PDA

View Full Version : ahhhhh, just had an enquiry!! OMG!

mammumof4
03-08-2009, 12:48 PM
HI all! :) i havent been on here for a while, school holidays, new puppy ect ect!
quick recap! i had my pre reg ofsted visit on 5 june, still waiting for certificate to arrive but am hoping it wont be long!!!:blush:

i just had my first enjuiry!! mum is coming on wed afterternoon with her 2 girls aged 6 and 4, who will need after school care starting in september (if my certificate comes in time!!!!)

what do i do, say? im having a mad panic. need to calm down i think!! :eek:

we have just got a 9 week old pup, little chocolate labrador, very cute but can be a bit much at times, ive told mum and she is fine as granny has a labrador so it should be ok:D

i hope i get this job, 2 little girls would be a great easy start. my daughter aged 12 has it all planned, the barbies are coming out, the colouring stuff, making fairys! bless her, what else could i get out for them, i also have to enertain my own boys aged 6 and 3 (3 yr old could be out tho)

what questions do i ask mum? i have my info pack to give her and all my policies ect. :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

grindal
03-08-2009, 12:59 PM
When I have a first meeting with a parent I usually make them a drink, give the parents my info pack and then get something out for the children to play with, I then sit and play with the children while I go through the info pack with parents. Then I ask about their requirements, days, times etc. Finally I show them around my house, ask them if they have any questions, and ask them to get back in touch within 48 hours as I have a couple of other parents looking for spaces (I always say this!). Make sure you have a contact number so you can follow them up if they do not get back in touch too.
Good Luck

Ripeberry
03-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Well done! I've just signed up my first mindee just this morning. The mum visited me in June initialy and she had a copy of my main policies and some papers to fill out (Child Registration form, medical permission forms and the main permission forms).
They moved house a couple of days ago and both the mum and dad came this morning for a settling-in session and to meet my two girls.
Also we got down to signing the contract (both signed) as the dad will drop off in the morning and the mum will pick up.
She had forgotten to fill in the forms before coming to me, so she completed the 'all about me' form and Child Registration Form), but it was not until they had left that i realised they had not done the permission forms.
They are coming tomorrow anyway for a 4hr settling in session and he will be left for the first time, so i'm making sure all the permissions are signed before i start!
I was so nervous this morning, but it does help when you have nice parents :thumbsup: