PDA

View Full Version : fire guard kinda!

Rubybubbles
31-07-2009, 01:20 PM
http://www.thebabycatalogue.com/prodinfo.asp?number=J0003&variation=

I don't want a ugly big fire guard, but like this as my egdes are very sharp, and have a 9 month old starting next week

anyone review? or got any other ideas

cuffleygirl
31-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Hi

I have a big ugly fireguard the advantage with it is it can moved easily when mindee's aren't here. Would the tapes on this one warp with heat and is sticky still sticky (ie. safe) having been gently warmed by the fire? Thank heavens its August I'd shop around a bit won't need the heating for a few weeks!

Blaze
31-07-2009, 01:27 PM
I have this - just make sure you buy corners too - GLTC - had it on sale last week:thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
31-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi

I have a big ugly fireguard the advantage with it is it can moved easily when mindee's aren't here. Would the tapes on this one warp with heat and is sticky still sticky (ie. safe) having been gently warmed by the fire? Thank heavens its August I'd shop around a bit won't need the heating for a few weeks!

I don't use the fire (I am too tight lol)

My lounge not to wide and the big fire thing would take over!;) thanks though x

FussyElmo
31-07-2009, 02:13 PM
I like it I would get this if I needed a fire guard doesnt intrude in your living room :)

youarewhatyoueat
31-07-2009, 04:25 PM
I only use our fire in the evenings or the weekend so no need for a guard that needs attaching.Its just a treat on a cold evening, be lighting it next week then !!!! Lol

Alibali
31-07-2009, 05:15 PM
I use pipe lagging which is a similar idea but cheaper and it slips on and off without the need for sticky tape:thumbsup:

sweets
31-07-2009, 05:17 PM
I use pipe lagging which is a similar idea but cheaper and it slips on and off without the need for sticky tape:thumbsup:

What a good idea:idea: :idea:
Only prob though, do the babies not have a chew on it?

Helen79
31-07-2009, 05:31 PM
I don't like the idea of the rubber edging as I worried about them standing on the fireplace, slipping & still banging their heads on the hard fireplace.

We ended up taking our fireplace out as we never used the fire & the fireguard was taking up too much room & looked awful.

Cammie Doodle
01-08-2009, 09:58 AM
I knew another childminder who used pipe lagging for years on all sharp corners in her home and it seemed to worked really well . I omly have a very small hearth and I use corner bumpers on it (the see through ones)

nannymcflea
01-08-2009, 06:01 PM
I use my chair cushions on mine,line them all up so the hearth is covered. OFSTED know this, I put it on my SEF and they had no problems.

Cammie Doodle
01-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Ofsted seem happy if you see a prob and rectify it