PDA

View Full Version : newsletter not going to be popular

Hebs
03-08-2009, 12:36 PM
this month

i have decided to take the weekend of my daughters 13th birthday off work as we have SO much planned

Friday night is her disco
sat i just don't want to work it :blush:
sun we have a big family meal planned
mon is her birthday

i swore when i started this that my kids would come first, and i know all but 1 mum will be ok about it :panic:

helenlc
03-08-2009, 12:44 PM
You have every right to take time off - I sometimes think we forget that. And I think parents DEFINITELY forget that.

Just stick to your guns and dont be persuaded into taking any less time off than you have planned.

Happy Birthday to your daughter too - becoming a teenager huh? What fun you are in for!!! Lol (I only say that cos my eldest is not a teenager until next October!!!:laughing: )

little chickee
03-08-2009, 12:47 PM
I personally do not work weekends at all to enable me to have time with my own family so i think that your parents should apprieciate the fact that you do work weekends for them and hope that they will understand that occasionally you need time to spend with your own family.

TBH though even if i knew that they will not be happy i would still do it - you do a lot for your mindees and your daughters needs are just as important.

i cant see them them leaving you cos of one weekend - so if they don't like it HARD CHEESE!! :laughing:

Playmate
03-08-2009, 12:50 PM
You have every right to take time off - I sometimes think we forget that. And I think parents DEFINITELY forget that.

Just stick to your guns and dont be persuaded into taking any less time off than you have planned.

Happy Birthday to your daughter too - becoming a teenager huh? What fun you are in for!!! Lol (I only say that cos my eldest is not a teenager until next October!!!:laughing: )

I totally agree enjoy!

As for teenagers good luck! I have 2 and o how I wish I could turn back the clock (or forward, as long as I don't get any older!) :D

Hebs
03-08-2009, 12:51 PM
I personally do not work weekends at all to enable me to have time with my own family so i think that your parents should apprieciate the fact that you do work weekends for them and hope that they will understand that occasionally you need time to spend with your own family.

TBH though even if i knew that they will not be happy i would still do it - you do a lot for your mindees and your daughters needs are just as important.

i cant see them them leaving you cos of one weekend - so if they don't like it HARD CHEESE!! :laughing:

this one mum who i think will twist, is the one i do lates (until 9pm) early starts (6am) and overnights too

good luck to her if she wants to go elsewhere :laughing:

FussyElmo
03-08-2009, 12:59 PM
And truthfully would she will be lucky to find anyone as accomadating as you.

Dont feel guilty for taking the time off for your daughter just do it!!!

OrlandoBelle
03-08-2009, 01:00 PM
As long as you give them enough notice and you haven't gone over your agreed holiday time for this year, there's nothing they can do about it. You're entitled to time off - especially for your daughter's birthday. I hope you both have a fab time and that the parents are understanding about it.:)

helenlc
03-08-2009, 01:01 PM
this one mum who i think will twist, is the one i do lates (until 9pm) early starts (6am) and overnights too

good luck to her if she wants to go elsewhere :laughing:

I'd like to see her try and find somone so easily to cover those hours. And thats why she is going to be peeved - cos she knows how hard its going to be to find cover for you.

Maybe she will appreicate just how lucky she really is when she realises how hard it will be.

Ripeberry
03-08-2009, 01:19 PM
How much notice do you have to give as per your contract? Sounds like she will be the type of parent to pull it out and maybe look at it for the first time! ;)
Have a great weekend.:)

Hebs
03-08-2009, 01:19 PM
As long as you give them enough notice and you haven't gone over your agreed holiday time for this year, there's nothing they can do about it. You're entitled to time off - especially for your daughter's birthday. I hope you both have a fab time and that the parents are understanding about it.:)

contract states 4 weeks notice but i'm giving 3 months,
and i haven't taken any hols yet, i did take 2 days off on june but she re-arranged her shifts to fit in with it so i have 2 days off but not actual holidays as i still covered her shifts for that week :thumbsup:

LittleMissSparkles
03-08-2009, 01:35 PM
contract states 4 weeks notice but i'm giving 3 months

thats more than enough to sort out an alternative care x

enjoy the weekend xxx

Chimps Childminding
03-08-2009, 04:50 PM
3 months is definately more than enought notice!! And any way, the whole reason most of us do this job is for OUR families, once in a while they have to come first!!!! Hope you have a lovely week-end whenever it is!:thumbsup:

Hebs
03-08-2009, 04:52 PM
3 months is definately more than enought notice!! And any way, the whole reason most of us do this job is for OUR families, once in a while they have to come first!!!! Hope you have a lovely week-end whenever it is!:thumbsup:

it's the halloween weekend :thumbsup:
party is the 30th October, and her birthday is the 2nd Nov

ORKSIE
03-08-2009, 05:29 PM
You deserve time off, you work hard at the weekends ( I wouldnt do it) Your family come first, and you don't take time off alot, so parents will just have to understand and make other arrangements:D

miffy
03-08-2009, 08:46 PM
You're entitled to some time off and you're giving loads of notice.

Start looking forward to the weekend and don't worry!

Miffy xx

nannymcflea
03-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Enjoy your daughters birthday, they should count themselves very lucky to have you there at weekends at all.

Rubybubbles
03-08-2009, 08:51 PM
have a great weekend:clapping:

I need to book a mid week in Nov as going to centre parks, but one parent only needs me term time only, and I know it's going to be hard for them to take the time off but I have only taken 2 weeks from 15th Aug off this year so tuff, I need my break and only time hubby off again so want to spend it away as a family

so know just what your feeling:panic:

Hebs
03-08-2009, 08:53 PM
:panic:

i'm sure she'll be able to work around it,

but TBH i'm not bothered if she can't :thumbsup:

ORKSIE
03-08-2009, 09:04 PM
:panic:

i'm sure she'll be able to work around it,

but TBH i'm not bothered if she can't :thumbsup:

Good for you, your always there for them, time for some give and take:)