PDA

View Full Version : meal times

It's a small world
04-08-2009, 12:29 PM
What do you do about meal times and puddings if one child finishes before another but are too young to understand they have to wait for everyone to finish..yet first child wants pudding but if I give them pudding second child wont finish lunch ....does this make sense :rolleyes:

Daftbat
04-08-2009, 01:00 PM
I put puddings on the table ready for when they have finished their main course. If they go to have it before finishing then they are told not to and the slower ones can see that the older children have eaten all of their first course before having pudding anyway. Not really been a problem.

Roseolivia
04-08-2009, 01:04 PM
My mindees wait until everyone has finished main meal.

little chickee
04-08-2009, 01:05 PM
i have all kids sit at table together for meals, only give the main courses out - if some finish before others they are asked to wait at the table til everyone has finished. if a child is taking ages the ones who have finish will get their pudding in the hope of encouaging the slow one to speed up a bit.

i do this with my own 3 boys - im trying to encourage good manners like waiting for everyone to finish but don't think its fair to make 2 who have been finished for ages to wait for someone taking ages.

It's a small world
04-08-2009, 01:18 PM
My mindees wait until everyone has finished main meal.

My eldest waits until he's finished but my youngest is almost 2 and mindee 2.5 and not sure they are quite ready to understand to wait even though I do try and explain...will persevere (sp) and try diff tactics..

Thank you everyone

mushpea
04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
i make them wait untill they have all finished unlless one of them is being extra slow or stubbon and not eating, this way the stubbon or the slow learn to be quicker and eat their dinner, when they have finished dessert they can then go and play,

Chatterbox Childcare
04-08-2009, 03:21 PM
I put puddings on the table ready for when they have finished their main course. If they go to have it before finishing then they are told not to and the slower ones can see that the older children have eaten all of their first course before having pudding anyway. Not really been a problem.

Me too. If the slower won't finish their dinner then they don't get pudding. They soon learn the ropes

mummyroysof3
04-08-2009, 03:23 PM
jack who is 4 is going through a stage of craming too much food in his mouth sometimes so i make him wait till me and jessica are done for his pudding in the hopes he will slow down

charlotte x