PDA

View Full Version : childminding groups

devoncm
21-02-2008, 12:14 PM
As im new to childminding i dont know any other childminders in my area just wondered how i can find out about childminding groups that are talked about on here

Banana
21-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Contact your local CIS.... or Support minder if you have one of these?

xxx

wendywu
21-02-2008, 12:19 PM
The ones in our area close down due to lack of interest, sad really:(

sarah707
21-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Mine has been shut for refurbishment since summer last year... :(

But there's a new surestart centre opening at the school round the corner soon so I live in hope! Just hope it isn't all cliquey :D

cherry
21-02-2008, 12:28 PM
How about checking on www.netmums.com they might have a list.

Heaven Scent
21-02-2008, 12:28 PM
A lot are being forced to disband because of all the new childrens centres opening so find out where your local childrens centre is located and ask what day the childminder drop in days are. Also if you do school/nursery runs there are bound to be childminders dropping off and collecting make enquiries also go to mums and tots lots of childminders go to them. Another way would be to look up childminders in your area on the surestart childcare link on your local council website and take the bull by the horns and ring a couple of them, it can be a lonely job so I'm sure you will meet some friendly minders who my want to meet for a coffee or may know of a group in your area.

Celine:idea:

miffy
21-02-2008, 01:07 PM
If you're a member NCMA may be able to tell you of any groups in your area

Miffy xx

Kelly
21-02-2008, 02:18 PM
We are really lucky as we have two children's centres in our town, both have a childminders drop in, we also have a Barnardos which lets childminders use one of their rooms. I would deffinatley contact your support minder and your local children's centre they should be able to point you in the right direction.

jmoff
21-02-2008, 04:54 PM
How about trainings or ICP? I have met a few there!

Jana x