PDA

View Full Version : Our trip out

allinatiz
20-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Well, on possibly the coldest day we've had we went on our trip to a farm and I've now decided never to leave the house again! Or just quit while I'm ahead!

I feel like such a crap minder, the kids were well wrapped up so were warmer than me but weren't particularly interested in the animals apart from the baby goats. I felt like I wasn't really in control when they were out of the buggy (although when someone fell it was always my daughter ;)) even though I know they were ok really.

My mindee was crying when we were waiting to watch the lambs and kids being fed and I felt like all the other CM's were watching me. I am new to the CM group and they are very friendly and new to childminding so there's maybe a hint of paranoia there :laughing:

I didn't expect to feel like this as I know I'm more than capable of looking after children (even good at it :eek:) and having 4 of my own I expected to feel a bit more in control than I did. I was really looking forward to summer and taking them to parks etc but now I'm just worried.

On the plus side my older twins had a fab time!

Just needed to offload, sorry.

ajs
20-02-2008, 09:36 PM
i am absolutley sure no one was watching you critically probably just making sure you were ok and if they didn't offer to help you must have looked as if you were coping.
i am sure the kids had a great time don't put yourself down.

Spangles
20-02-2008, 09:40 PM
I feel like that a bit sometimes too. I bet you were fine and concentrating on the children with you so much that you didn't notice the other cm's children were behaving exactly the same!

I bet you handled it all really well and it's only you who's worrying about it. It just takes time to get your confidence up - hope so, because I'm the same as you!

sarah707
20-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Some outings work really well and everyone has a fab time... some do not. Fact of life I'm afraid...

I've had some real duds over the years ... all that planning and risk assessing, getting forms signed etc... and they hate it or the weather is crud or someone has a cold...

It's not just you! Start tomorrow with a smile! :D

lindylou
20-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Not all trips go to plan dont worry and dont let it put you off planning another one the next one wil go great
Linxx

miffy
20-02-2008, 09:52 PM
I think you're being a bit hard on yourself here

It's really hard going on trips and keeping your eyes on several kids at once never mind trying to find something that amuses all of them

I'm sure if you'd looked as though you weren't coping the other minders would have helped you - don't rule out other trips yet

Miffy xx

wendywu
20-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Its only the same as being a mum, sometimes the children play up, sometimes they have a great time playing with nothing much. At least they were out in the fresh air.:laughing:

LittleMissSparkles
21-02-2008, 11:11 AM
I agree with everyone else, sometimes you have bad days but you are a good mum and a good minder dont be disheartened babe next time could be totally different :) xxx

wendywu
21-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Yesterday we went to the cinema and the 2 year old spent a lot of the time sitting on the floor playing with her shoes, but at least she was quiet.:idea:

Today we went to the Wacky play centre, and having spent £3.00 each for 5 of them to play, they then said do we have to go in. YES YOU DO, i insist you go and have FUN:laughing:

Banana
21-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Oh dont worry!

I feel like that sometimes, 3 kids running in different directons all wanting to do something different - you dont know which one to run after first lol

Dont worry, You get days out like this and then other times they are all good as gold and its a lovely day!!

You are not a bad childminder - just human!!

xxx

Schnakes
21-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Argh! We had our WORST DAY OUT ever last summer, to Beale Park (like a really big farm park) last year. It was tipping with rain, but the only day we could do. The boat we were catching to go up there was late, so we were sodden before we'd even left. It was freezing cold, when we got off the boat my son fell straight into a puddle and was soaked, so he was miserable. I had brought a picnic, and nearly came to blows with the resteraunt manager because he wouldnt let us eat it in his cafe. There was only us in there - I said I would buy food from him so we could sit in there, he said no! ARRGH! Outside a lady with a little girl in a WHEELCHAIR said they had been turfed out too! What a :censored: that manager is! The only seating not out in the rain was in a little hut...soon as we sat down and unopacked all the food, 4 year old decides shes absolutely DESPERATE for the toilet. I said, sorry, but you will have to wait. Its too far away, and Im not packing up and dragging everyone back out there...silly me! She promptly wets herself. Why she couldnt have told me she needed the toilet while we were out there trying to find somewhere to sit I dont know. All the animals were hiding from the rain, except for the owls and the pigs. In the end I went up to boat people and asked please please PLEASE would they take us home!! (About 3 hours early) Luckily they thought I was mad going out in the fitst place and took us back to base. What REALLY annoyed me though was that the 4 year old was staying on later that day for the trip, which I hadnt asked payment for, or charged for the extra hours. I phoned her mum to say come and pick her up at the river...when she got there she didnt even bother to offer us a lift (knowing full well I dont drive) so we had to stand around in the freezing cold waiting for a bus as she drove merrily past.

Worst Trip Ever!!!

You have my sympathies,

Sx

button68
21-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Argh! We had our WORST DAY OUT ever last summer, to Beale Park (like a really big farm park) last year. It was tipping with rain, but the only day we could do. The boat we were catching to go up there was late, so we were sodden before we'd even left. It was freezing cold, when we got off the boat my son fell straight into a puddle and was soaked, so he was miserable. I had brought a picnic, and nearly came to blows with the resteraunt manager because he wouldnt let us eat it in his cafe. There was only us in there - I said I would buy food from him so we could sit in there, he said no! ARRGH! Outside a lady with a little girl in a WHEELCHAIR said they had been turfed out too! What a :censored: that manager is! The only seating not out in the rain was in a little hut...soon as we sat down and unopacked all the food, 4 year old decides shes absolutely DESPERATE for the toilet. I said, sorry, but you will have to wait. Its too far away, and Im not packing up and dragging everyone back out there...silly me! She promptly wets herself. Why she couldnt have told me she needed the toilet while we were out there trying to find somewhere to sit I dont know. All the animals were hiding from the rain, except for the owls and the pigs. In the end I went up to boat people and asked please please PLEASE would they take us home!! (About 3 hours early) Luckily they thought I was mad going out in the fitst place and took us back to base. What REALLY annoyed me though was that the 4 year old was staying on later that day for the trip, which I hadnt asked payment for, or charged for the extra hours. I phoned her mum to say come and pick her up at the river...when she got there she didnt even bother to offer us a lift (knowing full well I dont drive) so we had to stand around in the freezing cold waiting for a bus as she drove merrily past.

Worst Trip Ever!!!

You have my sympathies,

Sx

I know I shouldn't but ........................... :ROFL1:

Sorry :blush:

deeb66
21-02-2008, 07:12 PM
As the others have said.....some trips out are like that and some can be absolutely fantastic.

Don't beat yourself up about it.

Schnakes
21-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Yup - all the other trips Ive don with the kids have been so wonderful. Wouldnt not do it for the world...love taking them places! :)

Sx

allinatiz
21-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks! I'm feeling better about it today and have decided that I will leave the house again ;)

Worst Trip Ever!!!

You have my sympathies,

Sx

:eek:

angeldelight
21-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Glad to hear it !

Angel xx

Heaven Scent
22-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Well when you consider the alternative spending every day at home its a bit boreing and lonely so put that one behind you and consider it a lesson learnt and bite the bullet and start planning your next trip

Celine