PDA

View Full Version : I am a bit stumped here

LeeAnn
29-07-2009, 11:19 AM
hello all just a quick and possibly silly question.

How do you go for a wee if you are out on a trip with the mindees??

I had 4 kids (2 of them are mine) out at a soft play place recently and I was needing a wee. I had to then hold it for 2 hours until I got home as I could see no practical way for me to visit the toilet. !!

Am I missing something here? is there an obvious way or will I just have the worlds strongest bladder? :blush:

Blaze
29-07-2009, 11:29 AM
ROFL - ALWAYS go before you leave the house!

Polly2
29-07-2009, 11:30 AM
tenapads??? :laughing: sorry :blush:

Pipsqueak
29-07-2009, 11:31 AM
take them with you!! you either leave the door slightly ajar and give strict instruction for them to not move or go to the disabled one and take them all in with you:D

Goatgirl
29-07-2009, 11:37 AM
This is tricky; some people only go out with other chm's I think, so they can supervise each other's mindees when they need the loo etc.
I personally take them in with me (outside the cubicle, but keep talking to them) and just tell the older ones/boys where i am and to wait for me outside the door.
A bladder of steel definitely helps :)

LeeAnn
29-07-2009, 11:43 AM
take them with you!! you either leave the door slightly ajar and give strict instruction for them to not move or go to the disabled one and take them all in with you:D

I thought about that but wasn't sure if it would be allowed! This is what I do if any of the wee ones need to go I just take them all into the disabled one. I have two 3YOs and one 2YO (all girls) along with my own 10YO boy who is more than capable of being left outside the door.

maybe I just need a big rope so I can tie them all together in a corner til I get back ;) ;)

Princess Sara
29-07-2009, 11:48 AM
I went to a soft play last week with my ds1 5, ds2 1, and boy mindee 4. I left my ds1 playing while I went to change ds2's nappy, but took mindee with me. I have no problems leaving my ds1 as he knows where I am. Would have done the same if I needed to pee, glad disabled loo's are nice and big!

Helen79
29-07-2009, 12:27 PM
I take them into the disabled toilet with me but I only have children under 4.

I always park the pushchair in the middle of the room facing the door, then shout 'ooh look a spider' & point to the opposite corner to the loo.
They're too busy peering into the corner trying to find the spider to notice what I'm dong :laughing:

Daddy Day Care
29-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Likewise, I always you disabled toilets, Particulary becuase msot toilets for men arent big enough for buggy and have no baby changing units

Gareth
xx

The Juggler
29-07-2009, 12:32 PM

I do this, use the disabled toilet and take them in. Lovely eh!

Actually once I had to use a portacabin type in the park so left door ajar, had buggy handle through the door and others touching the door with instructions to scream very loudly if anyone came within 50 yards of them (so they wouldn't be abducted rather than they saw me on loo - but obviously had a dual purpose!)

HomefromHome
29-07-2009, 12:52 PM
I do this, use the disabled toilet and take them in. Lovely eh!

Actually once I had to use a portacabin type in the park so left door ajar, had buggy handle through the door and others touching the door with instructions to scream very loudly if anyone came within 50 yards of them (so they wouldn't be abducted rather than they saw me on loo - but obviously had a dual purpose!)

oh the mental picture i have now!! pmsl

The Juggler
29-07-2009, 01:23 PM
sorry!:blush: :blush:

LeeAnn
29-07-2009, 07:32 PM
LOL!!!

I am glad this is how you all got round it, I was just not sure if they would be allowed to come with me, but I know if I put my DD to a minder I wouldnt think twice about her going with the minder.

miffy
29-07-2009, 09:24 PM
I take them into the disabled toilet with me but I only have children under 4.

I always park the pushchair in the middle of the room facing the door, then shout 'ooh look a spider' & point to the opposite corner to the loo.
They're too busy peering into the corner trying to find the spider to notice what I'm dong :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Will have to remember that one! :D

Miffy xx

zillervalley
29-07-2009, 09:28 PM
I use the disabled toiley too, like the spider disraction

ziller