PDA

View Full Version : running a creche

julie w
30-07-2009, 07:48 PM
I have been approached by someone who works for a local football team. They asked my advice because they want to run a creche for the footballer players children. It will be for 4 hours every other week during the football season. I love the idea but none of us know where to start, and also if I worked for them would my ratio of children be the same as childminding. They approached the council who said they would need to register as a permanent nursery, but thats not what they want. Can anyone point me in the right direction for advice. Any info would be gladly received. Thankyou .xx.Julie.x.

Minstrel
30-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Not sure... maybe try OFSTED's website?

jeanybeany
30-07-2009, 07:53 PM
I would contact the local Early years unit they may be able to point you in the right direction. Sorry I don't really know.:D

Helen79
30-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Not sure if it'll be the same ratios but when I've worked in day nurseries & creches the ratio has been 1 adult to 3 children for under 3's & 1:8 for over 3's

I'd love to do something like this on my day off. They used to run a creche at the leisure centre but it was on at the same time as the baby swimming lessons so no one used it :rolleyes:

Do you live near the training ground? Could you & a few other cm collect them & take them back to your house so you're still cm.

Hope you find the info you need.

sarah707
30-07-2009, 08:19 PM
I think I am right... if it's over 2 hours a session then it must be registered with Ofsted.

When I ran a creche it was 1 to 3 ratio but I'd check that as it was before Eyfs and Childcare Register came in.

Hth :D

Tired
30-07-2009, 08:21 PM
speak to ofsted, or look at their website. There is a form called "do I need to register" or something like that. It takes you through a set of questions to help you decide how to proceed.

try this

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Exemption-notification-form-for-childcare-that-is-exempt-from-compulsory-registration

looks like it might come under section 12

but i seem to remember a different form that i had posted to me by OFSTED.

julie w
30-07-2009, 09:24 PM
speak to ofsted, or look at their website. There is a form called "do I need to register" or something like that. It takes you through a set of questions to help you decide how to proceed.

try this

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Exemption-notification-form-for-childcare-that-is-exempt-from-compulsory-registration

looks like it might come under section 12

but i seem to remember a different form that i had posted to me by OFSTED.thankyou. Thats perfect.x.