PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else addicted...

angiemog
30-07-2009, 08:38 AM
to buying resources?? I only registered in May but I started buying and collecting stuff in Jan. I don't have any children of my own so have had to start from scratch. I've been very lucky with friends and family giving me things and I've got some real bargains from car boots, ebay and charity shops. My whole house looks like a nursery. I have things in every room, even in the garage so I can rotate the larger things. Now.... I still look for things and can't resist any bargain I see. Yesterday for instance I saw a brand new thomas aqua draw for £4.99..... got it, but, I already have the Tomy one!
I guess I really need to stay out of toy shops!

cabby
30-07-2009, 08:46 AM
i am completly, stupidly obsessed:blush: :blush:
i will buy or at least look at stuff everyday:panic: :panic: my favorite thing at the moment is freecycle,

im the same if i see something that i think is a real bargain i'll buy it...if i need it or not:blush:
ive got one mum at the moment who keeps giving me things:clapping: :clapping:

brightstar
30-07-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm always buying stuff, if anyone puts a link on here i'm guarenteed to take a look, and usually end up buying something. Its more fun buying toys than giving it to the taxman lol

Gizmo
30-07-2009, 09:36 AM
I thought it was just me :laughing: and I have 2 kids of my own but have been buying tons for 1st mindee starting on Monday and she is the same age as my dd :laughing: DH is starting to ask questions but I keep on with the same answer I can claim it back :thumbsup:

Monkey1
30-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Hello, My name is Monkey and i am a resource buying adict!:clapping: :clapping: Just won a jane powertwin on ebay for £60!:clapping:

miffy
30-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Definitely!!

Always in the charity shops, pound shops and looking through the sales!

Miffy xx

loocyloo
30-07-2009, 01:01 PM
ooo, well done !!!

i'm making a new sensory box at the moment, and everywhere i go, i see stuff for it ... i had to buy a bigger box the other week ... going to need a huge one soon!

i'm not at all interested in shopping for clothes/shoes etc, but show me a toy shop/craft shop .... you'll never get me out empty handed!

x

Mouse
30-07-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm onto my third (big) shed of resources, equipment etc. I keep promising myself I won't buy anything else, but I'm failing miseably!

jeanybeany
30-07-2009, 01:33 PM
ooo, well done !!!

i'm making a new sensory box at the moment, and everywhere i go, i see stuff for it ... i had to buy a bigger box the other week ... going to need a huge one soon!

i'm not at all interested in shopping for clothes/shoes etc, but show me a toy shop/craft shop .... you'll never get me out empty handed!

x

Well said ! I am the same...............We have been to a carboot this morning and I got a dancemat and an elc fire engine, at the weekend I got balls for the stand up ball blast (we didn't need them). I have just spent a small fortune on the festival shop site, and TTS and NES Arnold! I have also tried to order a games table out of the studio (don't think that will come though) and last week got new jigsaws as well, not to mention my HB purchases!

I was joking with hubby the other day saying I could start a scheme like the toy library for other childminders, I have so much stuff. Even my daughters teacher keeps asking her to ask me to send stuff in for their topics (lol).

I need a bigger house! I love buying toys and crafts:D

cher25
30-07-2009, 04:07 PM
I am the same. No kids of my own yet either. Can't even go to tesco's for food shopping without looking at toy's and wanting to buy things.
I am alway's looking online aswell, can't help myself.
Still to get dressing up clothes and more multicultural toys yet though, but they are expensive and i dont have money for that at the moment and im funny with clothes from charity shops's etc, so seem to stay clear of them.

Need a huge lottery win to just to buy all the toys and stuff i want for minding. lol

newandlearning
30-07-2009, 04:36 PM
ahh..:p .. I'm the same.. have begun to not shop so much now.. Argos is my best friend as I can reserve and pick up in eve after not working.. I do find now we are on school hols. I can't get into any shops so easily so I'm getting more fresh air.. to be honest I think the fresh air is better. saying that today I bought some things from the NCMA website for my own resources.. I think I buy something nearly every day.. if not every day... I am getting better and these days try to keep it as cheap as chips..xx:o

Peppa
30-07-2009, 05:23 PM
I am too an addict!

I must buy something every week.

I ordered t shirts and fleece for myself from amaranth this week and got coloured clay, more paint, space hoppers, stilts, and something else i can't remember in the sale at elc today (not the clay in the sale, but we went just for the clay!)

My one box of arts and crafts is too small cant get it all in.

Really need dressing up clothes now tho and um... well anything else i see that i dont have :D

Daddy Day Care
30-07-2009, 05:48 PM
I would be an addict, but the position were in I really cant afford to buy things at the moment so I dont.

Sayingggggg that my daughters last week of nursery they had a big sale on, selling tons of books jigsaws etc, and i eneded up buying two big boxes full of bits for £16. But when theres a bargain on like that its hard not to buy

Gareth
xx

littlepixies
30-07-2009, 08:19 PM
yep!!! me too!!! i love looking for new things i even think about it when i go to bed what ideas i can come up with too look for the next day sad eh!!:blush:

Cammie Doodle
30-07-2009, 09:58 PM
mmm maybe we need to start a club like AA, but for us Addicted Childminders

Skyedali
03-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Hello

I'm a new member here! Nice to meet you all!!

I'm a nursery nurse with two children of my own. I'm somewhere on the waiting longg list to become a childminder in my area. Anyway, i am totally addicted to buying 'stuff' haha... I used to see items for my littl'ns and buy in bulk, id then sell the remaining stock so that this would pay for MORE STUFF hahaha. It got soooo addictive that it developed in to a business and my house is WAY to full!! I've moved on from toys and its now anything i can source cheaply or in bulk.

Can i put this in the 'interests' section on my CV? im not sure :laughing:

miffy
03-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Can i put this in the 'interests' section on my CV? im not sure :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Miffy xx