PDA

View Full Version : SEF???

daytimedolly
01-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi, Im sorry to ask such a silly question but what is the SEF? Is it the pre-registration from that you fill in before Ofsted visit or is it something else?

deeb66
01-08-2009, 06:36 PM
SEF stands for Self Evaluation Form.

Nowadays it is expected that every day care setting (whether be day care nursery or registered childminder) self evaluates the service they provide and ensure that they are continually improving.

To that end Ofsted has devised the SEF which helps every setting to carry out that evaluation.

It is not compulsory to use but you should be doing some form as evaluation and assessment so it is entirely up to you.

You would only be expected to complete it once you have become registered and even then it would be impossible for you to complete it until you start working with children.

HTH

Dee

daytimedolly
01-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Hiya, thanks for your reply
So should it be in my EYFS pack then? I havent seen anything similar which is why I thought it might be my pre-registration form.
How often do you need to complete them?

Daddy Day Care
01-08-2009, 06:45 PM
SEF stands for Self Evaluation Form.

You would only be expected to complete it once you have become registered and even then it would be impossible for you to complete it until you start working with children.

HTH

Dee

Thats the bonus with nobody wanting me, i dont have to worry about any sef yet :D

deeb66
01-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Hiya, thanks for your reply
So should it be in my EYFS pack then? I havent seen anything similar which is why I thought it might be my pre-registration form.
How often do you need to complete them?

Hi

Once you have become registered Ofsted will send you the details of how to access the form.

Most minders do it on-line but of course you need to have access passwords etc and Ofsted will send you a 'Security Token' and details.

Like all evaluation forms/documents it should be an on-going process and it is considered to be good practice to re-evaluate and update you SEF at least once a year

By the way - welcome to the forum.......dont forget to pop into the hello section and introduce yourself

Dee

deeb66
01-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Thats the bonus with nobody wanting me, i dont have to worry about any sef yet :D

I am sure that someone will want you soon Gareth......just keep hanging on in there I KNOW that it will happen for you :thumbsup:

Dee
xx

Ripeberry
01-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Fingers crossed for you Gareth, i won't slap you with wet fish anymore :p
I've had my SEF log on for ages and i've been on a training course, once i start minding i can actually fill it in...if i can remembe my log on :eek:

v 1461
03-08-2009, 06:08 AM
hello,
SEF is a questionnaire which will take you about 40 hours to fill !!!!!!!!!!! Sorry about that............

liza
06-08-2009, 01:10 PM
As other's have said it's a self evaluation form that ofsted 'suggest' you fill in.
This is once you're registered and I believe it's only once you actually have children (almost impossible to do without mindee's).

Here's the link below

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Care-and-local-services/Childcare/Inspection/Forms-to-complete

To complete it online you need an Ofsted Security Token (OST) which ofsted say you will be sent, but I didn't get one so have phoned and it's now in the post. Or you can download it, fill it in and post it to them.

Liz

carebear25
27-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Just requested my OST, lets hope it doesnt prompt an inspection ??? :panic: :panic:

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
28-08-2009, 07:50 AM
hello,
SEF is a questionnaire which will take you about 40 hours to fill !!!!!!!!!!! Sorry about that............

lol i know what you mean:panic: , mines seems to be taken forever to complete. I think it would be another 40hrs if i didnt have the e-book i brought from sarah707, real help:thumbsup: !

jaja
28-08-2009, 08:04 AM
think they may have forgotton to send me mine....:panic: :panic: never mind will ring them next week......