PDA

View Full Version : No Thanks ...............................

Beckieboo
04-08-2009, 09:37 AM
:( I had my first visit from someone i knew from the nursery i worked in last week. She wanted a two day place for her baby boy from sept. She had seen my leaflets and couldnt wait to pop round.
Anyway i went through all the motions and she seemed keen, she said she would let me know.
I got a txt on friday asking if i could pik her other two up from school, but i cant as i dont deal with this school, so i apologised.
Last night i received a tx from her saying she had decided to go with a childminder round the corner, was very impressed with me and would recommend me, but it was easier for her (I am two mile away).

Now i am gutted as this was my first no thanks, dont know what went wrong, my oh says it wasnt me, but i just feel like ive failed!:(

Feel a bit better though now having unloaded all that!! lol:laughing:

Polly2
04-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Its hard isn't it...I hate rejection :(

I am sure it wasn't you...everything she said was positive wasn't it - it was just the fact that the other cm lived nearer.

Try not to let it bother you, I am sue the phone will ring really soon

Take care x

It's a small world
04-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Don't feel bad you didn't do anything wrong..and you certainly haven't failed...keep smiling things will get better.:)

RedDragon
04-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Try not to take it to heart (easier said than done).

At least you got feedback - and it was good feedback.

It doesn't seem like it was anything you did so try not to take it personally.

If YOU know you are good at your job then try not to get disheartened.

I remember a set of parents coming round my house - we had bought a cat from a cat's home 2 days before and he had peed in the corner - parents came round and I had to explain the smell to mum - She couldn't get out the door quick enough - I still see her and her child is now in my son's class and I often wonder if she thinks "There's the CM's house that smells of wee :blush:

Demonjill
04-08-2009, 09:58 AM
This was def a positive NO so dont worry in the slightest!!

Fingers x the next one is going to sign!!:thumbsup:

Mollymop
04-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Yes I wouldn't worry about this hun, it sounds to me as if she needed a childminder who would take her other 2 to school as well, which you can't do or she would have chosen you. x

Roseolivia
04-08-2009, 10:46 AM
You did nothing wrong, you just didn't fit what she needed. It's exactly the same as you saying you couldn't pick up her other children from school

Tatjana
04-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Just to echo everyone, it wasn't you! It really sounds like she's telling the truth, you're lucky she took the time to explain, many of them never get in touch again!

Chin up! :D

xx

ORKSIE
04-08-2009, 11:29 AM
It is hard, but dont take it personally, easier said than done I know. Hope the next one works out for you

FussyElmo
04-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Definetley agree with the others. Once you couldnt do the school she needed it was always likely she would look elsewhere.

Positive feedback if it wasnt for the school she would have chosen you!!!

Blackhorse
04-08-2009, 11:47 AM
dont worry...and it will get better..

I had a few rejections...no shows..no calls....the lot...
just seems to be part of the job..

but now I have my first mindee and I am over the moon!!
it will happen!

Bitsy Beans
04-08-2009, 12:46 PM
I've my fair share of people muck me about etc. This is the downside of being self employed I guess. I've had one person turn me down but gave me good feedback so I take that as a good sign, you should too.
Least she's being honest. I had one mum schedule a meet, she then cancelled saying her daughter was poorly and that she'd ring me when they were back off hols. I am still waiting for her call!!! Why not just be honest and tell me you've changed your mind...........:rolleyes:

Beckieboo
04-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks everyone,

I think i ave just took it to heart as it is my first rejection!! I'm sure it wont be the only one, everyones needs are so different!!

Need to toughen up! lol:laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
04-08-2009, 01:35 PM
At least she let you know - most don't