PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Child!!!!!!!

Jemima77
30-07-2009, 05:09 PM
OMG I did a settleing in session today with a child that needed holiday care for 3 x a week. (He is 5 years old)
I arranged for him to come for 2 and a half hours this morning and we went upto the local play centre for a bit.
Let's just say I have never been so close to tears in my 10 months doing this job....he was racing round knocking all the little ones over, he was banging his head on the walls, jumping in all the puddles and kicking the trees, lamposts, etc.... on the way home. I had to end up shouting at him to listen to me and he called me "a stupid muppet".
I told Dad when he came to pick him up that I would't be taking it any further as didnt want his behaviour to affect my other mindees and especially my very influential 3 yr old son!!
Has anyone else had to do this??? I did feel bad saying this to him but he then said that they have problems at school too!! Surley they should have mentioned this to me.
he extra money would have been really nice but not if I had to put up with that everyday.

Tinglesnark
30-07-2009, 05:18 PM
oh goodness! sounds like he has a problem there!

near miss eh?

x

sarah707
30-07-2009, 05:36 PM
yes I have done this before... my children threatened to move in with their dad if I kept one particular child a few years ago!

He'd only been here 2 hours it was that bad.

That's what settling in sessions are for! Well done for being strong :D

fionamal
30-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Good greif! I would have done the same as you too

Twinkles
30-07-2009, 05:45 PM
I had one like that when I first started minding :panic: I only had him for a few weeks while mummy was doing community service - say no more :cool:

~Chelle~
30-07-2009, 05:48 PM
I had one like that when I first started minding :panic: I only had him for a few weeks while mummy was doing community service - say no more :cool:

:eek: LMAO

mum26
30-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Poor you - he sounds like very hard work (understatement!).

I bet you are glad that you don't have to look after him any more. Must admit I looked after a little boy when I first started but only lasted two weeks due to behaviour issues. Felt awful not continuing but it was having a detrimental effect on everyone and I was waking up in the night worrying - sometimes there is only so much we are able to do.

Hope you find a nicer mindee soon.

The Juggler
30-07-2009, 05:53 PM
well done for being brave. I probably wouldnt' have had guts to say no more.

Tatjana
30-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Good for being strong enough to say no more! Poor parents though.

xx

Gizmo
30-07-2009, 07:15 PM
lucky escape there :thumbsup:

helenlc
30-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Well done for saying No immediately and sticking to it.

Jemima77
30-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks for your support...I had mum on the phone to me earlier this evening saying that little one was upset and Dad was distraught and she wanted to know what had happened!!!! I told her all of the above and she said she couldn't believe it was the same child as she has no problems with him!!!!! (I could hear him in the background screaming!!!!)ummmm don't think so mum! Hope none of you come across this one as a new enquiry. lol xx

Mollymop
30-07-2009, 09:07 PM
GO with your feelings! I would npot be taking hom on if I were you. Shame I know, we have to be inclusive, but we have to think of the safety of the other children in you're care.

Sounds as if you are making the right choice, hunni x

zillervalley
30-07-2009, 09:25 PM
well done for being so brave and ending the placement, you did the right thing

ziller

Spangles
30-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Sounds like you did completely the right thing there.

I had to end the contract of my very first mindee because she was a nightmare and had a very bad influence on my son's behaviour. When I told the mum she said that she agreed she should have told me about her behaviour before but she needed someone to have her!

You did right, good for you!

x

wendywu
30-07-2009, 11:15 PM
I did have to smile about the stupid muppet bit. I suppose it could have been a lot stronger :laughing:

cuffleygirl
31-07-2009, 07:50 AM
What an escape - just cos we are childminders doesn't mean to say we have to have every available child we are also self employed and can pick and chose to suit ourselves. I had a child that I felt uneasy with at settling and later gave notice to cos of behaviour have learned to follow gut instinct ever since!

Minstrel
31-07-2009, 04:45 PM

This is the funniest thing i've heard in ages! :laughing: :laughing: