PDA

View Full Version : OMG I feel so nervous today is my first official day of minding

Bitsy Beans
31-07-2009, 05:38 AM
title says it all. My stomach is churning I feel so nervous.
I know I can have fun with my mindee (after settling in session she didn't want to go home LOL) but I am getting my knickers in a twist over obs and planning. I feel so out of my depth with it all. I know I've done this sort of planning in my head with my own kids but it's the fact that it's formalised my mind suddenly goes blank :o

Oh my word I hope this feeling doesn't last for long :eek:

Roseolivia
31-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Good luck and don't worry about obs etc, let her settle in first. Your obs only need to be snapshots not long essays. There's plenty of people on here that will help if you need any

deeb66
31-07-2009, 07:25 AM
I agree

Don't worry about obs etc at the moment I would use the next couple of weeks to get her settled in before you think about anything like that.

Dee
xxx

Gizmo
31-07-2009, 07:35 AM
Hope you have a good day relax and enjoy it :thumbsup:

Bitsy Beans
31-07-2009, 07:38 AM
Thanks all. I am a one for building things up in my head when in reality they perhaps aren't going to be as hard as I imagine :o

She's only with me one day a week so it's not exactly taxing like a full time job. Still we're going to have fun, as long as my lovely daughter who is 12 months old doesn't start turning into a drama queen! Is she demanding? Is the pope catholic...............:rolleyes:

childmind04
31-07-2009, 07:44 AM
relax :)

your obs are what you are finding out about your new mindee, likes, personality, etc then when you are both settled in a few weeks use these things to plan and extend their learning :)

enjoy your day

Tatjana
31-07-2009, 03:21 PM
I hope it's going well and I bet your nerves disappeared very quickly!

xx

childmind04
31-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Hope you enjoyed your day :)

Bitsy Beans
31-07-2009, 05:49 PM
I survived :clapping:
mindee had a couple of wobbles where she wanted to go home (think she was tired really) but all in all it went very well. Were really lucky to be able to go in the garden for a few hours. She's an outdoor girl like my son thankfully.

Didn't want to go home again so I take that as a good sign. Shall be gutted come the day when she does!!

She was really fussy bout meal though, had to give her something else for dinner and she was reluctant to eat sandwich for tea. If this carries on will need to formulate a plan if campaign with her mum.
Am beat though, mind you my own kids had me up from 5.45am this morning anyway :eek:

deeb66
31-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Glad to hear that all went well today.

Now you can sit down with your feet up and have a glass of wine to wind down :thumbsup:

Dee
xx

Zoomie
31-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Glad to hear that your first day went well.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I was physcially ill a few minutes before my mindees arrived. Nerves.

jibberjitz
31-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Glad it went well :thumbsup:

childmind04
31-07-2009, 08:49 PM
sounds like a good start :)

The Juggler
02-08-2009, 09:26 AM
I survived :clapping:

She was really fussy bout meal though, had to give her something else for dinner and she was reluctant to eat sandwich for tea. If this carries on will need to formulate a plan if campaign with her mum.
Am beat though, mind you my own kids had me up from 5.45am this morning anyway :eek:

I remember that most of my mindees who have started as 2-3 years old or more were all so fussy about their food. Now I have found out what they actually do like, they know they are expected to eat it or do without treats. They become a lot less fussy I promise.

Bitsy Beans
02-08-2009, 10:04 AM
I remember that most of my mindees who have started as 2-3 years old or more were all so fussy about their food. Now I have found out what they actually do like, they know they are expected to eat it or do without treats. They become a lot less fussy I promise.

This is my problem. I don't want to make her more fussy by offering her alternatives when she won't eat whats presented. However with it being her first day I didn't want to rock the boat and upset her too much.

I've asked her parents what she likes and they said most things..........

The Juggler
02-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Then I would just persevere. I don't offer alternatives at mealtimes, they eat what's there. But, maybe figure out general preferences over first few weeks and stick to those that go down better.

Maybe ask her what she does like, or, I used to say, 'mummy says you like x, what is it you don't like?'. Also, lo's get confused with 'I don't like x' and 'I just don't fancy eating that today' usually using the former :o . . I tell them, you do like that, but if you don't want to eat it today, that's fine but there won't be a pudding.

I know some of mine like wholemeal bread but not granary for example. Some of mine only like tinned corn when they started but I only used frozen. Now they are used to the taste and eat it but I have to admit the two taste very different. So it might just take some time.

Good luck