PDA

View Full Version : Hairy Back

Daddy Day Care
30-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Hello All

When my daughter was born she was incredibly hairy, her back was coverd in hair, we was told this was baby hair and that it would dissapear.

Shes comming upto 5 now and starts school in September and the hair on her back hasnt gone at all. It doesnt bother her at all but other kids can be so mean even at a young age I hate the thought of her being picked on because of this.

Anyone else had hairy girls? anyone know of anything we could do to help this?

Gareth
xx

sarahlou
30-07-2009, 05:50 PM
my daughter isthe same - she has a hairy back - how odd:) \didnt even think of her in school we dont even notice its there anymore oh no something else to worry about she starts school too in sept:panic:

Mollymop
30-07-2009, 05:50 PM
I would try not to worry about it until it becomes a big deal with your DD, hopefully it won't. She is still quite young and might be still the down from being a baby.

She is dark haired, I remember from you're picture and a lot of dark haired children have "downy" hair. My sisters are dark and both had noticable hair on there bodies until they were older.

I really don't think you have much to worry about, unless, like I said she becomes worried about it herself.

It is natural. xx

Daddy Day Care
30-07-2009, 05:51 PM
my daughter isthe same - she has a hairy back - how odd:) \didnt even think of her in school we dont even notice its there anymore oh no something else to worry about she starts school too in sept:panic:

Ooops sorry didnt mean to make anyone else worry

Tatjana
30-07-2009, 05:52 PM
My eldest ds is like this, obviously not a girl, it doesn't bother him, I don't really notice. Dh made a comment about it to him the other day and ds went running to the mirror, well I had a go at dh not to mention it again and just leave it be!

I don't have any advice sorry.:blush:

xx

Daddy Day Care
30-07-2009, 05:53 PM
I would try not to worry about it until it becomes a big deal with your DD, hopefully it won't. She is still quite young and might be still the down from being a baby.

She is dark haired, I remember from you're picture and a lot of dark haired children have "downy" hair. My sisters are dark and both had noticable hair on there bodies until they were older.

I really don't think you have much to worry about, unless, like I said she becomes worried about it herself.

It is natural. xx

Ok, thanks, seems its more common than I thought so that makes me feel a little better about it already.

Gareth
xx

Daddy Day Care
30-07-2009, 05:54 PM
My eldest ds is like this, obviously not a girl, it doesn't bother him, I don't really notice. Dh made a comment about it to him the other day and ds went running to the mirror, well I had a go at dh not to mention it again and just leave it be!

I don't have any advice sorry.:blush:

xx

Not mentioning it is advice so thank you, i've mentioned it before and ive been told off by other half.

Gareth
xx

Mollymop
30-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Ooops sorry didnt mean to make anyone else worry

Just cos you're green now Gareth, you started making people feel bad, what are you like!!!:laughing:

sarahlou
30-07-2009, 05:55 PM
im not worried :) i just think its her and I dont worry about it u shoudnt to Im assuming it will go eventually

Daddy Day Care
30-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Just cos you're green now Gareth, you started making people feel bad, what are you like!!!:laughing:

Just cus im green now dont mean you lot can pick on me now :( getting it from all angles today :laughing:

MissTinkerbell
30-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Hello All

When my daughter was born she was incredibly hairy, her back was coverd in hair, we was told this was baby hair and that it would dissapear.

Shes comming upto 5 now and starts school in September and the hair on her back hasnt gone at all. It doesnt bother her at all but other kids can be so mean even at a young age I hate the thought of her being picked on because of this.

Anyone else had hairy girls? anyone know of anything we could do to help this?

Gareth
xx

Both my dd's are the same and have particularly hairy backs. DD1 is about to start in Y2 and as far as I am aware no comment has ever been made fun of for this reason.

I really wouldn't worry about it.

cuddlybunny38
30-07-2009, 06:11 PM
My daughter is now 20 and she still has a hariy back, stomach and fore arms, she was teased at school and quite often she was called a monkey. it did upset her at the time and she used to want to shave it off( she was about 14) or wax it off, she would never wear tops that showed her stomach( still wont) and always wanted to wear long sleeved tops(will wear short sleeves now). I tried to sat to her to ignore it, also not to shave as it wil grow back thicker. she now has a 9 week old baby and he also has a hariy back above his bum and has pixie ears that have a point on them and this ponit is alos very hairy and does notice but hopefully will fall off as he gets bigger. just support your daughter as she gets older. x

Gizmo
30-07-2009, 06:13 PM
my eldest has this as well she is nearly 6 and it seems to be disapearing (sp)

ajs
30-07-2009, 06:18 PM
our eldest daughter was very hairy as a baby and i've just asked her to show me her back and it's still quite hairy ( she's 16) it's never been an issue and as far as i know she has never been teased about it

Blaze
30-07-2009, 06:33 PM
ALL MY KIDS HAVE THIS! (Oops - sorry caps) - Charlotte is nearly ten & it's gone blonde & v. fine & hardly noticiable (used to be v. dark) - she's never had any problems.:)

madasahatter
30-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Can't remember where I read it but I have read something on the lines that if teenage girls become self conscious about body hair then they are better off waxing or epilating rather than shaving because after a few goes the hair will become so fine as to be virtually unnoticeable. Wish I'd have known that before spending years shaving my really hairy legs!
Obviously this is one to bear in mind for future years! wouldn't recommend it at the moment for your daughter unless she's been very very naughty:laughing: because it's torture (at first anyway)

Daddy Day Care
30-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Seems its very common then and most seem to have no problem with it, thansk ladies help put my mind at rest

Gareth
xx

LittleMissSparkles
31-07-2009, 12:29 PM
when Amy was born she had dark hair on her ears was very noticable but eventually went, she now blonde lol her hair colour change too xxx

Rubybubbles
31-07-2009, 12:33 PM
my dd is the same, she will be 5 28th August and it has lightened up

Poor thing needs to sort out her eye brows though:laughing:

My mum told me I was a hairy baby:rolleyes: