PDA

View Full Version : Swine Flu symptoms

singlewiththree
02-08-2009, 06:11 AM
Can I just ask I've been searching online and the symptoms of swine flu seem to include a cough, is that an important factor.

I'm sure the hospital would have checked DD out, they did ask if we had been near anyone ill.The problem is she went to her dads for the weekend so I can't be 100% sure as he is very vague. I'm feeling achy, sore throat, lumpy throat, not hungry/thirsty, feel a bit sick and have ear ache, tummy ache and back ache, runny nose. I'm not getting the high temp yet but DD2 is but we don't have coughs is that a crucial factor. Its just I don't want to expose my family any more than they have already.

LittleAcorns
02-08-2009, 06:26 AM
Hi Paula,

sorry to hear youre not feeling well

Ive been onto the direct gov website, they say symptom could include

* fever
* cough
* headache
* weakness and fatigue
* aching muscles and joints
* sore throat
* runny nose

The info I read previously was if you had a temperature of 38 or above and 2 or more of these symptoms to seem advice.

FizzysFriends
02-08-2009, 08:37 AM
It's sudden with flu symptoms don't build up over a couple of days

The Juggler
02-08-2009, 11:32 AM
the cough is a factor and d&v can be. temp above 38 and headache which can't be shifted with medicine/pain relief seem to be strong factor.

get well soon.
xx

ZoeAlli
02-08-2009, 12:49 PM
It's sudden with flu symptoms don't build up over a couple of days

I thought if it was swine flu, it came on suddenly!
If you are unsure have you tried the NHS direct? Surely they should be able to advise you?

I'm sorry you are not well, I hope you and your family feel better soon.

FizzysFriends
02-08-2009, 12:53 PM
I thought if it was swine flu, it came on suddenly!
If you are unsure have you tried the NHS direct? Surely they should be able to advise you?

I'm sorry you are not well, I hope you and your family feel better soon.

Any flu comes on suddenly, colds build up

ORKSIE
02-08-2009, 01:52 PM
There was a sticky on here, "All you need to know about swine flu" but its gone.

deeb66
02-08-2009, 05:47 PM
There was a sticky on here, "All you need to know about swine flu" but its gone.

If you start another one off I will put pin it with a sticky for you :thumbsup:

Dee
xx