PDA

View Full Version : Returned Cheque - having a moan

Lily Grace
31-07-2009, 04:53 PM
One of my after-school mums paid me by cheque weekly I look after E term time only. This was a bit of a pain as she was always forgetting her cheque book so I asked her if she used internet banking so she could transfer the money straight into my account. Sometimes these payments were late and I have had to text her to remind her to pay me!! Towards the end of term I hadn't been paid for a couple of weeks so I text her again and she apologises and tells me she will transfer money tonight. Checked my account a couple of days later no money and she has gone on holiday so I couldn't contact her then a cheque arrives in post saying "sorry my internet was down". Well today the cheque that I paid in has been sent back with a letter saying Payment Stopped - Theft Reported on the cheque. I am not happy!!

Pipsqueak
31-07-2009, 04:58 PM
oh thats not good:(

I would inform her that due to several incidences where payment has not been received you will only be accepting cash in advance for the week now.
I would also be adding late fees as well.

zillervalley
31-07-2009, 05:02 PM
ahh so sorry , this happened to me a few years ago, £245-00 i was furious

I asked for cash to be brought the day after, mindees mam didnt arrive the next morning with mindees

i do hope you get your money

ziller

Alibali
31-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Not good news at all, hope you have enough to tide you by, they just don't seem to understand that we have bills to pay too:angry:

No more cheques!

deeb66
31-07-2009, 05:44 PM
I am sorry to hear this.

As others have said it might be better to get the money in advance in the future and insist on cash.

Oh and as Pip says......add on late fee's as well.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
31-07-2009, 05:49 PM
So sorry to hear that, I try now to get parents to pay in advance as this has happend to me.

Hope you get your money.

~Chelle~
31-07-2009, 06:36 PM
These people make me so mad:angry:

Do they contact their mortgage company and say that they cant pay them this month or all their household bills? But they think it is ok to not pay us because they think we wont mind and that we can wait.

I would love for their bosses to not pay them their wages and make them wait a week or month for their wages and see how they like that:clapping:

FussyElmo
31-07-2009, 06:43 PM
The cheque was returned because of theft reported on it. So it didnt just bounce she must have stopped it.

Think I would ne ringing NCMA if your with them to query the situation.

Tatjana
31-07-2009, 07:48 PM
She's got a cheek and then some, grrrrrrr:angry:

xx

Minstrel
31-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Has she lost her cheque book and had them all stopped or do you think she is trying to get out of paying you?

jibberjitz
31-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Oh no! Hope you get it sorted!

Lily Grace
01-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi I am only guessing that the cheque book was reported stolen so all the cheques have been stopped. The mum is on holiday so I cant speak to her to sort it out. She didn't pay me before she left so it is now about 4 weeks money she owes me now.

Twinkles
01-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Well it sound like she did it deliberately so she could fob you off about the money. If it had really been stolen she would have come round with the cash before she went on holiday full of apologies.
I hope you will charge her late fees.

Lily Grace
01-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Some chance of her coming round with cash before her hols, I dont think mums realise that you have to pay bills and I am not working for a bit of pocket money for myself!!

fionamal
01-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Whitther she is on holiday or not I would still be inclined to contact her and let her now the situation and that she will be paying a late payment fee ontop of her fees.

peanuts
01-08-2009, 11:10 AM
i would contact her and let her know that the bank has informed you about the cheque being stopped. Ask her to arrange with her bank to transfer the money to your account, she can do this by phone even if she is on her holidays. inconvenience her just like she has inconvenienced you.

tammerisk
01-08-2009, 03:36 PM
I dont think mums realise that you have to pay bills and I am not working for a bit of pocket money for myself!!

i have a parents like this!!!!
in april she payed me by two cheques and i havd to return them as she put the wrong last name and then i told her when i would be putting them in the bank and when they would clear but they still bounced £480 and i had to wait for nearly 7 weeks for all the money to be paid