PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that the children watch too much tv at home?

tulip0803
31-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Went to a wildlife park the other day and the children shouted

"Oh look Meerkat.coms!":laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
31-07-2009, 11:49 AM
That says it all!

Rubybubbles
31-07-2009, 11:52 AM
haha:laughing:

I feel awful as my children (and mindies) don't watch my tv really, maybe 15 mins before home time

Yet on my day off or evening I am on the web

kettle, black:blush:

Pipsqueak
31-07-2009, 11:53 AM
my 3yr old mindee thinks milk comes from Asda! won't have it that it comes from cows first:rolleyes:

Roseolivia
31-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Went to a wildlife park the other day and the children shouted

"Oh look Meerkat.coms!":laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

I think i let Rose watch too much tv but after working all day it keeps her occupied while i do jobs etc.... Morning tv she watches while i get ready, night tv she watches while having bedtime routine milk etc

She loves being outside though and if she has a choice would go outside unless Peppa is on

Hebs
31-07-2009, 01:33 PM
my 3yr old mindee thinks milk comes from Asda! won't have it that it comes from cows first:rolleyes:

my son's milk doesn't come from cows :thumbsup:

mushpea
31-07-2009, 01:42 PM
we dont watch any tv during the day because three of the children i look after just wont sit and watch it which annoys the other 4 becasue they dance about in their way, to me the tv is there to sit and watch so as they would play with it on i just dont bother with it.
my two then watch about an hour before bed upstairs and at weekends we watch a bit more.

Tatjana
31-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Mine don't watch too much, we monitor it so they don't become couch potatoes! A about half hour(15 mins when going to school) in the morning, then an hour before bedtime.

I don't like it when people have their tvs on in the background all the time when no -one is really watching it.

xx

Hebs
31-07-2009, 03:17 PM
you know it's true when they say..........

Elevator insted of lift
Trash insted of rubbish
Diaper insted of nappy

:rolleyes: this is my son ALL the time :blush:

LOOPYLISA
31-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Mine don't watch too much, we monitor it so they don't become couch potatoes! A about half hour(15 mins when going to school) in the morning, then an hour before bedtime.

I don't like it when people have their tvs on in the background all the time when no -one is really watching it.

xx

Oh i hate that, im alway turning it of when hubbys 'watching' it :laughing:

Tinglesnark
31-07-2009, 03:54 PM
ooooh i hate the quiet and always have my tv or radio on...you'd hate me hahah! charlie adores the tv and i dont see any reason why they cant sit and watch it...charlie fnips in and out of the garden and stands and has a bit of a watch on his way to his next task! lol

im a great believer in everything in moderation and as i dont deprive myself of these guilty little pleasures i dont see why i should do so with my kiddies haha!

simples!

;)

Zoomie
31-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Well my children watch too far much tv.

DH puts the tv on the second his eye's open in the morning .... and it is on all day, and night too :angry:

BUT I am so proud of my boys this school holiday, as I have only just started minding, but the tv goes off at 8am, and only goes on again when mindees have gone (usually 4pm) except for maybe half an hour, when I am putting the LOs down for their naps.

LeeAnn
31-07-2009, 06:02 PM
simples!

;)

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

brilliant!

I am a bit confused with the tv thing while minding. MY DS loves the TV (and would be a true couch potato) and my DD hardly watches it. But if it is on in the day then I try to keep it to cbeebies due to no advertising etc. My DS is 10 so I don't think everything he watches is totally appropriate for the under 5s that I look after.
Although I do feel like it is on too much in the holidays. I wouldnt say any of the kids are glued to it but I dont feel 100% comfortable with it being on all the time . see I told you I was confused, I am sure I will find my feet with it and then they will all be back to school and playgroup soon so it wont be such a long day here for them

tulip0803
31-07-2009, 07:45 PM
I am a bit confused with the tv thing while minding. MY DS loves the TV (and would be a true couch potato) and my DD hardly watches it. But if it is on in the day then I try to keep it to cbeebies due to no advertising etc. My DS is 10 so I don't think everything he watches is totally appropriate for the under 5s that I look after.
Although I do feel like it is on too much in the holidays. I wouldnt say any of the kids are glued to it but I dont feel 100% comfortable with it being on all the time . see I told you I was confused, I am sure I will find my feet with it and then they will all be back to school and playgroup soon so it wont be such a long day here for them

I don't ban the TV when I am minding but I do not have one in the main room I use and we are normally having too much fun to bother with it.

Having said that I do put it on after lunchtime for DD2 as she attends a Welsh speaking school and the Planed Plant Bach - children's Welsh programmes - are on otherwise she will get back to school and have forgotten it all as my Welsh is limited. But my only mindees this holiday are 1 & 11, so the 1 year old is not bothered and the 11 year old would rather play or make something:)

singingcactus
02-08-2009, 03:40 PM
ooooh i hate the quiet and always have my tv or radio on...you'd hate me hahah! charlie adores the tv and i dont see any reason why they cant sit and watch it...charlie fnips in and out of the garden and stands and has a bit of a watch on his way to his next task! lol

im a great believer in everything in moderation and as i dont deprive myself of these guilty little pleasures i dont see why i should do so with my kiddies haha!

simples!

;)

:D :D This is our house too. I HATE the silence, I even put the fan on at night just for the noise, in winter hubby has to suck it up and throw on an extra blanket hehe, I just can't sleep in the quiet.