PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to do spider diagrams on the computer??

youarewhatyoueat
03-08-2009, 09:40 PM
I'm not very computer savvi, will have to ask my daughter in the morning but I've got word 2007 and would like to produce a poster for nvq3 unit 303 the development question 217. I've been asked to do a spider diagram for each 4 age groups and thought I could do a poster but have know idea how to do it on the comp, has anyone done this for their nvq. Any help or ideas apreciated.
I'm using the carolyn meggitt child development book and also finding it quite hard to simplify the book into age birth to 3 there is so much info to fit into boxes on a spider diagram. This is my 3rd effort at this so determined to finish. Perhaps I should do it differently, any bright ideas appreciated. sorry i'm waffling as usual!!!

ORKSIE
03-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Mmmm after the post i have just read from Nanny Mcflea I am really not getting into this one:eek: :laughing:

youarewhatyoueat
03-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Eh! have I missed something, orksie?

ORKSIE
03-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Eh! have I missed something, orksie?
Yep... Look in the lounge, not yours:eek: ours:laughing: :laughing:

Blaze
03-08-2009, 10:13 PM
I took a spidergram off the Bromley site & adapted it to my needs as not computer savy enough to do my own!:thumbsup:

youarewhatyoueat
03-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Will have a look thanks blaze:thumbsup: and off to look in the lounge too.

miffy
04-08-2009, 06:42 AM
I took a spidergram off the Bromley site & adapted it to my needs as not computer savy enough to do my own!:thumbsup:

I use those too

Miffy xx

madasahatter
04-08-2009, 08:53 AM
In word 2007, click on INSERT, then on SMARTART. Here you have various forms of spidergram and other diagrams. I have used ones from the 'cycle' group to make spidergrams. In the smartart design tools you can change how your spidergram looks. I added extra levels by using INSERT, SHAPE to draw extra boxes or circles, then lines or arrows to join them up. If you then click on your extra shape the drawing tools menu will be at the top of the screen. On the top left there is a box labelled insert shapes. On the bottom right of that box there is a little icon with an A that looks a bit like a postcard. Clicking on that will allow you to add text to your shapes.

Does this make sense?

hello kitty
04-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Oh, well done, I am off to have a play now!

youarewhatyoueat
04-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Me too ,thanks everyone, just need to simplify the development stages now.

Chatterbox Childcare
04-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Hope this helps - I did it in Auto Shapes at the bottom of word