PDA

View Full Version : what do you put in your journal?

v 1461
30-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Hello,

What sort of things do you put in your journal?
I put the observations ( 2or 3 per month), some pictures/drawing that children made, the EYFS progress form. what else??
I don't do planning but hope that 3 observations per month is enough to show I use the EYFS!!!
When the child's contract is finish do you copy some of his journal for your record (to show ofsted your work)??
Because if the journal goes that's all the proves gone.
Do you see what I mean?
thank you

venus89
30-07-2009, 08:11 PM
All of those, yes, plus next steps, how it ties in with the EYFS
I send their boks away with them because I like to hope I'll always have some other children with me so I'll always have some journals on the go to show Mrs Ofsted

I do do planning - ot doesn't have to be huge but tbh it saves time in the long run. You'renot waking up thinking 'what shall I do today' because there's already a rough - and flexible - plan in place xx

sarah707
30-07-2009, 08:22 PM
The learning journey goes home with the child... Ofsted won't want to see them for children who have left anyway.

Think of every one you do as a practice run for the one Ofsted will inspect :D

purple rain
11-08-2009, 07:05 AM
you could just add a portfolio of your setting.... adding pictures of past and present mindees, links to eyfs. also you could add certificates you have gained, CRB, Car insurence etc. this will be usefull in so many ways really, especially on inspection day, prospective new parents, self evaluation......

funny how i get these ideas and haven't even done them myself!!! :laughing: