PDA

View Full Version : Mum works 3 days on and 3 off

twiggy
04-08-2009, 10:41 AM
I am minding a child for a mum who works 3 days on and 3 days off. She currently pays £3 per hour for the days she attends. I am having to keep a full time space although the maximum she attends is 3 days a week. This was not a problem when I didn't have many mindees but I am now having to take on an assistant to increase my numbers when she attends on a Thursday or Friday. I am due to review this child's contract and wanted to increase my rate, what do you think I should increase it to?

Roseolivia
04-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Increase to what the average is in your area. You should charge at least half fee for the days she's not using as you are keeping a full time space open for her

atmkids
04-08-2009, 03:49 PM
I have a parent who works four days on, four days off and I charge a minumum of 3 days per week. I also don't offer them a sibling discount (older brother is before and after schoolie) and charge full fee for their holidays and sickness when I would normally only charge half.

Chatterbox Childcare
04-08-2009, 04:20 PM
I had one like this and I upped to a day rate of £38.00 but that is a big jump from the £30.00 you are currently charging so why not go for £34.00 and explain to her why and what discount you have applied.

I always sit down and explain to mum why it is being done.

Alibali
04-08-2009, 04:20 PM
For my shift worker I charge half fee for the days she doesn't use:thumbsup: