PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning a Maclaren pushchair

helenlc
03-08-2009, 11:05 AM
I got a Twin Techno off Ebay - great price and it arrived this morning.

Its not that dirty as such but stinks!!:panic: Not sure if its where it has been stored for a couple of years but its not very pleasant.

I have washed the covers by using some Persil and warm water while its all on the frame. I have put the cosey toes and head hugger bits in the washing machine.

I am hoping that as it dries, the Persil smell will stay on it and not the rank smell it came with.

But failing that, what else can I do to get rid of the smell? Is Febreeze just a temporory measure?

Any advice welcome. I need to be able to use it tomorrow as welll!!!:D

Hebs
03-08-2009, 11:14 AM
can the covers not be removed??

helenlc
03-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Not sure - I didnt get any instructions with it.

sweets
03-08-2009, 11:23 AM
i used febreeze on a smelly pushchair once, it does work but its temp. the way i got rid of the smell was to use febreeze (lots) and by leaving the pram out in the fresh air on a windy day. try that:)

helenlc
03-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks - its quite sunny and breezy outside now.

I might make up a Persil solution in a spray bottle and spray it all over then pop it outside to dry in the fresh air.

FizzysFriends
03-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Found some instructions for you, haven't read them but I think all Technos you can remove all the seat covers.

http://www.glasgowpramcentre.co.uk/images09/user%20guides/Maclaren/Maclaren%20User%20Guide/twin.techno.user.guide.pdf

helenlc
03-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Found some instructions for you, haven't read them but I think all Technos you can remove all the seat covers.

http://www.glasgowpramcentre.co.uk/images09/user%20guides/Maclaren/Maclaren%20User%20Guide/twin.techno.user.guide.pdf

Thanks for that!

I have sprayed it again and left it in the garden. I only need it tomorrow and Wednesday this week, so will see how it goes. I am off next week so might take all the covers off then and clean the frame and put the covers in the wash.

LittleMissSparkles
03-08-2009, 01:06 PM
you can take the covers off Helen, Ijust gave my singletchno to myfriend and she took the covers off and put theminthe washer and they came up like new :D xxx