PDA

View Full Version : Need help to word an e mail please

Polly2
29-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Hi all
I was supposed to have a telephone interview for my foundation degree this evening but it seems they have forgotten to phone me :rolleyes:

I need to send them an e mail to let them know but don't know how to word it without sounding stroppy!

Please someone help!

OrlandoBelle
29-07-2009, 05:21 PM
How about something like this...

Dear xxxxx

I spoke with you on xxxxxxx regarding a telephone interview I was due to have today for my foundation degree.

I have been in all evening but have not received a call. Could you please let me know when the interview is likely to be taken as I have a certain amount of duties throughout the week and would like to take part in the interview as soon as possible.
I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Regards

Polly2! Lol.

That any good? Or you could lie and say you are due to go on holiday at the end of the week so you would like to do the interview asap before you leave. It is still only early evening, so they might still call.

Good luck. I hope you hear from them soon. xx

Mari
29-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Or:

Please would it be possible for you to clarify the interview times for the foundation degree that I have applied for.

Thank you in advance

Nice and simple.:)

sweets
29-07-2009, 05:28 PM
or:
Excuse me but how rude, you said you would phone me but you haven't! do you think i have nothing better to do than wait for your phone call? please ring me this instant!!
Love from a very impatient and stressed out childminder!

Maybe not!!:laughing: :laughing:

Polly2
29-07-2009, 05:31 PM
:ROFL1: thats exactly how I feel which is why I am having trouble being polite :D

Polly2
29-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Dear *****

I had an appointment for a telephone interview with you this evening (Wednesday 29th July).

As I have not heard from you please could you arrange another date/time.

Hows that??

manjay
29-07-2009, 05:34 PM
How annoying:( I wouldn't hold out much hope for her calling this evening as I am sure she is only working days. I do know she has other interviews this week (can't remember if it's tomorrow or Friday) so I would just send something very short and to the point and they should get back to you soon

Polly2
29-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Yes you are right Manjay - I phoned her after I had waited half an hour and there was no answer so I guess she has forgotten and gone home.

Thats why I thought I would send her a quick e mail in case she forgets me altogether!!

Polly2
30-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Oh well she has e mailed me back this morning and apologised she had forgotten!

She will phone me tomorrow now...hopefully :D