PDA

View Full Version : confused

mummyroysof3
01-08-2009, 03:25 PM
hi, this might be long but need some advise

i got registered last september but am not starting till this november:laughing:

when ofsted came out to do my pre reg visit she wouldnt register my garden and a extension we have on the back of the house as we were doing some work on them which is still not completed(thats another story)

anyway i want to start advertising places from mid november but am worried i wont get anyone because of this.

we are doing some work but wont be finished by november i dont think, how would i go about adding them on to my registration if ive already had my inspection by then?

has anyone ever had a similar problem?

any help any one can give would be great

charlotte x

gigglinggoblin
01-08-2009, 03:32 PM
I didnt register my garden at first because it was full of building waste. When you want to register it take a load of photos, put them in a word document with a description if you think necessary. Do a risk assessment. You can then either post it off or email it to enquiries@ofsted address, mine took about 4 weeks to come back. They said I avioded having an inspector come round because I put so much info in the letter so well worth it! You have to sign your application, if you are emailing it scan your signature if you can and put it on too.

mummyroysof3
01-08-2009, 03:52 PM
did it put people off you not having a garden? its very quiet round here at the moment and the minders who are already set up have gardens and im worried it will put me at a disadvantage before i even start

charlotte x

Spangles
01-08-2009, 04:26 PM
I've not had this problem but I can't see why it would put people off?

As long as they are aware that the mindees will not be in any danger as they can't enter the garden then that should be fine - have risk assessment on this. Also, mention alternatives that you will do for outside activities like walks, local parks, playgrounds, etc.

As long as you address this with the parents and make it plain it's all under control I can't see why it would make any difference at all. Well, it wouldn't to me anyway!

miffy
01-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Are there any parks or countryside near you where you can take the children so they can play outdoors and get some exercise.

If you can show parents you have thought of other options and not being able to use the garden is only a temporary thing then I wouldn't think it will put parents off.

Miffy xx

jeanybeany
01-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Good advice already given. I didn't have my garden registered at first as we are doing it up (and still are in some areas). Parents were fine with this, when I said the alternatives (parks etc) and explained how the work would benefit the children eventually.:D