PDA

View Full Version : newcastle upon tyne... havent even had a call for months now

hayleychildcare
03-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Im registered in Newcastle and while most childminders around me seem to be getting loads of calls and getting quite busy, i havent even had any calls......i must be doing something wrong...

sue m
03-08-2009, 02:12 PM
No you're not, don't think that. It's how it goes. I've not had any calls for months, I have had a brother and sister for a year now and they leave next month because one is going to nursery and the other is going to be with Grandma so I hope I get a call soon too. Hope you get something soon.

Hebs
03-08-2009, 02:13 PM
i'm in jarrow and just starting to get calls

good luck hun :D

hayleychildcare
03-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Im thinking about making some flyers up an handing them out to passing parents...... does this make me look desperate? I live on a main road so i could just run out the house when they pass..... lol !!!

Pipsqueak
03-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Its the same all over hunny. I am not too far down the A1 from you and its the same in my town:(

Up your advertising profiles and marketing, update with FIS every couple of weeks to keep you listing at the top of the pile

Minstrel
03-08-2009, 04:17 PM
I have been feeling this way lately too so just to let you know you're not on your own! x

Sarahbelle
03-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Yep, big slump here too! Have been advertising full time vacancies since Jan. Had one phone call last week for 12 hours a week. I've taken it, as I don't know when the next call will come.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that things will now start to filter through. Good luck to you too!

helenlc
03-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Keep going - I had nothing for months and then 3 parent enquire in a week - one of whom I had to pass onto a friend (siblings that put me over my 3 under 5).

I used to read people on here getting new ones and talking to childminder friends and them getting new ones. I used to think What am I doing wrong? But honestly dont think its you.

Do a leaflet drop, update details in FIS, go on your local Netmums and Gumtree.

Good luck and try to stay positive!!!:thumbsup:

zillervalley
03-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Hi

it is the same every where

once when the local authority updated cm details they got my details wrong,didnt know this till another mum at toddlers said, have you moved . as they saw my address and tel no was wrong.

just a thought if others are getting calls and you are not

ziller

bibby76
03-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Just letting you know its quiet here to, no calls for nearly 4 months!!! I used to think i was the only one, but found out most childminders are the same!

So dont worry its not you, its the way things are at the moment.:)
keep your chin up:p

childmind04
03-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Where abouts in Newcastle are you, i have cm friends in different parts maybe i could pass your detsils on for them to circulate??

Susan

cher25
03-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Don't give up hope!
Im in North Shields and when i registered it took 5-6 month's before i got a call. And even then i only got 1 call, 3 day after school. Then last summer i got a few calls and took some little ones on. Had no calls since though despite having spaces.

hayleychildcare
03-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Im in West denton/CHapel House Susan. My friend also CM said she should pass on details (she is fully booked now). I ve also just found out my only full timer is leaving as mammy giving up work. HELP........ Ive already advertised everywhere local and still no calls.