PDA

View Full Version : DO I LOOK OLD??

Mollymop
04-08-2009, 08:10 AM
Took the kids to the park yesterday and one of my mindees class mates was there. I heard him say "let's go and run to E's mum", meaning me.

So once they had ran to me I said "I am not E's mum"

The boy (7) turned round and said "Yes you are!!" (in that nerr, nerr, type voice) and I said "no, i am not so stop being cheeky":blush: :blush:

Then he said "who are you then? Her nanny?":panic: :panic:

I said "no! I look after her for her mum and dad while they are working."

NANNY????!!!!!! Do I really look old enough be someones grandmother??!!

Kids hey?

Polly2
04-08-2009, 08:15 AM
:laughing: :laughing: thats funny!

When my kids talk about when I was a little girl they say "back in the olden times" :rolleyes:

I am only 37!!

helenlc
04-08-2009, 08:17 AM
My son recently bought himself a box set of The A Team. When me and OH say "Oh I remember this one" he looks as if to say "You mean you had TV when you were little"!!!!:laughing:

deeb66
04-08-2009, 08:22 AM
:laughing: :laughing:

Cheeky monekys :laughing:

angeldelight
04-08-2009, 08:24 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Funny

Angel xx

mrsbumbles
04-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Perhaps he ment Nanny as in childcarer? not as in grandparent :laughing:

Mollymop
04-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Perhaps he ment Nanny as in childcarer? not as in grandparent :laughing:

No, I don't think so, I can just tell!! ha

LittleAcorns
04-08-2009, 08:52 AM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: sorry

I was talking about wallpaper and my mindee said, did you have wallpaper in the olden days...he was laughing!! but meant it!!!!!

Demonjill
04-08-2009, 09:08 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I feel young most of the time but yes the kids do say some things that make you feel ancient dont they? :rolleyes:

LisaMcNally09
04-08-2009, 09:17 AM
My son (5yrs old!!) was doing a topic at school about history and all things old. He cam home and said he needed to bring in a black and white photo and did I have any of when i was little!! Im 25!!!:laughing:

Polly2
04-08-2009, 09:52 AM
:laughing: I feel better now Lisa!:laughing:

chewy sweets
04-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Took the kids to the park yesterday and one of my mindees class mates was there. I heard him say "let's go and run to E's mum", meaning me.

So once they had ran to me I said "I am not E's mum"

The boy (7) turned round and said "Yes you are!!" (in that nerr, nerr, type voice) and I said "no, i am not so stop being cheeky":blush: :blush:

Then he said "who are you then? Her nanny?":panic: :panic:

I said "no! I look after her for her mum and dad while they are working."

NANNY????!!!!!! Do I really look old enough be someones grandmother??!!

Kids hey?

My partmner was really insulted last week when my mindee(age 6) Thought that my dp was my father and my son's grandfather!!:eek:
My dp's only 31 and i'm 27! If anything my partners got a baby face and looks younger than me! Had to explain kids don't have good concept of ages!