30-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Hi,

Im going to make a vistors book and this is what i was going to put in it:

date, time in, time out, name, signature,

have i missed anything out?

thanks beccy

miffy
30-07-2009, 01:25 PM
If you look on page 24 of the Statutory Framework book under stautory guidance it says

"the use of a system to verify the identity of any visitors, record their names, the purpose of the visit and details of the arrival and departure times"

I also put a contact phone number in mine (just in case I ever needed to contact say a tradesman)

HTH's

Miffy xx

It's a small world
30-07-2009, 01:32 PM
I was told by Ofsted didn't need a visitor book unless you were having people coming and going all the time.

Have done one anyway and have similar things you do .

Helen79
30-07-2009, 02:03 PM
I have 'reason for visit' on mine aswell. I also ask them to write the company name as well as their own so I can contact them if I ever needed to.

Tatjana
30-07-2009, 03:25 PM
I've decided i'm not going to have one, I feel they're better suited for nurseries. I only have friends round and not often when i'll be minding so there'll be would be hardly anything in it! Plus it's just another thing to find a place to put it!

xx

miffy
30-07-2009, 03:36 PM
I was told by Ofsted didn't need a visitor book unless you were having people coming and going all the time.

Have done one anyway and have similar things you do .

You're right it's not mandatory, some think it's good practice and if you have a record of who's in your house and when it might help if there is ever a complaint made against you.

Miffy xx

Lily Grace
30-07-2009, 03:49 PM
freechildmindingresources.com have a really nice visitors book i have put it in my RA folder.

Tinglesnark
30-07-2009, 04:05 PM
when you say tradesmen, do you mean tradesmen working IN your house? i get a lot of deliveries for dp's company but they dont actually come in the house...having visions of asking my tesco driver to sign my visitors book each week psml :laughing:

miffy
30-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Yes, I meant anyone working in the house or who's there for any length of time, like our window cleaner who comes in for a cuppa not someone delivering things - Tesco might stop delivering if the driver had to do that every week :rolleyes: :laughing:

Miffy xx

Tinglesnark
30-07-2009, 05:28 PM
teehee was just pulling your leg miffy :cool: :laughing:

Mari
30-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Mine has Date, Name, reason for visit, time in and time out. I use an excersise book and ruler the lines myself.
It's not an option for me, it's a requirement. (CSSIW) although I still write in the diary when anyone visits and the length of time.

sophiestars
30-07-2009, 10:50 PM
When I worked in a Creche Ofsted told us we had to have a contact number too so that if a child comes down with an infectious illness a day later, for example, you can let the person know incase they develop symptoms.

Spangles
30-07-2009, 10:55 PM
I had one but didn't use to get people to fill it in because I felt daft asking!

The only entries I had was my dev officer and the Ofsted inspector! Ha ha!

Mari
30-07-2009, 11:48 PM
When I worked in a Creche Ofsted told us we had to have a contact number too so that if a child comes down with an infectious illness a day later, for example, you can let the person know incase they develop symptoms.

OOH, I'll ask my inspector when he comes, he is due any day (wish me luck!)

loocyloo
31-07-2009, 03:44 PM
my DO came, filled it in ... and forgot to sign !!!!

i sometimes forget to get friends to fill it in, so i write the details in, and either get them to sign next time, or forget it! its usually on the calendar anyway!

x

rainbowmummy
07-09-2009, 07:07 PM
when you say tradesmen, do you mean tradesmen working IN your house? i get a lot of deliveries for dp's company but they dont actually come in the house...having visions of asking my tesco driver to sign my visitors book each week psml :laughing:

This made me laugh :laughing:

I am new to the forum and have just implemented a visitors book after deciding it was better to have one than not!
I have name, date, time in/out and reason for visit in a note book with self ruled lines. It also states on the front page that upon signing the book you confirm you have read the fire evac policy and adhere to the safety points listed.

Is it worth adding anything else?