PDA

View Full Version : freebie dilema

mushpea
02-08-2009, 01:06 PM
we were given a free box of outdoor resources for attending the eyfs training. it consists of flower press, magnigying glasses, spider web post thingy, bird box and other bits. one of the condtions oof the box was that we monitered the children and send back a questionair by september. this was fine and am happy to do it but the dilema is this, i am doing an under the sea theme till they go back to school so do i stop this and do an outdoor thing to incorperate the box or do i just carry on the with the sea theme and do the box alongside it. we do still go to woods and on nature walks even though we are doing the sea theme so could use the items on the walks but dont want to confuse the children, dont want thinking ladybirds live under the sea:laughing:
so what do you think the sea theme and the box or stop the sea and then just use the box

Hebs
02-08-2009, 01:08 PM
i'd just make the answers up :blush:

and use it when i wanted to :blush: :blush:

ZoeAlli
02-08-2009, 01:28 PM
I would continue with what you have planned, but use the items in your box with your seaside theme. Okay, Are you planning a trip to the seaside?
If so you could take your magnifying glass and use it to look at things in the sand or seaweed! You could take some seaweed, and a small sample of flowers (checking first they are not protected) home and use your flower press.:)
If you are not planning a trip to the beach, you could still use these things with your seaside theme. You could get some sand and place some shells, and plastic creatures found at seaside in it and use the magnifying glass to look for them, or you could just take a close look at the patterns on the shells.
You can still use the flower press to press flowers from the garden, as some still appear at the seaside, and maybe you could use them in your seaside pictures/ art?
The bird box is not much use as birds have finished their nesting season so that will have to wait anyway.
You are still using the box for outdoors but just not looking at insects, to me you should still be able to use the results to answer the questionnaire for September, as well as continue your theme.
Hope this helps. I'm sure you'll get some other creative ideas. :thumbsup:

Zoe

her8y
02-08-2009, 02:24 PM

Me Too!:blush: :laughing: :laughing:

jaz
02-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Me Too!:blush: :laughing: :laughing:

Thats what I thought - does it make us bad people :blush:

Hebs
02-08-2009, 02:31 PM

ha ha ha NO :thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
02-08-2009, 03:02 PM

I'd do it too and I don't think it makes us bad, just busy.

mushpea
02-08-2009, 03:16 PM

glad i am not the only one to think of this:blush:

helenlc
02-08-2009, 03:19 PM

And me!!!:blush:

mushpea
02-08-2009, 03:20 PM
I would continue with what you have planned, but use the items in your box with your seaside theme. Okay, Are you planning a trip to the seaside?
If so you could take your magnifying glass and use it to look at things in the sand or seaweed! You could take some seaweed, and a small sample of flowers (checking first they are not protected) home and use your flower press.:)
If you are not planning a trip to the beach, you could still use these things with your seaside theme. You could get some sand and place some shells, and plastic creatures found at seaside in it and use the magnifying glass to look for them, or you could just take a close look at the patterns on the shells.
You can still use the flower press to press flowers from the garden, as some still appear at the seaside, and maybe you could use them in your seaside pictures/ art?
The bird box is not much use as birds have finished their nesting season so that will have to wait anyway.
You are still using the box for outdoors but just not looking at insects, to me you should still be able to use the results to answer the questionnaire for September, as well as continue your theme.
Hope this helps. I'm sure you'll get some other creative ideas. :thumbsup:

Zoe

wow brilliant, hadnt thought of doing it that way, was kinda thinking bug theme as nothing else would spring to mind, yes we are planning a trip to the beach but am not sure when cause on some days i have six children and on other days 4 , 4 would be easier to take and one of them probably has never been to the beach, but then i would feel mean at not taking the others on the '6' days, if i go twich it means 3 of the children of whom one cant stand the beach would end up going twice, oh what fun:rolleyes:

sweets
02-08-2009, 04:20 PM

:laughing: :laughing: me too!:laughing: :laughing:

jaz
02-08-2009, 04:36 PM
I'd do it too and I don't think it makes us bad, just busy.

That puts a much nicer twist on it:clapping: :clapping:

miffy
02-08-2009, 09:19 PM

So would I! :laughing:

Miffy xx

singlewiththree
03-08-2009, 06:45 AM
So would I! :laughing:

Miffy xx

We wouldn't really be making it up just planning what we would have used it for if we had been doing that particular theme :)

I like the viewing at sea shells idea and flowers etc I'm sure it can be used for lots more than just looking at bugs. have fun

Mollymop
03-08-2009, 07:10 AM
To be honest, I would do the same as some of the others and make it up too.

Yuo can still carry on with your underwater theme but could use the box of bits for the children to use and you can then document what they thought of it and what they did with it. I am sure they won't get too confused.