PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to use a ready-bed?

Cazz
31-07-2009, 11:29 PM
The inflatable ones that Argos sell for mindees to have their naps in? Will Ofsted approve of it?

I don't really want other children to use my dd's cot so I have a travel cot for babies but am thinking of getting a ready bed for children too old for a cot, or is there a better alternative?

Carole x

Cammie Doodle
01-08-2009, 07:13 AM
I know what you mean about others using your DD cot/ child's bed , I dont need one at the moment but I would use one of these if the need arose. I'm sure others on here use them. They will be along later with advise I'm sure.:)

helenlc
01-08-2009, 07:21 AM
I would imagine Ofsted would deem the children to be safer sleeping in one of these on the floor than on the sofa.

I just have one little one who sleeps in the travel cot, so not an issue just yet. If I had a child that was too big for a travel cot but had regular naps, I would invest in one.

jaz
01-08-2009, 07:44 AM
I would think that it would be ok as its what nurseries use.

Tinglesnark
01-08-2009, 08:18 AM
i was thinking this alsoyou can get cute ones too cant you? i keep meaning to get one for charlie...it'd be nice if each child had their own ready bed wouldnt it? they store really well too x

sarah32
01-08-2009, 08:30 AM
I use ready beds for 2 of my mindee;s, they each have their own and they love it:)

littletreasures
01-08-2009, 08:54 AM
I've used a readybed in the past.

It's great. The sleeping bag part can be easily washed as well:)

rickysmiths
01-08-2009, 09:23 AM
I have two ready beds for my mindees. They think they are great. I can't see why Ofsted would object. The covers come off so they are easy to wash and at the end of the day they fold away into a bag.

FizzysFriends
01-08-2009, 09:58 AM
I have a ready bed, its been well used and is still going strong as long as you push the air stopper in well else it goes down. It was only a cheapy.

ps if you didn't know they come in 2 sizes so worth looking out for the right size, one is toddler size one bigger.

Cazz
01-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks for your replies, that's a great help. :thumbsup:

Just got to keep my eyes peeled for a reasonably priced one now :D

Carole x

jaz
02-08-2009, 07:15 AM
Good luck in your search, let us know how you got on

J

Helen Dempster
02-08-2009, 04:44 PM
I have a Bob The Builder ready bed and it was such a great buy (and so easy to inflate/deflate). I actually showed it to Ofsted the day I was inspected and she was more than happy for it to be used. She said she'd not seen them before and what a good idea they were :)

twiggy
02-08-2009, 05:56 PM
I have a Dora the Explorer ready bed for the 3 year old I mind, she is to big for the cot now but sometimes needs an afternoon nap. I put it up in my front room and she is always happy to sleep in it.