjana
05-08-2009, 10:08 PM

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

wendywu
05-08-2009, 10:09 PM
I think on this forum we are willing to post about bad childminders. There have been some right horror stories on here. And some members have been very brave and reported them to safeguard the children.

We moan about Ofsted
I moan about DH
We even moan about MIL
Breezy moans about Monkey

So i dont think we are always negative towards parents. Why just a few days ago Twinkles was saying how her lovely parent gave her a pair of lovely sandals.
And i posted not long ago how one of my Dads took me out to dinner. Yum:D

Cazz
05-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Just read this whole thread and I really do feel you may have a recieved a warmer welcome if you had been a bit friendlier to start with!

I have been a member here for around three or four months and from the outset, I have always felt welcome, respected and now, part of the 'staff room'!

I don't have contact with any other childminders because I care for school age children and therefore I don't go to any childminding groups as these are (in my area at least) all toddler groups. This is the only place I can come to ask advice/vent/share good stuff etc.

I think you have picked up on a small section of the forum where, yes, we do have a moan about parents for one reason or another. But we also post about how wonderful our mindees and parent are! And as some one considering becoming a childminder, this is the best place to find all the paperwork stuff covered! I have learnt soooo much since I joined. My childminding service is 100% better because of this forum and the sheer wealth of information and advice here. And as a direct result of that, my parents are happier too!

Please take the time to visit each of the sections and sub sections and you will see just how wonderful this forum really is.

Wow, this wasn't meant to be a long post, but I couldn't help but feel upset that my new found friends and colleagues were having to defend themselves when I know just how much time they put into helping people here.

I don't want to get drawn into anything but I just wanted to say well said and I totally agree. :thumbsup:

I've always been made to feel very welcome on here and have already had so much helpful advice and support.

Blackhorse
06-08-2009, 06:37 AM
I don't think there was really any need to have such a go, everyone is entitled to an opinion and I think Loopy has done it in a reasonable way.

Let's try to keep on topic and no get into a 'fight', that will just result in the thread having to be removed which would be a shame as it is an interesting discussion.

Thanks Pauline!

LisaMcNally09
06-08-2009, 07:57 AM
I think it might be useful if someone could post links to nice messages that have been written about paretns and children. Lo0py may have just seen the bad parent comments and thinks we are making bad comments all the time!

If I knew how to do it I would!!:blush:

Could anyone help with this?? Then maybe Lo0py will see it isn't about parent bashing on here!!

That was the point I was trying to make in the first place. Whilst this forum shows a very balanced view of good and bad childminders....good and bad parents....the other forums I have come across seem to just be childminder bashing!!!

Lisa

Pauline
06-08-2009, 08:05 AM

You NEVER type waffle! I always enjoy reading your posts and you have a very sensible and thoughful head on your shoulders :thumbsup:

Daftbat
06-08-2009, 08:13 AM
I think it might be useful if someone could post links to nice messages that have been written about paretns and children. Lo0py may have just seen the bad parent comments and thinks we are making bad comments all the time!

If I knew how to do it I would!!:blush:

Could anyone help with this?? Then maybe Lo0py will see it isn't about parent bashing on here!!

That was the point I was trying to make in the first place. Whilst this forum shows a very balanced view of good and bad childminders....good and bad parents....the other forums I have come across seem to just be childminder bashing!!!

Lisa

This is a good idea but all Lo0py has to do is a search and she will be able to see for herself. Just type in nice/lovely parents.

Bushpig
06-08-2009, 08:25 AM

I agree :thumbsup:

As someone who has had a design business and a childminding business... I can say there are problem clients everywhere, no matter what business you are in... that's just the way it is. People are people. Most are good, pay on time, are lovely to deal with etc. but there are some that aren't.

As a CM I have found this forum crucial.... it is FULL to bursting with advice on so many topics.... and is a lovely group of people who have something in common - their love of working with children :)

As we do work on our own... as mentioned... this is our 'virtual staffroom'... as we have no real one. It's totally natural to natter on about things that happen in day to day life.... to vent a bit, but also to ask for advice... ''xyz has happened, what should I do, any advice?''

There are plenty of positive threads... about what we do with the kids, when firemen or policmen visit us (erm... I mean the kids :blush: :p ), when a parent gives a lovely unexpected thank you gift etc.

The good and the bad, it's all here... and I love it :thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
06-08-2009, 09:11 AM
I've never been a member of such a warm and friendly forum (and I do get around a bit :blush: ).

Yeah people come on here to air there frustrations, and sometimes it can be about parents, but ive read just as many posts about people being furstrated with other childminders. I've read posts where poeple have reported other childminders who also happen to be there friends, because they are doing soemthing they shouldnt be.

Likewise ive read some lovely threads recently where peopel have been praising the fnatastic parent they have.

No matter what post ive read tho, its never been nasty, the childminder has always remained professional, theyv'e come here for some advice and support, not to just slag the parent off. Theres a huge wealth of knowledge on this forum and hundreds of friendly people willing to give you there time to help in anyway they can.

I'm in love with this forum, I love the people in it, only been here 3 months but been made to feel so welcome, this place is already a big part of my life, that probably makes me a sad old git, but I dont care.

Gareth

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
06-08-2009, 09:26 AM
No you are not a sad old git Gareth. :laughing::clapping: :laughing:

Spangles
06-08-2009, 09:37 AM
You're definitely not a sad old git Gareth. Didn't you say you were only 28 the other day? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You know we love you!

Gherkin
06-08-2009, 10:36 AM
As my 3 year old daughter would say "cor blimey" (have no idea where she has got it from but she is using it all the time). All getting a bit controversial.

You get good and bad in every job/service/industry.

I agree this is a staff room for us and will now tell my husband that i am in the staff room when I am in the forum.

There is a saying that is taught in retail (my old industry) that is something along the lines of "If you have a good experience you tell 2 people you have a bad experience you tell 10 people" and that would be why you may have looked at the forum as having a negitive vibe regards parents. It is just a fact of life that we will talk more about the bad than the good. Sad I know but that is how it is.

Pauline I wholeheartedly agree that you stepped in a the right time and
Lo0py don't judge the forum yet give it a bit more time. It is welcoming and it can be a great support.

her8y
06-08-2009, 11:01 AM
I love all the help and advice I have received from this warm and friendly forum.

I think that when things are jogging along nicely we dont necessarily comment on here. When something special happens we share it.

When we need help and advice which invariably involves an uncomfortable situation we ask for it and always get a response and suppport. Sometimes a post could appear negative (?) if taken out of context but an overview of everyones posts would reflect the positive and caring community that exists on this forum.

Hope this makes sense. Not very good at expressing myself.

Minstrel
06-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Never in my wildest dreams did i think this post would go down the route it has.

I hope most of you have taken my OP in the context that it was meant, 'a hee-hee, I've never thought of it like that' kind of way and not the 'parent bashing I think its outragous, we're getting ripped off' kind of way.

That is not at all how I meant it and since I've been here over a year now I hope you all 'get' me by now. I appreciate that someone who is new will not 'know' us yet and has read things differently.

Playmate
06-08-2009, 11:40 AM
gosh must have missed this one! Hubby said to me last nightafter doing 3hours of NVQ work, I suppose you are going to get your fix now (meaning the forum) next time i will reply "No just popping into the staff room"! :laughing

I have to be honest I don't join in all discussions and i don't always read every thread (thats why its going to take me ages to be a full member!), but I have found when I have posted people are welcoming and and the whole most people can see both sides of discussion which is great. I think the mods on this site do a fantastic job too! :clapping:

haribo
06-08-2009, 12:06 PM
i dont post as often as i should -- like someone said if things are going well we dont necessarily post cos thats how it should be ,, us and parents working together. if however i have a problem i come straight here where i get support and advice and many a time letting off steam on here has allowed me to see everyones point of view and avoided a confrontation ,, if thats wrong i fail to see how :panic: oh and since i found this place i have often said to dh how great it is ive got all these work mates ,, i dont feel i deserve all the support as i dont give as much back so thanks guys :clapping: x

Daddy Day Care
06-08-2009, 12:07 PM
You're definitely not a sad old git Gareth. Didn't you say you were only 28 the other day? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You know we love you!

Ok a sad young git then :laughing: and thank you :blush:

gegele
06-08-2009, 01:51 PM
This forum is fantastic and they even make french people welcome :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: that's how inclusive it is!!!!:D :D

best thing the web brought into my home:thumbsup:

it would be a great miss for you to go elsewhere, you'll never find people as genuine, professionnal full of knowledge AND totally crazy than here.
there's no place like home ah ah ah ah ah
:jump for joy:

her8y
06-08-2009, 01:55 PM
:D
Never in my wildest dreams did i think this post would go down the route it has.

I hope most of you have taken my OP in the context that it was meant, 'a hee-hee, I've never thought of it like that' kind of way and not the 'parent bashing I think its outragous, we're getting ripped off' kind of way.

That is not at all how I meant it and since I've been here over a year now I hope you all 'get' me by now. I appreciate that someone who is new will not 'know' us yet and has read things differently.

I thought it was a hee hee and not a parent bashing:D :D :thumbsup:

Minstrel
06-08-2009, 01:59 PM
:D

I thought it was a hee hee and not a parent bashing:D :D :thumbsup:

Thank you! :thumbsup:

ORKSIE
06-08-2009, 02:10 PM
I've never been a member of such a warm and friendly forum (and I do get around a bit :blush: ).

Yeah people come on here to air there frustrations, and sometimes it can be about parents, but ive read just as many posts about people being furstrated with other childminders. I've read posts where poeple have reported other childminders who also happen to be there friends, because they are doing soemthing they shouldnt be.

Likewise ive read some lovely threads recently where peopel have been praising the fnatastic parent they have.

No matter what post ive read tho, its never been nasty, the childminder has always remained professional, theyv'e come here for some advice and support, not to just slag the parent off. Theres a huge wealth of knowledge on this forum and hundreds of friendly people willing to give you there time to help in anyway they can.

I'm in love with this forum, I love the people in it, only been here 3 months but been made to feel so welcome, this place is already a big part of my life, that probably makes me a sad old git, but I dont care.

Gareth

Well said that man:thumbsup:
And if your sad what does that make me:ROFL1: :ROFL1:
And I'm sexier than you even tho you wont tell me how to do the writing:( :laughing:

cherry pink
06-08-2009, 03:08 PM
mmm, how I was I judgemental? Certainly no more judgemental that the other posts on this topic?

As for my first rant about a parent - it will be just that a rant about one parent not a sweeping criticism of all parents but I'm glad you are looking forward to it - nice to know you are keen for a fellow childminder to have problems.

loopy i think you ought to read the posts on this forum a bit more carefully, my brain might not be up to scratch but i think that comment is unfair, i dont think i've read anywhere on here sweeping criticism of ''all'' parents...we all comment or ask advice on our OWN personal situations, and sometimes other people have gone thru the same or similar so can offer help and advice...

i have certainly not seen the comments or language used by the parents on the other forums,it's disgusting and certainly something to complain about if we did...
give us a chance, everyone on here is very friendly and helpful and a minefield of information.....
in our day to day jobs we are often on our own without backup and what one of us thinks is a crisis others will put a different spin on it and when we hear what someone else thinks it helps us to rethink our dilemma etc..
once your registered and start working you may come across some situations that are hard to deal with or you are not to sure on how to deal with yourself and the gang on this forum offer a lovely helpful experienced professional sounding board which i can honestly say you will find invaluable..

sorry waffling think i've got a soggy brain from all this rain..

wendywu
06-08-2009, 03:13 PM
What rain i have just come back from sitting in the very hot sun watching mindees in the pool. Lovely job if you can get it :thumbsup:

cherry pink
06-08-2009, 03:24 PM
lucky you wendy we had sun till about 2 hours ago then the heavens opened and it's absolutely teeming.we have thunder and a bit of lightening too...some places look like it could flood

wellybelly
06-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Re having a moan about parents.

This forum is our only release to have a moan about parents, we dont get to have a moan to the others in the office or on our lunch break with 10 other people. I think we should be aloud to have a rant. I love all my parents, but at times they can take advantage of that well established relationship we've built from the begining. Ive had parents try many times to push my already very flexible approach to contracts and still they want more. I now stand my ground more and they soon learn.

Minstrel
06-08-2009, 05:05 PM
ANYWAY...

Back to the original post.... does anyone have any funny anecdotes about parents tricks (AKA getting the best value for their money)?

P.s. at all times please be complimentary and respectful of the parents you are speaking about.

Pipsqueak
06-08-2009, 05:06 PM
ANYWAY...

Back to the original post.... does anyone have any funny anecdotes about parents tricks (AKA getting the best value for their money)?

P.s. at all times please be complimentary and respectful of the parents you are speaking about.

PMSL;) :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: about blooming time!

And nope, I have no crafty tricks that I can think of at the moment because all my parents are lovely:D

jaz
06-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Just wanted to add my thanks and love for this forum which has kept me sane. The people on here are great and all are entitled to their own opinions.

Back to topic now......

I dont like working Mondays so I can have the Bank holidays off to be with my kids:blush:

Bushpig
06-08-2009, 05:12 PM
I have fab parents generally :thumbsup: ..... although one has tried something with me a couple of times... if she's running late and drops her child half an hour late... she then asks to pick him up half an hour later... :rolleyes:

deeb66
06-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I have fab parents generally :thumbsup: ..... although one has tried something with me a couple of times... if she's running late and drops her child half an hour late... she then asks to pick him up half an hour later... :rolleyes:

I have one like that too only they don't ask they just assume. They drop off anwhere between 15-30 mins late most mornings and therefore automatically turn up late. Sometimes they sit in the car and finish a phone call before ringing the doorbell.

Sometimes I feel like saying excuse me you should have been here at blah blah but to be honest it usually is only 10 mins or so so I really don't think it is worth upsetting the apple cart for iyswim.

I kind of expect it now and automatically add the 10-15 mins on at the end of the day and if they do pick their child up on time I see it as a bonus.

I think if they took advantages or didn't pay me on time or caused me any other problems then I would probably say something but as I get on with them and they are what I consider 'good' parents I just let it ride.

Dee
xx

Bushpig
06-08-2009, 05:23 PM
I have one like that too only they don't ask they just assume. They drop off anwhere between 15-30 mins late most mornings and therefore automatically turn up late. Sometimes they sit in the car and finish a phone call before ringing the doorbell.

Sometimes I feel like saying excuse me you should have been here at blah blah but to be honest it usually is only 10 mins or so so I really don't think it is worth upsetting the apple cart for iyswim.

I kind of expect it now and automatically add the 10-15 mins on at the end of the day and if they do pick their child up on time I see it as a bonus.

I think if they took advantages or didn't pay me on time or caused me any other problems then I would probably say something but as I get on with them and they are what I consider 'good' parents I just let it ride.

Dee
xx

Ditto Dee - I feel the same way :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
06-08-2009, 05:27 PM

I had one who did but after 3 months totted it all up and told me I owed her a day:eek:

Well safe to say I didnt!!!

Gherkin
06-08-2009, 07:10 PM
I had a parent who knew that it was £17 per week yet every pay day always pretended she didn't know what was due and would say "thats £15/£13/£12 i owe you isn't it" as if I was going to just say Yes £12 will be fine.

Still owes me money now and I havn't minded for her in months.

Lady Haha
06-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Ok, back on topic!

One of my parents, who I generally get on really well with and we have a great relationship, tried this one on me recently!

'I am taking a weeks holiday in August, so how much do I owe you for that?'

My holiday rates are half normal rate. I look after her daughter after school and school holidays three days per week.

So I said 'Well, it's half rate', thinking, hang on , she knows this!

Then she said 'Yes, but half rate of a normal week or a holiday week?' .:rolleyes:

Um, you are taking the holiday during school holidays, so it is half the holiday rate, meaning full day care, not two hours after school!!!

I had to laugh at that level of trying it on though!

Deb
06-08-2009, 09:22 PM
to solve the evening pick up I charge a flat day rate and an afterschool rate, both till 6.30 - so as long as they pick up before that I dont care what time. If they are later I charge.

FizzysFriends
06-08-2009, 09:30 PM
I have a parent that goes to the bank on my time so on pay day she collects the children half an hour late for free

haribo
07-08-2009, 07:25 AM
I have a parent that goes to the bank on my time so on pay day she collects the children half an hour late for free

i had one like that ,, was late every payday and would say oh had to go get your money , ,i could see shopping bags on the back seat everytime , obviously had done their shopping at the same time . but the most recent was tuesday just gone, i have a term time only mindee aged 10. i was busy painting dds room as had no mindees and the phone rang . was this mindees dad in a mad panic asking if i would go and pick her up from the school where she was at a holiday camp thing , the school is very near me but i was covered in paint and it was 3 oclock , the time they finish ! but i went and got her .. was a bit peeved but thought at least would be a bit of cash lol,, wen dad comes no mention of money whatsoever and as i wont have her till sept i doubt i will get any :angry: i know it was an emergency but i dont get paid through the hols so not on standby anyway and i didnt finish the painting either !! :panic:

Tups
08-08-2009, 06:48 PM

Must think twice next time! Your entitled to have your say Minstrel

some people don't have a sense of hum-er do they :rolleyes: