PDA

View Full Version : Chad valley

Winnie
30-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Have turned up at Argos, lovely to see them back :)

Minstrel
30-07-2009, 07:01 PM
:( :( Thats sad.

Winnie
30-07-2009, 07:04 PM
:( :( Thats sad.

:o what- that i'm pleased to see them back .....;)

Minstrel
30-07-2009, 07:10 PM
No sorry I didn't mean it at you!

I lost my job at Woolworths this year and makes me sad that nobody wanted to help them out and buy them back then but now everyone (argos etc) seem quite happy to pick apart all the pieces and make some money off the brand name that Woolworths built up.

Sorry, dear to my heart and I'm soppy and sentimental about Woolies :(

jeanybeany
30-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Ummm yes but nice they are back they are good toys with a nice price tag. Ladybird clothing is in the Littlewoods Catalogue online as well.

Winnie
30-07-2009, 07:19 PM
No sorry I didn't mean it at you!

I lost my job at Woolworths this year and makes me sad that nobody wanted to help them out and buy them back then but now everyone (argos etc) seem quite happy to pick apart all the pieces and make some money off the brand name that Woolworths built up.

Sorry, dear to my heart and I'm soppy and sentimental about Woolies :(

close to my heart too :) my sister-in-law worked there for years and i loved our woolies. i'm glad you found childminding after it went- hope your going ok now :thumbsup:

Minstrel
30-07-2009, 07:24 PM
close to my heart too :) my sister-in-law worked there for years and i loved our woolies. i'm glad you found childminding after it went- hope your going ok now :thumbsup:

Oh yes I'm fine now thanks and very happy with my new found career!

Sorry to bring a downer on your lovely post!

And I love Chad Valley toys! :thumbsup:

louise
30-07-2009, 07:26 PM
I sooo miss Woolies. Ds still asks when is it opening again. I hate having to trek to town to get presents and that now. Even that is hard now as there is no big woolies. We only have elc, wilkos, one other shop, bhs and debenhams that sell kids stuff. Christmas is going to be a pain now. I must admit i did like seeing the chad valley bits in argos. Still isn't the same as going to Woolies lots done in there.

Playmate
30-07-2009, 07:40 PM
I soooo miss woolies, the estate I live on has a small precinct of shops that aren't much cop, however until Xmas when they all closed we did have a decent woolies. This afternoon a I took one of my mindees to the launderette to wash a duvet (as you do :D ) and while it was washing we took a walk to the library and as I walked past the empty shop I did feel very sad, as this had always been the place we would have killed 30 mins if you needed to. Still i suppose the library was more educational :laughing:

littlesprogs
30-07-2009, 07:47 PM
The woolworths near me (Boston) has re-opened apparently i havent been into town yet so havent seen if its the same or not.

I used to work for woolies aswell as did my mum for many many years she now works for tesco and has done for about 3 years but she knew for about 5 years that they were going downhill and would eventually be made to close. I do miss there toys though and the clothes there isnt many other shops in our town where you can get nice cheap kids clothes.

RainbowMum
30-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Did you know Orchard Toys make the Chad valley stuff?

sophiestars
30-07-2009, 09:03 PM
I really miss Woolies, so does my 5 year old, every time we walk past we say to each other we miss it - how sad lol!! Ours is being made into a Boots which most people in the town think is a bit boring they could have used it for something better. We have 2 Boots that are going to go into one big one. I wanted a Primark or Gap or something!!!

Woolworths is now back online though, selling all the stuff they used to pretty much, and have just started selling Ladybird clothing again.

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
30-07-2009, 09:10 PM
mines being made into an icelands, It not untill its gone that i realised how much i used it x

madasahatter
30-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Our woolies along with several other big names still lie empty in our town centre. I miss woolies!!!