View Full Version : Moving house -sending Ofsted a risk assessment

30-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Finaly we have a completion date so I need to write to Ofsted and also send a risk assessment of the house. Can any1 let me know what I need to ahve covered on this?

30-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Good luck with the house move.

You cant do it until you're in your new house.

You need to do a general full house inspection.
You need to list the difference in rooms needed. - ie in old house I had a playroom and a study which I dont have here, but I have a dining room and 4th bedroom which I didnt have before.

You need to send a copy to old and new OFSTED office. If you contact your exisisting office, they'll give you the details of your new OFSTED office.

Rachel x

30-07-2009, 01:13 PM
I thought it was a bit strange when they said send it in as soon as you have a date. But when We have moved, whats the best way to do it? any examples/ideas

Chatterbox Childcare
30-07-2009, 01:29 PM
It is my understanding that you cannot childmind in your new premises until Ofsted have given the all clear. I would write to them and let them know the date with the RA and see their response.

30-07-2009, 07:24 PM
How far are you moving?

I moved 120 miles away. So, I moved, then rang OFSTED straight away. Obviously as I had moved so far, I didnt have any customers so it wasnt a problem.
But, as theres a shortage of minders here, I soon had a customer, so had to hurry them along. - they couldnt find my RA when I called and I just went through it verbally! :angry:
(when I moved 1 mile 5 years ago, an inspector came out almost immediately)

It really was just a basic letter and RA that I wrote. I was shocked that they didnt want to visit, but they said as I had a Good on my last inspection. I thought that was terrible as my new home could have had trailing wires etc etc. Anyway, I ramble!!

I 'think' it should be pretty straight forward, will just be a case of speed!

Rachel x

30-07-2009, 07:37 PM
I have moved to 4 houses in 6 years as hubby RAF:laughing:

I find out the floor plan, beg a neighbour for me to see there house (they are all the same, but reversed IYSWIM) and do a detailed floor plan and RA, letter to ofsted and they have never visited:rolleyes:

They do phone and check if I am still moving, then with 2-3 days of moving if not seen anything, I phone them again and then my new cert in the post:clapping: don't forget Insurance and things, as they too need to be in new address or not valid;)

30-07-2009, 08:33 PM
i recently moved and sent a full detailed floor plan with high lighted areas of risk and explanation of this on reverse with measurements of the rooms i would be using.
a week later i had a call they were coming to have a nose and check before issueing me a new certificate!

I paniced... she came and was lovely! only had a quick run round and a nose. i pointed out the risks i felt she she know of and how id over come them ect and she was pleased. . . . upped my numbers to max and let me havea over night!

she explained they now like to come out even witha risk assesment plan sent just to double check!;)

31-07-2009, 05:49 PM
It sounds like it depends on the area. only moving to the other side of the estate we are on so about 0.5miles

Sending them a letter, floor plan of highlighted areas that I will be using, and a rough risk assessment. As long as they come out/send certificate quickly, il be happy either way

18-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Just wondered if I need paper work at the new house for when Ofsted come to check house before I start working in it? Any advice much appreciated