PDA

View Full Version : Minding from my Parent's Home?

littleelm
02-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Hi All,

Brand new to the forum and brand new to childminding, not even pre-reg yet!

I'm 23 and live at home with my Mum and Dad, have loads of childcare experience and some qualifications and really want to start my own childminding business.

The only problem is it would obviously have to be from my parents home, do you think this would be ok? Would OFSTED allow it?

There is a room that I could use as a dedicated playroom downstairs, and we also have a large spacious hallway which I would use during the day to extend the play space, aswell as a downstairs toilet and access to the kitchen, which is large and ideal for messy play. My Mum and Dad also have a large (very nicely landscaped!) but child friendly garden and decking area at the back of the house, aswell as a large flagged driveway out the front which is empty of cars during the day and would be perfect for trikes etc.

I would want the conservatory (except for getting out to the garden) and living room (except for occasional television/dvd) to be kept private for my parents' sake.

Do you think this space would be adequate?

Has anyone else minded from their parent's home?

Many thanks,
Fi x

sweets
03-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Hi welcome to the forum:)
I can't see ofsted having a problem with you minding from your parents house. it sounds like you have a nice set up just waiting for children. You could always put a little tv in your playroom then living room would be totally off limits.
I have to say though it sounds like you have good parents! lol. mine would say no chance:laughing:

littleelm
03-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Hi Sweets, Thanks for the welcome and response!

They still haven't given it the go ahead quite yet! Mum is fine with it, Dad is not sure, but I think he's more bothered about the dog!

He's a lovely, gentle, placid dog, but he's ever so jumpy and nervous and woof's at everything! I think he would be fine if he had run of the part of our garden that was fenced off specifically for him though!

LisaMcNally09
03-08-2009, 09:45 AM
mine would say no chance:laughing:

I was thinknig same!!! haha:laughing:

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
03-08-2009, 12:50 PM
i mind from my mums house (she is a childminder too)

Ofsted had no problems with it at all

good luck