PDA

View Full Version : whats everyone done/doing with the mirror on a roll?

andreaschildcare
30-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Morning!

I have 2 rolls here and wondering what to do?

Have thought about making a mirrored sensory box eith hanging down bits etc

any other ideas please? :idea:

miffy
30-07-2009, 07:42 AM
I cut a length from mine yesterday and blu-tacked it onto a door - the kids loved it, especially the babies.

I'm going to look for a couple of large, shallow trays and put some on the bottom so that the children can play with toys in there.

Am waiting for hubby to make me a frame so I can make a mirror for the dressing up trolley (could be a long wait though!)

Going to cut out some shapes - might do animals, mount them on strong card and put them round the room.

Going to make some hand-held mirrors (like hair-dressing ones) in different sizes for role-play hairdressers

Going to test some outside to see if it survives the weather - if it does, I'll put some "garden shapes" around the fences.

That's it for now - any other ideas welcome.

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
30-07-2009, 07:46 AM
I am going to test some outside too.

I have some up on the wall and its crinkly - we have a 'hall of mirrors' so far.

Going to put some in a tray and cut some shapes up etc.

andreaschildcare
30-07-2009, 07:47 AM
Hi Miffy

Thanks some really fab ideas there!!!!!! :clapping: :D

sarah32
30-07-2009, 07:52 AM
I have a roll and was stumped on what to do with it as dont really want lots of it on my walls in my living room

angiemog
30-07-2009, 08:24 AM
I have put some on a piece of hard board A4 size it's sturdy and useful then for babies. B & Q do a huge piece of hard board for £2.28 and they will then do 4 cuts free. x

hollybritten
30-07-2009, 08:25 AM
where do you get the mirror on rolls?
Thanks

newandlearning
30-07-2009, 09:25 AM
sounds great I'd like to know where to get this from too please:)

Jen4Kids
30-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Im quite sure it was from Aldi but dont quote me :laughing:

I totally forgot to go to my local, i wonder if they still have any :idea:

andreaschildcare
30-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Hiya

It was Lidl but i am sure ebay do it too x

helenlc
31-07-2009, 08:00 AM
I got mine from Ebay - about £8.99 I think with free postage.

I am going to try some in the garden - when hubby brings me back some marine ply from where he works (only been asking for 2 weeks - but yrs ago when he worked in MFI i waited 9 months for a freezer, so might have a long wait!)

I am going to make some smaller shapes and put them on the wall in the conservatory under the window so nice and low - so the kids can look at themselves when playing.

I like the idea of putting them in the bottom of trays - hadnt thought of that.

Also going to put some on the end of the dressing up trolley - when I have made it (and yes when hubby has brought some MDF back from work!!)

Rubybubbles
31-07-2009, 12:22 PM
the children made handheld mirrors last week with ours, the girls made shell shaped ones and the boys pirate style:laughing:

So does it go outside okay??

I put some in bottom of trays and plan to make big mirrors too:D

miffy
31-07-2009, 08:17 PM
So does it go outside okay??

Don't know - hasn't stopped raining long enough for me to try it out :laughing:

Miffy xx

singingcactus
02-08-2009, 03:36 PM
I got some of this years ago and used it to make a self registration board. I had a little boy with autism and learning difficulties at the time and my theory was that when he put the hand print with his name onto the board/mirror in the morning he would see his face and his name at the same time and hopefully connect his face with his name :). It works incredibly well, now he can pick his name out of loads of others, and the kids get to kiss themselves goodbye when they leave (loads of anti bac spray needed there lol)
I also put some onto our science table, so that the kids can see things from different angles at the same time.
We use it for an about me theme whenever a new child starts too, making mirrors etc.

cherry
03-08-2009, 10:52 AM
I got mine from Kleneze catalogue.

Today I've put a piece on some card leaving an inch all the way around and my 6 year old mindee is decorating it then she can take it home to put in her bedroom.

Her own personal mirror. :)