PDA

View Full Version : 4 hours of Monopoly

Chatterbox Childcare
31-07-2009, 11:44 AM
We have played today for 4 hours and I have given up and left 2 of them to fight it out...

miffy
31-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Funny how Monopoly keeps them entertained isn't it?

Some of mine played all Tuesday afternoon - bliss!

Miffy xx

Bazza
31-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Im a "Play to the end" kind of guy when it comes to Monopoly. I either win by sheer economic power, or everyone just leaves.

Ok, so i win because everyone else quits after an hour, but its still a win!!!:p

I love Monopoly!

sweets
31-07-2009, 11:59 AM
the children don't like playing monoply with me as I PLAY TO WIN! i am ruthless at it and don't even let them off a £1. lol. I love it when the game goes on for ages and i won't let them give in until i have won:laughing:

peanuts
31-07-2009, 12:19 PM
when my son and his friend plays it always ends up with heated discussions, they way they play just ruins it for me they are too competative.

Tatjana
31-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Hubby tells me i'm too competitive :blush:

xx

ajs
31-07-2009, 04:07 PM
i can't bare monoploy it is so boring but i do love playing scrabble with my kids

zillervalley
31-07-2009, 04:08 PM
GAMES ARE GREAT FOR THE HOLIDAYS

ZILER

Playmate
31-07-2009, 04:25 PM
I hate board games, hated them as a child and tried to get my own children to play them, but they hate them too! still I suppose life would be boring if we were all the same :laughing:

helenlc
31-07-2009, 05:28 PM
My son has a Star Wars Clone Wars version of Monopoly. We played it the other night after dinner and then had to carry on the next day!! I won as DS ran out of money!! Ha ha!!

A nice simple and quick board game we have is Candyland - we got given it in America but I think you can get it here. Kids just need to be able to count the spaces forward and recognise the same colours.

Bazza
31-07-2009, 06:37 PM
the children don't like playing monoply with me as I PLAY TO WIN! i am ruthless at it and don't even let them off a £1. lol. I love it when the game goes on for ages and i won't let them give in until i have won:laughing:

Hehehe. You and me should NEVER play Monopoly....
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/emprs_palpatine/smilies/wave2/fight3.gif

sweets
31-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Hehehe. You and me should NEVER play Monopoly....
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/emprs_palpatine/smilies/wave2/fight3.gif

ooh shame we can't play online!! but I WOULD WIN!!!!:angry: :angry: lol

venus89
31-07-2009, 06:51 PM
ooh shame we can't play online!! but I WOULD WIN!!!!:angry: :angry: lol

There is an online monopoly - I've seen it advertised on Facebook but never tried as addicted enough to Scrabble.....

We shall have to ask Pauline if we can have a CM forum Monopoly tournament - I love Monopoly :D

Daddy Day Care
31-07-2009, 06:55 PM
There is an online monopoly - I've seen it advertised on Facebook but never tried as addicted enough to Scrabble.....

We shall have to ask Pauline if we can have a CM forum Monopoly tournament - I love Monopoly :D

Im addicted to tons of games on facebook, not sure if your on my facebook or not venus forgot who most of you are on here :blush: :blush: But if I am invite me to a game of scrabble would enjoy beating you :D

venus89
31-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Im addicted to tons of games on facebook, not sure if your on my facebook or not venus forgot who most of you are on here :blush: :blush: But if I am invite me to a game of scrabble would enjoy beating you :D

You're on - I'm Ali Hicks on Facebook - I'm on the CM group there.

Daddy Day Care
31-07-2009, 06:58 PM
You're on - I'm Ali Hicks on Facebook - I'm on the CM group there.

Ok noted down so ill remember this time, need to get a diray and write you all down

Gareth
xx

Daddy Day Care
31-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Sorry read that wrong, when you said your on I thoguht you meant I was on your list, just wnet to invite you to a game but couldnt find you. Will now go to find you to add you then invite you

sweets
31-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Yes but how would i cheat? i usually insist on being banker and try to slip an extra £500 under my side of the board!!! couldn't do that onlline:)

jibberjitz
31-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Wow fab - I love board games :)

sue
31-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Yes but how would i cheat? i usually insist on being banker and try to slip an extra £500 under my side of the board!!! couldn't do that onlline:)

shame on you:panic: :panic: :panic:

(l do the same :D )

Bazza
01-08-2009, 09:08 AM

Nothing like adding a bit of realism to a game based on the property/banking industry...!

Oh, and Sweets, thats fighting talk!:laughing:

sweets
01-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Nothing like adding a bit of realism to a game based on the property/banking industry...!

Oh, and Sweets, thats fighting talk!:laughing:

lol as a teenager i did want to work in a bank at one point! shame i didn't do it, i would be loaded now,or in prison!!:laughing:

Bazza
01-08-2009, 05:34 PM
lol as a teenager i did want to work in a bank at one point! shame i didn't do it, i would be loaded now,or in prison!!:laughing:

LOL! I once applied for a job as an estate agent. They said i lacked experience. I never put Monopoly playing on the application though.

Looking at the way the housing market hs gone in the 15 years since, im glad i didnt get the job!

deeb66
01-08-2009, 06:53 PM
I hate Monopoly!

but love playing other board games/games......also love playing cards

Dee
xx

Chatterbox Childcare
01-08-2009, 09:23 PM
I love Monopoly but DH won't play as I beat him all the time.

shellib
02-08-2009, 07:14 AM
This game will always be one of my favourite all time board games!!
:laughing:

mum22
02-08-2009, 08:14 AM
I love monopoly on a wet sunday afternoon, i have always had to be the little dog ever since i was young:laughing:

Minstrel
02-08-2009, 08:21 AM
I love monopoly on a wet sunday afternoon, i have always had to be the little dog ever since i was young:laughing:

I like being the car.... and then I pretend to drive aronud the board and park!

:laughing:

Of course i'm joking :blush:

Daddy Day Care
02-08-2009, 08:45 AM

Snap, and i always have the dog standing on its nose :blush:

emler
02-08-2009, 08:55 AM
I'm beginning to worry about you now :panic:

Cammie Doodle
02-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Hubby hates it, but loves Scrabble, mind you since he started to play on the computer we never play the board game :(

Bazza
02-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Got to be the boat im afraid. Aim high i say. Not that i like the water much...

Might get it for my Nintendo DS now....

So does everyone play the "free parking rule" where all the taxes from chance and community chest cards go to the middle of the board till someone lands on free parking? Not in the rules, but it adds that element of luck to the game...

sweets
02-08-2009, 12:29 PM

So does everyone play the "free parking rule" where all the taxes from chance and community chest cards go to the middle of the board till someone lands on free parking? Not in the rules, but it adds that element of luck to the game...

yes we do that and we get £400 instead of £200 if you land on the go space!

rickysmiths
02-08-2009, 12:30 PM

We do! :clapping: :clapping: and we get £400 if we land on 'Go'

Anyone got Mega Monopoly? Its the same as the original but each set has an extra so 3 or 4 in a set, there are 4 Utilities and you can develop the stations. You can also put Skyscrappers on after the Hotel and the rents are also sky high!!! Dh doesn't like it but the rest of us do.

My dd also has the Cornwall Addition which is fun for a change.

I always have the iron.

We play lots of board games and card games. Always on the look out for new games.

Anyone got Mexican Train Dominoes?

We love Up Words as a change from Scrabble.

Rummikub the Words and Numbers ones

Orthello

Sorry

Uno and Uno Extreme and the Doctor Who version (dd is addicted to Dr Who)

Whot- a card game similar to Uno that I played with my grandparents as a child and dicovered in a shop a couple of years ago.

Buccaneer

Totopoly a racing game, you train your horses first and then race them.

Anyone remember Kensington? The award wining board game in the mid 70s

Bazza
02-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Oh, looks like i have been missing out on this 400 for passing "Go"! Im owed a lot of back money!!! (All that dipping the bank was justified!)

I have also played Uno Extreme and thats really good too. Get a few people together and it all starts nice and civilised but you soon see what people are really like when they can do their fellow players a dis-service.

I love it!:)

Chatterbox Childcare
04-08-2009, 10:29 AM
What is the difference between Uno and Extreme Uno?

rickysmiths
04-08-2009, 12:09 PM
What is the difference between Uno and Extreme Uno?

Uno is the basic card game.

Uno Extreme comes with a battery operated card dispenser. You load the card into it afer you have dealt. The card which in the card game ask you to pick up extras will tell you to press the button once, twice or until some cards come out. That is the fun, sometimes you get no cards and the next time it will shoot out loads. When we moved, we had had our kitchen table next to a double radiator. When I was cleaning the empty flat I found some cards behind the radiator. They shoot out quite far, the children and adults love it. :laughing: :laughing:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000205XH/80000866-21/?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE