PDA

View Full Version : all confused!!!!!!!!!!!

Demonjill
03-08-2009, 08:37 PM
The title says it all lol

Im having a dilemma - careers scotland have been helping me with careers advice ( where were they when i was at school lol) and they have been fab listening to all i have to say and saying im bright (lol) enough to work my brain a bit more lol

Basically there are loads of things i wanna try job wise or learning wise (inc cm still - i think!) ive only ever done horses ( comfort zone ) and now im confused as to what path i wanna choose.

I think cos im so close to registering im starting to panic thinking i wont like it or wont be any good i suppose so im covering myself - maybe o i dont know

Sorry peeps im just ranting on bout useless stuff as usual

Going to have a wee sob to myself now:( :( :( :(

LisaMcNally09
03-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Hiya!!

Please don't get upset!! Im nearly registered now, just waiting for my crb to go through!! Today i had my first parent round and she is going to have me minding her 2 yo!! Tonight alsorts is going through my head....will i cope...will i keep up with paperwork...etc etc etc...

Basically what im trying to say is I think its natural to panic..its a big change and especially for you if you are completely changing careers!!!

The thing to do is not rush into anything...weigh up all your options!!! Is there any childminders you know to maybe sit with for an afternoon?? See how you feel in that environment???

hth and im here to chat if you wanna pm me!!

Lisa

singlewiththree
04-08-2009, 06:42 AM
I feel like that all the time and I've been registered since Dec. When I have the mindees here though its great! but the days I'm not working I'm thinking do I really want to do this, can I really do this financially as its very tight at the moment. I think in any job you get waves of is this the right job for me but hopefully once you start you will be fine. You are self employed if you find it isn't right for you then you can go and get another job.

miffy
04-08-2009, 06:49 AM
Sorry you're feeling unsure what to do - I don't think many of us like big changes in our lives especially if they take us away from our comfort zones.

You could let your registration continue - there's nothing spoiling there - while you think about your other options. You might love childminding once you start but if it's not for you then you could try something else.

Miffy xx

deeb66
04-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Sorry you're feeling unsure what to do - I don't think many of us like big changes in our lives especially if they take us away from our comfort zones.

You could let your registration continue - there's nothing spoiling there - while you think about your other options. You might love childminding once you start but if it's not for you then you could try something else.

Miffy xx

Sound advice from Miffy :thumbsup:

Dee

Mollymop
04-08-2009, 08:16 AM
As Miffy says:thumbsup:

Give childminding a go hun, see how you get on.

Gizmo
04-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Can you childmind part time?
I know I am doing full time at the mo but I am also looking into doing a bookkeeping course so I am qualified to do accounts, I have spoken to the SCMA about this and they know that there are a lot of childminders that struggle with it and another childminder only accountant would be welcome.
I know how I felt leaving the comfort zone of the office as I had been there for so long but I only did it when I knew I had kids lined up to start so I still had income coming in, I know its early as I've only started but I dont regret it :thumbsup:

Celtic Star
06-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Sorry to hear you're feeling like this:(

If it's any comfort to you I was exactly the same, though I think you are making a positive step by speaking to Careers Scotland (I never even thought to approach them), continue with your registeration because even if you don't use it at the moment at least you still have it and it's an option for you. I'm hoping to start training as a CDC and will run that alongside the childminding but to be honest I only see the childminding as a short term plan (couple of years max)

chewy sweets
06-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Don't give up Jill. Especially if your so close to regestering!
I only registered 3 weeks ago and got 2 mindees so far and i'm loving it!
Give it a go and see how you feel once you start working.
The problem with registering as a childminder is that it takes so long!! So it gives you too much time to think and worry and doubt yourself!
I'm sure you'll be great! Chin up love!:thumbsup:

Bitsy Beans
07-08-2009, 09:34 PM
I've only got one mindee for one full day a week and today was our second week. Believe me I've been panicking like a maniac since last week (boy was I tense ALL day) but today I've tried to be more relaxed and together with my son we've had loads of fun today.
I jacked in my part time job as a legal cashier to lose £600 a month to try this. I am not earning much but I knew after my daughter was born I wanted to do something different. It might not pan out but I'll never know if I don't try it. Don't think I could mind full time though, been too used to having some time off in the week :o

Anyway as others have said, try it. If you don't like it then you can move onto something else. It is a culture shock to step out of your comfort zone and believe me I don't do change very well :o

Demonjill
10-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies to this one.

The careers Scotland lady has been fab really listening to me etc( suppose its her job lol) and i have another appt with her on friday which im looking forward to so see what happens from there. Money wise i have signed on for the first time in my life so will get help there ok.

Theres been few set backs with my application ( after running so smooth for so long lol) such as people saying the have not received things that were sent to them ages ago.

Grrrrr:angry: