PDA

View Full Version : I want a Phil and Teds ....................

Noodles
20-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Any offers on what these are like i have a mamas and papas aria at the mo but it needs replacing so i thought get one of these, ditch all my other buggies and have a single and then a double when needed
what do you all think

Rubybubbles
20-02-2008, 11:15 PM
I got rid of my M&P's for a phil and teds I love it so NO you can't have it:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

highly recommended though for just the reasons you say, also, very lightweight, fits into a very small car, bar so push and hold hands I can go on and go on and on................................................ .................................................. .................................... did I tell U I love my Phil & Teds;)

oakie dokie
21-02-2008, 06:57 AM
cannot beat my phil and teds! best piece of equipment i have ever purchased! thats a :thumbsup: from me , go for it well worth the money.

hazelx

Noodles
21-02-2008, 09:52 AM
ok thanks for that i will have to start looking around for one i have been looking on ebay and theres a fair few on there. my oh will be so happy when i tell him we can get rid of all the other pushchairs that are stored in his car :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LittleMissSparkles
21-02-2008, 10:45 AM
they are so expensive though... what ages can you have up to in the seats as the double seat at the bottom doesnt look big enough for toddlers and I have 2 aged 2 sometimes xxx

Noodles
21-02-2008, 11:23 AM
they are so expensive though... what ages can you have up to in the seats as the double seat at the bottom doesnt look big enough for toddlers and I have 2 aged 2 sometimes xxx

suppose you could use a buggy board for one of them i have seen quite a big child in the bottom seat though

jaz
21-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Sorry for being so dim, but what are 'Phil and Teds'

J
x

anneriddington
21-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Good question Jasper, I didn't like to ask:blush: I dont know either:blush:

LittleMissSparkles
21-02-2008, 01:17 PM
here's a link to a phil and ted's its a pushchair xxx

http://www.babykit.co.uk/shop/6_shop_by_manufacturer/37_phil_and_teds/?gclid=CMn7t8qu1ZECFRA9Zwod5nCOZQ

Heaven Scent
21-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Never heard of them either
celine:eek:

oakie dokie
21-02-2008, 01:58 PM
i have had a child up to 3 years in the bottom im sure somewhare i read it was up to age 5, dont quote me on that.

hazelx

crazybones
21-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Wonder if I can persude hubby. At the moment I have a Mothercare in front type double buggy and mindees buggy in hall and in the kitchen I have Williams buggy and pram. Do you think it would take 2 2year olds?(mindee A is probably the size of a 3 year old though). Hope to use buggy board once better weather arrives.

Annie x

LittleMissSparkles
21-02-2008, 02:16 PM
i have had a child up to 3 years in the bottom im sure somewhare i read it was up to age 5, dont quote me on that.

hazelx

really cause I didnt think they looked very big and how do the children find been so close to the floor the second one looks very low andnot much view ???

crazybones
21-02-2008, 02:17 PM
really cause I didnt think they looked very big and how do the children find been so close to the floor the second one looks very low andnot much view ???

Yes that is my worry too. It does look very low.

Annie x

Banana
21-02-2008, 02:18 PM
I was under the impression they were only for 1 baby and one toddler. Intereting to find out they arent!!!

They do have a good rep!

x

Sarsar3NCH
21-02-2008, 02:29 PM
I use mine for two toddlers although mine are all trained to walk long distances from the age of about 2.5 so doubles seat is used as a 'just in case' and when not in use with a child it carries a lot of school bags!!

Paniers (set of two bags that attach an sides) are a must when out for the day and using both seats, I have just invested in some and already don't know how I managed without them.

I can thoroughly recommend though, little ones fight to be able to sit at the back so it can't be too uncomfortable, they just chat to whoever is walking, holding on.

Sarah

Rubybubbles
21-02-2008, 02:48 PM
I use mine for two toddlers although mine are all trained to walk long distances from the age of about 2.5 so doubles seat is used as a 'just in case' and when not in use with a child it carries a lot of school bags!!

Paniers (set of two bags that attach an sides) are a must when out for the day and using both seats, I have just invested in some and already don't know how I managed without them.

I can thoroughly recommend though, little ones fight to be able to sit at the back so it can't be too uncomfortable, they just chat to whoever is walking, holding on.Sarah

same here!! I only use mine as a single now as lo 2,9month walks everywhere, and dd walks too 3,6months

I have had my poorly son in the front when he was 4 years and dd in back!! He had more than enough room

I think these pushchairs are like marmite you love them or hate them

I love marmite:D haha:laughing:

oakie dokie
21-02-2008, 03:17 PM
im a marmite lover too!:laughing:

hazelx

oakie dokie
21-02-2008, 03:19 PM
i had a 9 month in the back and he loves to look up at you through the handle and babble away to me and me to him!:laughing:

hazelx

Schnakes
21-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Does the bit in the back trip you up though? Looks like you would have to lean over it? Am currently debating between Phil and Teds and a Jane myself, so would be interested to know...

Sx

manjay
21-02-2008, 05:55 PM
I thought it was quite heavy when I tried it!

amanda xx

Sarsar3NCH
21-02-2008, 06:03 PM
I dont notice the back seat, i put mine on a lot even if I probably wont use it, just in case I need it or I load it up with bags.

the back seat isn't any further back than the handle.

Like Rubybubbles said, you love em or hate em! I am a lover!

Sarah