PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

deb24
06-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Can anybody help!!
Should I start advertising now before I get my registration certificate.As worried I will end up waiting ages for it to come through as it may get caught up in the xmas post.But then I know I can't start until the NCMA have set up my public liability insurance,and my CRB is back.
What should I do for the best.

berkschick
06-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Hi,

I am waiting for my CRB check to come through and then for my registration certificate and insurance. Everything else is in place, my husbands CRB is through already so hopefully mine isnt too far behind. I have passed my numbers on to 5 childminders at school and also placed an advert on Gumtree. I had a phone call the day after I placed the advert to take on 2 sisters in April, I couldnt believe how quickly I got a response! I have also had an email about twin boys but they dont want to start until June and I cant afford to hold a place until then. I have advertised on the basis that anyone looking for a childminder now might not actually need me until the new year anyway by which time everything will hopefully be sorted. As long as you are honest about your position when they call. Hope that helps!

Debbie

sarah707
06-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Like berkschick says, it's better to advertise and turn people away than not have anyone ringing and being desperate!

Go for it!!

buildingblocks
06-12-2007, 09:41 PM
I agree with what has already been said start advertising now and put people on a waiting list.Once you are ready ring them to see if htey have found a childminder. If they like you they may end up with second best and once you are up and running they may consider you

samw
06-12-2007, 09:42 PM
I advertised before all my paperwork was through. Gave my number to the other local childminders, the school and preschool and put notice in the local shop.

Theres no harm in generating some interest while you wait!

Sam x

LittleMissSparkles
07-12-2007, 06:39 AM
I advertised before my certificate came through and had a baby waiting to start by the time it did come which was brilliant :)

angeldelight
07-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Good advice from everyone

Hope you get some calls soon

Good luck

Angel xx

emler
07-12-2007, 08:58 PM
I advertised before I received my certificate and I had a baby lined up for when it arrived.
Good luck with it

Emler x

nannan
09-12-2007, 06:06 PM
as has been said, it wont do any harm to advertise, also by going to childminders groups and mums and tots group to show your face around can be a good way of introducing yourself to prospective mums and other childminders, do you have a support childminder in your area, as she could help you, with where is the best places to advertise.