PDA

View Full Version : what would you do...

miss mopple
30-07-2009, 07:20 AM
if a parent of a child you stopped caring for 2yrs ago asked for your reg no as the tax credits needed it?

I cant for the life of me think why she would need it now, but have just had a text asking for it for her tax credits renewal. If shes that desperate for it perhaps she should have kept the paperwork I gave her :angry: She actually rang a friend yesterday to ask for my surname, so clearly 3yrs of caring for her LO 50+hrs a week meant naff all to her as she cant even remember that :rolleyes:

Have just sent her a text with my address on and told her to get them to contact me directly for any info they need, but not until 17th as am on hols til then.

What would you have done?

andreaschildcare
30-07-2009, 07:23 AM
i would have done the same.

Parents cant usually claim without the number so she would have needed it before she started with you!

FussyElmo
30-07-2009, 07:27 AM
Why on earth would she need your number now if you stopped caring for her lo two years ago.

Think you have done the right thing.

It was my understanding they only need you number to make a claim for childcare so why does she need the number for renewal if she has not been using you for two years?

loocyloo
30-07-2009, 07:30 AM
hmm. i'm not sure why she would need it either.

she can only claim retrospectivley for 3 mths, so whatever happened 2 years ago is done and dusted!

i think by telling her to get them to get in touch with you is the best thing!

good luck x

miffy
30-07-2009, 07:32 AM
If she said she needed your reg number for her tc renewal that implies she's using your number to claim now

You did the right thing - in fact, I might be tempted to ring tc and say you suspect she is trying to claim through your reg and you no longer care for the child. Just depends whether you want to get involved.

Miffy xx

miss mopple
30-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Thanks folks. Glad Im not the only one who thinks its odd. I have called the tax credits line and they cant tell me anything without her NI number but said to get her to give them my phone number and they will call me so Ive done that

Im sure she thinks Im being difficult but I dont care :laughing:

peanuts
30-07-2009, 09:10 AM
i have been asked before the same thing from a parent, i didnt give it. i got wrung over once by a parent signing contract just to get my reg number. so now i dont give it out unless it is on the contract. no other times, i just say please refer to contract.

miss mopple
30-07-2009, 07:23 PM
well she hasnt texted me back and I havent had a call from tax credits.

And Im now officially on hols til the 17th so have no intention of answering any calls if it rings ;)