PDA

View Full Version : TESCOS

It's a small world
02-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Hi

Not sure if anyones interested, but went to Tescos today and they have large laminted poster : map of the world, solar system, alphabet, times tables, numbers I think...anyway £3 each or 2 for £5. Got a fab map showing different landmarks like Sydney Opera House, Taj Mahal, Great Wall of China etc. Thought I would share this with you...:)

Amaranth
02-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Thank you Kerrie Louise,

They sound fab :thumbsup: looks like a trip to Tesco is in order! :D

her8y
02-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks. Need a poster of solar system. Might stop my two arguing over whether pluto is a Planet of not!

ORKSIE
02-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Briliant.. need solar system, one of my after schoolies is space mad:)

miffy
02-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks Kerrie :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Bazza
02-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks. Need a poster of solar system. Might stop my two arguing over whether pluto is a Planet of not!

I can settle that one for you.

Pluto WAS a planet until about 3 years ago when it was downgraded to a mere dwarf planet. This was due to the other outlying objects that are not classed as planets but are larger than Pluto

So officially we only have 8 planets in the solar system now, but some people still consider Pluto to be the ninth.

Techically both are correct, it is a dwarf planet...;)

It's a small world
02-08-2009, 10:12 PM
I can settle that one for you.

Pluto WAS a planet until about 3 years ago when it was downgraded to a mere dwarf planet. This was due to the other outlying objects that are not classed as planets but are larger than Pluto

So officially we only have 8 planets in the solar system now, but some people still consider Pluto to be the ninth.

Techically both are correct, it is a dwarf planet...;)

Whose the clever one then hey....Very impressed. Think I need to do some swotting......

FussyElmo
03-08-2009, 07:22 AM
I Knew about Pluto my dd politely:rolleyes: informed me of this when they were doing the solar system at school - got to love her.

Poor Pluto think its being picked on by the bigger planets!!!

Thanks Kerrie for the info will be going tesco later methinks!!!

georgie456
03-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Thanks for that - I'll go and check those out tonight....